Clark Co. legislators object to priso...

Clark Co. legislators object to prison closing

There are 2 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Jan 22, 2010, titled Clark Co. legislators object to prison closing. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

State lawmakers from Clark County sent a letter to Gov. Chris Gregoire Thursday questioning her motives for closing the Larch Corrections Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

kolette

Seattle, WA

#1 Jan 27, 2010
I feel Gregoire is making decisions in an impractical way. I do beleive her reasoning is to make herself look good in the end regardless if it's the right choice to help our struggling economy. Who's best interest is her decisions really going to effect? Nothing she is doing makes any sense. I do agree that she has now pushed the timeline up so that it cannot be reversed and I say that only because of the irrational decisions she has made in the past. Hpoefully the people will see this and next election Gregoire will be out. She doesn't make decisions in the best interest of Washington and the people of Washington.
JCN

Vancouver, WA

#2 Feb 9, 2010
I feel like this is a big mess. Closing Larch is going to cost the community more in the long run. All the services that the inmates provide thorugh various work groups like CWC, DNR, and regular DOC employed inmates; the work that they do in the commmunity of Clark County as well as accross the State of Washington is wonderful. Fighting fires, replanting trees, cleaning the community, restoring parks, the list goes on and on. the inmates need to have these work camps, it provides a strong rehabilitation therapy to almost all of them that embrace the programs, and want to turn their lives around, and have some skills to become employed when they get released, taking Larch Correction Center from Clark County is a big mistake!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Larch Corrections Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loss of visiting (Feb '17) Feb '17 crmn 1
News Prisoners help themselves, feline friends get a... (Apr '12) Apr '12 jen 1
Larch Corrections Center closure bad choice (Sep '10) Sep '10 JCCN 1
News Treatment program benefits Larch inmates (Jan '09) Jan '09 Ahial 1
More from around the web