Killer's prison switch stirs anger

Dec 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spartanburg Herald-Journal

Published: Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 3:15 a.m. Last Modified: Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 12:42 a.m. A Spartanburg man expressed outrage last week that his son's killer will be housed in a proposed voluntary faith/character-based dormitory at McCormick Correctional Institution.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 13, 2011
aunt of inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

Give the inmates a chance.God can do any thing if you believe.Sometimes things happen different in every case. Sometimes the wrong person was convicted because of york county detectives and others not doing their job right. Sometimes they just grab the first person and pin them.Then you have a young man in for 30 years and his life is over.It hurts every day to live knowing this so please give them a chance they need this.
friend of inmate

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

He is off the street! Regardless of our grief we do not get to make sure someone is suffering. Really! If we got to act on our grief wouldn't many of us become a muderer as well? Many individuals doing time had a valid reason for feeling the way they did before they committed their crime. Please don't think I'm condoning crime. It's just that humans have a tendecy to be human. Evil. Been a victim. It's not that you get over it, it's that you move on. You have to let God have it. All of it. I am one of many that has lost that blind, childlike faith in justice. I know too well how easy it is to put an innocent life away. Many behind bars are truly innocent, but they have been stripped of their voice. Be careful how you judge! It's not so easy when it comes back home!
Mother of Inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

sometimes, accidents happen and people are charged with a crime because of things that have happened in the past. Its a shame that EVERYTHING we do can be held against us if an accident happens.....only GOD can jugde them, I can only LOVE him!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leath Correctional Institution Discussions

Search the Leath Correctional Institution Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
daughter (Jan '13) Jan '13 sallie 2
Tracey (Jan '13) Jan '13 sallie 1
Agency Building Chapel At Sc Womena S Prison (Mar '10) Mar '10 St Lukes House 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••