Killer's prison switch stirs anger

Killer's prison switch stirs anger

There are 3 comments on the Spartanburg Herald-Journal story from Dec 13, 2009, titled Killer's prison switch stirs anger. In it, Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports that:

Published: Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 3:15 a.m. Last Modified: Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 12:42 a.m. A Spartanburg man expressed outrage last week that his son's killer will be housed in a proposed voluntary faith/character-based dormitory at McCormick Correctional Institution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spartanburg Herald-Journal.

aunt of inmate

Charlotte, NC

#1 Dec 15, 2009
Give the inmates a chance.God can do any thing if you believe.Sometimes things happen different in every case. Sometimes the wrong person was convicted because of york county detectives and others not doing their job right. Sometimes they just grab the first person and pin them.Then you have a young man in for 30 years and his life is over.It hurts every day to live knowing this so please give them a chance they need this.
friend of inmate

Louisville, TN

#2 Nov 23, 2010
He is off the street! Regardless of our grief we do not get to make sure someone is suffering. Really! If we got to act on our grief wouldn't many of us become a muderer as well? Many individuals doing time had a valid reason for feeling the way they did before they committed their crime. Please don't think I'm condoning crime. It's just that humans have a tendecy to be human. Evil. Been a victim. It's not that you get over it, it's that you move on. You have to let God have it. All of it. I am one of many that has lost that blind, childlike faith in justice. I know too well how easy it is to put an innocent life away. Many behind bars are truly innocent, but they have been stripped of their voice. Be careful how you judge! It's not so easy when it comes back home!
Mother of Inmate

Florence, SC

#3 Aug 13, 2011
sometimes, accidents happen and people are charged with a crime because of things that have happened in the past. Its a shame that EVERYTHING we do can be held against us if an accident happens.....only GOD can jugde them, I can only LOVE him!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leath Correctional Institution Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
daughter (Jan '13) Jan '13 sallie 2
Tracey (Jan '13) Jan '13 sallie 1
News Agency Building Chapel At Sc Womena S Prison (Mar '10) Mar '10 St Lukes House 1
More from around the web