Abuse noted in Lavergne evaluation

Abuse noted in Lavergne evaluation

There are 11 comments on the The Daily Advertiser story from Sep 13, 2012, titled Abuse noted in Lavergne evaluation. In it, The Daily Advertiser reports that:

Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man convicted in August of killing two local women, was hospitalized at age 15 for treatment of anger and depression and has a history of physical abuse and molestation, according to a psychological evaluation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Advertiser.

Souless

Thibodaux, LA

#1 Sep 14, 2012
When a child's heart and soul is murdered at a tender age, what else can be expected but what resulted in this case. Murder, leads to murder, leads to murder, leads to murder.

He is just as dead breathing, being alive on this earth, as his victims bodies lie cold and not breathing in graves buried deep in the earth.
cajunfreak

Welsh, LA

#2 Sep 15, 2012
who cares burn him
reality

Elton, LA

#4 Sep 15, 2012
jesus crist wrote:
<quoted text>you will burn in hell and who cares about that. you think mental illness is a joke.
You think posing as Jesus Christ is cool? There are literally hundreds of thousands of people in this nation alone that have been abused in one way or another. An overwhelming majority of them do not turn into murderers or abusers. Somewhere along the line you have to take accountability for your own life. This man knew right from wrong. Every piece of evidence that I have seen shows that. I beg of you to not make excuses for him, especially while using Jesus' name. He is a cold blooded killer.
Souless

Thibodaux, LA

#5 Sep 15, 2012
He would have done better to ask God's forgiveness and be put to death. He will be tortured forever in prison, by his own sins and by other prisoners. I bet his gets alot of his own medicine in prison.
Cruel

Sunset, LA

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Who molested and abused this man as a child ? the sitter or the parents?If Its the sitter she should be convicted Also
agree

United States

#8 Sep 30, 2012
sitter should be named and prosecuted also. From what i unserstood the sitter was not an adult but referred to as a teenager. Whatever the case there are issues that need to be dealt with. People who are hurting hurt other people but i am also of the opinion that one must be responsible for his or her own actions. Especially when their actions hurt others.

Its my personal opinion that brandon lavergne's anger had a whole lot more to do with rejection by his biological mother. He couldnt handle rejection from any woman well.
Pappy

Bedford, TX

#9 Oct 1, 2012
Souless wrote:
When a child's heart and soul is murdered at a tender age, what else can be expected but what resulted in this case. Murder, leads to murder, leads to murder, leads to murder.
He is just as dead breathing, being alive on this earth, as his victims bodies lie cold and not breathing in graves buried deep in the earth.
According to your way of thinking we need to round up all children who's heart and soul are murdered at a tender age and put them in prison before they kill innocent people because its only a matter of time before they murder someone
agree

United States

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your way of thinking we need to round up all children who's heart and soul are murdered at a tender age and put them in prison before they kill innocent people because its only a matter of time before they murder someone
no we need to round them up and at least offer them counseling and moral support so that they dont grow up angry at the world because they feel like nobody cared enough to protect them from being taken advantage of. BEFORE PROBLEMS ARISE LATER ON IN LIFE, smart ass. Your answer was a far jump from my way of thinking.
agree

United States

#11 Oct 1, 2012
You think anybody ever reaches a point that they are beyond help?
eyewatcher

Lafayette, LA

#12 Oct 1, 2012
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You think posing as Jesus Christ is cool? There are literally hundreds of thousands of people in this nation alone that have been abused in one way or another. An overwhelming majority of them do not turn into murderers or abusers. Somewhere along the line you have to take accountability for your own life. This man knew right from wrong. Every piece of evidence that I have seen shows that. I beg of you to not make excuses for him, especially while using Jesus' name. He is a cold blooded killer.
I completely agree with you... also realizing that this is a man who had a great job and life ...we KNOW that he was a functioning human being. Yet I still wonder if HIS family or co-workers saw anything different? I am bothered about all of this and from my viewpoint the death penalty would have been better than solitary confinement in Angola. I have to wonder was he that fearful of death?
wing

Prairieville, LA

#13 Oct 10, 2012
He is that fearful of death deserves way worse than what he's got imagine if it was your little girl laying under that's sick person yes they do need help but it's no excuse what he did will never be forgotton I've been knowing him mostly all my life I new him as a kid an adult

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana State Penitentiary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 for Today: Tuesday, June 9 Jun '15 Xstain Fatwas Cen... 2
News Low river level spurs push for boat launch (Jul '12) Mar '15 Lea 337
News a a If God can come down in human form, I can c... (Feb '15) Feb '15 True Christian wi... 5
Blogs written by inmates from the Angola prison... (Sep '09) Mar '14 country girl 25
turn of century inmate at angola (Nov '13) Nov '13 raymond wade austin 1
prison inmate turrn of century (Nov '13) Nov '13 raymond wade austin 1
News Lil Boosie's release date still unclear, but go... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Chrisshaw 3
More from around the web