eyewatcher

Lafayette, LA

#1 Aug 18, 2012
I was wondering ...can all inmates participate in the crafts and rodeos or is it just the less violent ones? Can the lifers participate? Are death row inmates kept separate? Are the inmates serving life sentences living separately from the general population or is everyone together? Can anyone answer my questions..I am just curious!!
rdr318

Bossier City, LA

#2 Aug 23, 2012
my brother is serving time there and no, not everyone gets to participate. only the less risk inmates. my brother, you could consider him a lifer, he doesnt get to do anything because he is locked up in his cell alone for 23 hrs a day. no, death row inmates are housed with the solitary cells, which those inmates are high risk, hence why they are with death row, my brother was there when he first got there 3 yrs go, been locked down for 8 total. not everyone can be housed together in one population. they have to keep them in their own units for the safety of the low risk. People serving life dont care about anyone if they know they wont ever leave there, not including my brother who still has a chance to get out. any other questions you have i will answer. hope this helped.
eyewatcher

Lafayette, LA

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Thanks for that reply and I am sorry to hear about your brother!! We went up there for the rodeo a few years back and are thinking about returning for the October rodeo. Anyway, we just sent someone to prison there and he was going to get the death penalty; but, he plea bargained by giving some info that the community and family needed. The warden said that he would be in solitary and only allowed outside twice a week for 20 mins each time and if it was raining then the time would be forfeited and not made up. In other words, the inmate would be out of luck and have to wait for his NEXT scheduled outdoor visit. I also wondered if these guys in solitary were allowed visitors? Do you have to be family? Are they permitted to get mail? I figured there will be Hate mail sent to him but who knows for sure. Anyway, how old is your brother? This guy was only 33 and had a terrific job and what appeared to be a good life. I appreciate you talking to me about this and hope to hear from you soon. Oh yea..I was wondering does the family have to send them money for anything or can they survive if they have no family or if the family disowns them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana State Penitentiary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lavergne complains of treatment in prison (Feb '13) Feb '16 Sugabell 12
Female recently fired from angola (Oct '13) Dec '15 Anonymous madam 2
News Low river level spurs push for boat launch (Jul '12) Oct '15 look here 331
News 10 for Today: Tuesday, June 9 (Jun '15) Jun '15 Xstain Fatwas Cen... 2
News a a If God can come down in human form, I can c... (Feb '15) Feb '15 True Christian wi... 5
Blogs written by inmates from the Angola prison... (Sep '09) Mar '14 country girl 25
turn of century inmate at angola (Nov '13) Nov '13 raymond wade austin 1
More from around the web