Delano CA: Guards fire rounds during ...

Delano CA: Guards fire rounds during fatal Kern Valley State Pr...

There are 34 comments on the The Real Cost of Prisons Weblog story from Mar 20, 2009, titled Delano CA: Guards fire rounds during fatal Kern Valley State Pr.... In it, The Real Cost of Prisons Weblog reports that:

CALIFORNIA BRIEFING Guards fire rounds during fatal Kern Valley State Prison riot March 20, 2009 LA Times DELANO Guards fire rounds during fatal prison riot Prison guards fired live rounds, pepper spray and rubber bullets to quell a riot at Kern Valley State Prison in which one inmate was stabbed to death and 17 others injured, state corrections ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Real Cost of Prisons Weblog.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MONA

Mesa, AZ

#1 Mar 22, 2009
MY HUSBAND IS IN B-YARD AND ITS NOT LIKELY THAT WE HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM AM REALLY WORRIED AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHATS GOING ON IF MY HUSBAND IS HURT SOMEONE WOULD LET ME KNOW RIGHT?
AMANDA

Clovis, CA

#2 Mar 22, 2009
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN GIRL. I KNOW 2 PEOPLE ON B YARD....GOT LETTERS JUST A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE THE RIOT...THEY SAID THEY ARE GIVING PEOPLE DOUBLE DIGITS(10+ years)FOR STUFF IN THERE RIGHT NOW....ITS EITHER THAT OR YOU KNOW.... BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION...IF YOUR HUSBAND HAS YOU DOWN ON HIS EMERGENCY CONTACT LIST THEN YES, SOMEONE SHOULD CONTACT YOU. OR YOU CAN CONTACT THEM
concerned mom

United States

#3 Mar 23, 2009
Hi Mona, My son is also on B yard and I was concerened when I didn't hear anything by Friday. I contaced records who put me through to his counselor. If the counselor doesn't call you back ask to speak to the lieutenant. I at least found out my son's name was not on the list of the injured. good luck
MONA wrote:
MY HUSBAND IS IN B-YARD AND ITS NOT LIKELY THAT WE HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM AM REALLY WORRIED AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHATS GOING ON IF MY HUSBAND IS HURT SOMEONE WOULD LET ME KNOW RIGHT?
concerned mom

United States

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Not sure why I came up from San Antonio, Texas. I live in the Central Valley
Myra

Bakersfield, CA

#5 Mar 24, 2009
Stupid gangs...wish they would stop
heyyou

United States

#6 Mar 25, 2009
All you sorry ass people should be embarass to say your son or husband is in jail.
delano

Shafter, CA

#7 Mar 27, 2009
south side delano
bettyloks

Redondo Beach, CA

#8 Apr 23, 2009
heyyou wrote:
All you sorry ass people should be embarass to say your son or husband is in jail.
u little bitch...why don't u show ur face u stupid...i bet u wouldnt say shit to any of our loved ones in prison....cuz ur ass will get dropped....bitch!!!!!!!! i sure as hell am NOT embarrassed that my brother is in jail. stupid ass bitch!!!!!!

“Mental patient!”

Since: Jun 07

Shafter, CA

#9 Apr 23, 2009
bettyloks wrote:
<quoted text> u little bitch...why don't u show ur face u stupid...i bet u wouldnt say shit to any of our loved ones in prison....cuz ur ass will get dropped....bitch!!!!!!!! i sure as hell am NOT embarrassed that my brother is in jail. stupid ass bitch!!!!!!
With your attitude, no wonder your brother is in jail. Half of your relatives have probably been locked up at one time or another; that's how Your Kind have family reunions...
Mrs_Whitaker

AOL

#10 Apr 25, 2009
MONA wrote:
My husband is also on B yard.... I have received mail from him however, yet this is still the first that I have heard of all of this. I am still worried due to the fact that my husband is in that prison.
delano man

Pomona, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2009
It sucks to be in prison, things like these riots are part of prison politics. I have seen this many times. But it is what you have to deal with if you end up in prison.
worried

United States

#12 May 26, 2009
a african american was stabbed a few hours ago on b yard
Tired

Bakersfield, CA

#13 May 29, 2009
heyyou wrote:
Thank you! The dumb azz's speak so casually of B-Yard, as if it is common nature. They are lock up and should suffer the consequences, whatever they may be.
Tired

Bakersfield, CA

#14 May 29, 2009
bettyloks wrote:
<quoted text> u little bitch...why don't u show ur face u stupid...i bet u wouldnt say shit to any of our loved ones in prison....cuz ur ass will get dropped....bitch!!!!!!!! i sure as hell am NOT embarrassed that my brother is in jail. stupid ass bitch!!!!!!
Think I will go have a fat steak after work then maybe watch a movie. Ahhhh, the life of a law abiding citizen. LOL!! dumb puto.
Concerned Mom

Mendota, CA

#15 May 30, 2009
heyyou wrote:
I'm not ashamed of my son. And although I love him with all my heart, I am disappointed with the choices he made and do feel that he deserves to be in prison. I truly believe that God has a way of humbling those that think like you and pray that you too won't find out one day that these things don't just happen to other people.
delano man

Pomona, CA

#16 Jun 8, 2009
Life itself can be dangerous. Just going out to the grocery store at night can be dangerous, especially all these youngsters shooting each other over stupid reasons. I say if they want to kill each other do it out in the country where you will not hurt innocent people!
Tired

Bakersfield, CA

#17 Jun 10, 2009
Mrs_Whitaker wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is also on B yard.... I have received mail from him however, yet this is still the first that I have heard of all of this. I am still worried due to the fact that my husband is in that prison.
Take out a huge insurance policy on the loser then get paid when the fool gets shanked up like a scene from American Me LOL!!!
compassion

Wiley Park, Australia

#18 Jul 26, 2009
I just want to say, these people made poor choices in their lives, but you know what, they are paying there debt to society by being incarcerated. Let's not forget that they are still human beings and that they slipped up once or twice. Not all people are bad and maybe the people that judge so harshly should take a good long look at themselves. Have some compassion for the family and friends who support their loved ones in prison, it's hard to imagen how difficult it must be for them, what they don't need is ignorant, small minded people like you judging them. I'm glad I don't live in America where your laws are unbelievable. In Australia I feel safe in knowing that I or my loved ones won't be imprisoned for petty crimes. Currently 22 million Americans are incarcerated, that is almost the intire population of my country Australia. Think about that for a while.
JACKIE

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2009
DEHUMANIZATION.....is the psychological process of demonizing the enemy, making them seem less than human and hence not worthy of human treatment.
This can lead to increased VIOLENCE, HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS, WAR CRIMES AND GENOCIDE.

DEHUMANIZE....to deprive of human qualities, as pity, kindness, individuality, or creativity, MAKE INHUMANE OR MACHINE LIKE.
cclz

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2009
I feel for all of you, especially those who think human life means nothing, I pray that you nor not one of your family members ever end up in juvenile, thats where it begins, then jail time, before you know it then prison. Regardless of it all, God created all of us, yes even you those without compassion for anyone else. I will soon have a son going to prison, for a 187, I don't condon his actions, but I keep telling myself, that God is the only one knows what will happen, for God Knew each and every one of us before we formed in our mothers womb, he knows, all the pimples on our face, freckles, scares, color of eyes, skin, etc. I have prayed that my son know Jesus as his one and only savior before he enters the gates of hell(prison)for God said if "you come to me all your family will be saved" God never said we would not have any problems, he said all of our family would be saved, which means all will recieve Jesus Christ and their Lord and Savior, and at the end will enter the pearly gates of heaven and you shall be able to see each and every one of your family members there. This should be enough get you through these tough times, which includes not being able to see your loved ones, or hearing ignorance being slammed all over. Feel free to cry out to the Lord, and ask him into your lives, just say Jesus I need you in my life come live in me and be my guide for the rest of my days. Yes, even you those whom feel no peace and hate on everything and everyone. GOD BLESS!
I really don't want to judge, cuz it aint my place, leave that to God,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kern Valley State Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riot Feb 8 Snakepit1 1
News No plea as suspect in 1982 cold-case homicide a... Jan 27 Birds Landing Bob 1
News 1 inmate dead, 16 injured in Delano prison riot (Apr '09) Jan 25 Lilwinner 88
Lockdown (Mar '15) May '15 sandra 6
kvsp (Apr '14) Nov '14 chenin81 2
News RIVERSIDE: Convicted rapist slain in his Kern C... (Sep '13) Sep '13 kimbie 1
News US: Prisoners Have No Choice But to Drink Arsen... (Feb '11) Apr '13 God forgives all 7
More from around the web