Information about Virginiaa s electri...

Information about Virginiaa s electric chair

There are 26 comments on the Journal Messenger story from Nov 17, 2009, titled Information about Virginiaa s electric chair. In it, Journal Messenger reports that:

Virginia inmate Larry Bill Elliott is scheduled to become the first Virginia inmate to die by electrocution since 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Messenger.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
these are people

Irving, TX

#21 Nov 24, 2009
Silent Bob7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that was an interesting article! How about the next to the last one, when it took so long for the guy's lethal injection that they gave him a bathroom break! Unbelieveable.
I agree with your point that we eat this stuff up, BTW.
All I can say is if I was witnessing the execution of some piece of human garbage who had been convicted of killing one of my family members and during the execution his head exploded in ball of fire, then I WOULD HIGH-FIVE THE EXECUTIONER afterward!
I don't agree with you Bob. I am sure I would be very angry if it were a family member that had been killed by the person and I would probably be saying I wanted him dead. However, when it came right down to it and especially if I were watching it, no, I would feel differently. Killing the other person is not going to bring a loved one back and if a person needs that to go forward, well, something if wrong with the person.

“God is a kid with an ant farm.”

Since: Oct 09

Gehenna

#22 Nov 25, 2009
these are people wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing the other person is not going to bring a loved one back and if a person needs that to go forward, well, something if wrong with the person.
Maybe so. But not seriously wrong, eh? I mean there is such a thing as justice. How can it be right that a scumbag gets to live(everyday above ground is a good day), when an innocent loved one is dead?

Since: Nov 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#23 Nov 25, 2009
Lillithmoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. But not seriously wrong, eh? I mean there is such a thing as justice. How can it be right that a scumbag gets to live(everyday above ground is a good day), when an innocent loved one is dead?
Consider the source of the previous post and you will see that your question is mute.

“a Jedi craves not these things”

Since: Sep 09

Rogers, AR

#24 Nov 25, 2009
these are people wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with you Bob. I am sure I would be very angry if it were a family member that had been killed by the person and I would probably be saying I wanted him dead. However, when it came right down to it and especially if I were watching it, no, I would feel differently. Killing the other person is not going to bring a loved one back and if a person needs that to go forward, well, something if wrong with the person.
I can understand your feelings about this and I honestly can't say for sure if I would really react the way I have imagined unless I have really been there. Life experience has taught me that in stressful & traumatic situations you may not react as you would have thought and this principal applies to you as well. Luckily I have never been in that situation and hopefully never will but each time I picture the scenario I come up with the same conclusion. Killing the murderer will not bring your loved one back and this is sound reasoning but the thought of him being allowed to continue on after the crime(s) seems even more unreasonable to me. I think the injustice of it would haunt me more than the murder of a murderer.

I thought about it and I do retract my comment that I would "high-five the executioner" for exploding the guys head with the E-chair, which would be an outlandish act. Perhaps a more solemn and discreet "Fonzie thumbs-up" would be more appropriate.
Tee

Madison, TN

#25 Jan 31, 2010
yeah, I know the name says it all. But before you all begin to bash me let's remember we are America. That's why we are humane, America was built on morals and values and also that little saying you heard as a child "2 wrongs don't make a right" Also if any of you are christians, which I myself am not very religious, however, doesn't god say we leave vengance to me?? We should not be blinded by our anger. We need to remember to be the 'bigger man' and let god deal with murders.

“Changed screen name 2 Stedenko”

Since: Nov 08

United States

#26 Jan 31, 2010
Tee wrote:
yeah, I know the name says it all. But before you all begin to bash me let's remember we are America. That's why we are humane, America was built on morals and values and also that little saying you heard as a child "2 wrongs don't make a right" Also if any of you are christians, which I myself am not very religious, however, doesn't god say we leave vengance to me?? We should not be blinded by our anger. We need to remember to be the 'bigger man' and let god deal with murders.
I'll have to admit that I'm too impatient to wait for God to deal with a criminal in their afterlife. If that's a weakness then so be it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensville Correctional Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. McDonnell pardons man wrongly convicted fo... (Nov '12) Sep '15 Martin garey 2
News Man freed from prison after serving four years ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Donkey Estonkey 1
News McDonnell says he won't stop Jackson execution (Aug '11) Aug '11 true 3
News Muslim inmate wins suit against govt (May '11) May '11 Joe DeCaro 1
News Muslim inmate wins religion case in Va. (May '11) May '11 Mountain 3
News Virginia inmate exonerated in two rapes to be f... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bengalandi 2
News Va. woman, out of options, nears execution (Sep '10) Sep '10 discount mens jacket 3
More from around the web