Lexington man loses appeal in death of pedophile priest

Sep 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader

The court found that 35-year-old Jason Anthony Russell failed to show that his mental issues were severe enough to stop him from filing an appeal by Oct.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2012
Nuts

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Wow the man gets 30 years for killing 1 scumbag but the priest got probation for ruining no telling how many lives.Absolutely amazing. Those boys and now men and I am sure they are very messed up in the head. Maybe he should be given a medal instead of prison.
thad hertz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

He should get a medal. The church sure does hate gays, but damn a lot of them seem to love little boys..
The worst part is most priests can come back when the heat dies down...
shameful

Harrisville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

When are we as a country going to stand up and protect our children? You rape or murder an adult you'll get more time than if you rape or murder a child. Especially if that child is your own. There is no justice for the littlest victims.
4REAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Pedophiles are everywhere, not just priest. They're In all churches, neighborhoods, & anywhere in society. In the 90's I reported one to the police. He ended up confessing to what he had done, spent a few weeks in jail, was on probation, & went to classes for a few months. Then set free in society to do as he pleases. This guy doesn't have to register as a sex offender. He lives where he wants, & does as he pleases.So I'm just saying watch your children, you never know when one might be your next door neighbor.
Power Ball Junkie

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

There is no justice in the world!!
4REAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Power Ball Junkie wrote:
There is no justice in the world!!
This is so true!
Nuts

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

4REAL wrote:
Pedophiles are everywhere, not just priest. They're In all churches, neighborhoods, & anywhere in society. In the 90's I reported one to the police. He ended up confessing to what he had done, spent a few weeks in jail, was on probation, & went to classes for a few months. Then set free in society to do as he pleases. This guy doesn't have to register as a sex offender. He lives where he wants, & does as he pleases.So I'm just saying watch your children, you never know when one might be your next door neighbor.
You are right they are not just priests, I just referred to the priest because this is what the article is about. I have lived next door to some of the sick bas*ards and was molested when I was young, not by a priest or family member but it was sheer hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kentucky State Penitentiary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timeline of events in fatal prison hunger strike Apr '14 Uh hello 1
Group of corrections officers lobbies for pay hike (Feb '14) Feb '14 Tim fritz 2
KSP Arrest's Lyon County Resident at Penitentiary (Apr '13) Aug '13 Awesome 5
KY inmate dies while waiting for execution (Nov '09) Jul '13 Just sayin 8
KY Penitentiary Gets Highest Accreditation Score (May '13) May '13 Concerned 1
Talk about Kentucky State Penitentiary (May '13) May '13 VSA 1
James Ray Cable (May '09) Oct '12 victimschild 7

Search the Kentucky State Penitentiary Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••