Federal prison in Pollock remains on lockdown

Jan 3, 2012 Full story: KSLA-TV Shreveport 141

The federal prison in Pollock remained on lockdown Tuesday, after several inmates were injured in a fight over the weekend.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Rosita

El Monte, CA

#1 Jan 6, 2012
This lockdown is on it's 6th day. I'm getting worried. Hopefully it will be lifted soon. My prayers go out to everyone. Just take it one day at a time and set your mind to be strong.
cheryl spencer

Kemp, TX

#2 Jan 8, 2012
Omg does anyone know whats goin on now how serious?
Rosita

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2012
WoW, so many days. Anyone got any new information?
Bucch

Arlington, TX

#4 Jan 11, 2012
Just got a letter from my son. He says the RUMORS are that they could be on lockdown for quite a while. Quite frankly, although it's tough on them, I would prefer he be on lockdown, it's safer.
Rosita

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2012
Bucch I guess you are right. The thing I don't like is that if they are in school, they get held back till lockdown is lifted. Work, their classes, everything on hold. I have not heard from my hubby at all, nothing, makes me wonder if he is ok. Or was he the trouble maker? Many things go through my head. I'm used to getting a letter daily, 7 emails daily, and 2 phone calls a day. Its been 11 days nothing! Anyone get new info plz post. Bucch thanks so much. God Bless u and your son, may he always be safe. I always keep my hubby in my prayers.
diana

Kuwait, Kuwait

#6 Jan 13, 2012
i've been worried sick about my boyfriend havent heard from him since the 30th. I had so much bad thoughts going through my mind, but i feel a bit better finding this post. Please keep me updated i have no other way of finding out whats going on cause i live over seas and it take up to a month to get mail if it even gets here. thank you.
lady chavez

Concord, CA

#7 Jan 14, 2012
diana wrote:
i've been worried sick about my boyfriend havent heard from him since the 30th. I had so much bad thoughts going through my mind, but i feel a bit better finding this post. Please keep me updated i have no other way of finding out whats going on cause i live over seas and it take up to a month to get mail if it even gets here. thank you.
Hi Diana, I received a letter from my boyfriend yesterday he says that the big brawl went down in his block, block B. We are hoping they will come off lock soon. Have you called the prison? To see if hes ok? Are you on your boyfriend's emergency contact list? Have you heard of " Prison Talk"? Its a website that helps people like us with loved ones inside stay connected. If you have any questions ill be more than happy to help with what I can. I certainly know how it feels to wonder and worry, that will never go away until my baby comes home. I have learned how and have found out how to stay connected to him thru outside resources just like this. I'm here if you need. Good luck and I hope your boyfriend is fine.
diana

Kuwait, Kuwait

#8 Jan 14, 2012
Lady Chavez thank you so much for your help i really appropriate it! I didnt know i could call the prison this is all new to me no i dont think im on his emergency contact list. I'll check out the website. Im clueless on whats going on and how to handle certain situations but i hope i'll get better at it because he has 4 years left. Thank you again so much for everything.
derrlesia

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2012
my boyfriend just made it on the unit on feb 13 th how long will it b before i hear from him r they able to receive mail and how does the phone system work do they call collect r do they have to by minutes we are so new to this thank GOD that he will only be there 5 months just wondering how long will they be on lockdown im all ready missing his voice can they use the computer while on lock sorry for all the questions just concerned
Rosita

United States

#10 Jan 14, 2012
So is anyone in the SHU? You all do know Pollock is for the BAD BOYS.
Bucch

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Jan 14, 2012
That's why I like it better when they are on lockdown. It is safer and I worry less!
Donna

Ashland, KY

#12 Jan 15, 2012
Thank you so much, I didn't know I could call the prison either. My Son Josh was not hurt, I pray for everyone in there.
Bucch

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Jan 15, 2012
Did they tell you he wasn't hurt? I knew you could call, but didn't know they would give out that information. It's good to know that.
derrlesia

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2012
were new to pollock my boyfriend only been there two day i was wondering how does the phone system work he was calling home collect at the hold over unit do they call out collect r does he have to buy minutes and how long is the lockdown can someone ANSWER ME PLEASE
lady chavez

United States

#15 Jan 15, 2012
derrlesia wrote:
were new to pollock my boyfriend only been there two day i was wondering how does the phone system work he was calling home collect at the hold over unit do they call out collect r does he have to buy minutes and how long is the lockdown can someone ANSWER ME PLEASE
Each inmate gets 300 minutes a month and they have to pay for them. The easiest way to do it is to put money on their books its just like the email they pay for them thru a computerized system. My boyfriend and I have a Google voice account that issued us a Pollock phone # so we get 20 calls for 18.00. The email computers charge 5.00 for 100 min. As far as the LOCKDOWN goes the warden is new to Pollock he's only been there a few months so I'm sure he's gonna make sure his point has been proven to the inmates and he wants to make sure HIS boss knows he's taking care of things. So... I have a feeling were gonna be on lock for a while longer. Things have been changed up quiet a bit since the new warden. I hope this helped and call the prison they will talk to you they're more helpful than some think and the truth is its doesn't hurt to ask even if you get shut down. The only thing that matters is your boyfriend and its your job to keep up as much as you can. The more YOU know the more you can do for the both of you. I'm here if you have questions or need more help. Good luck to both of you.
derrlesia

United States

#16 Jan 16, 2012
lady chavez wrote:
<quoted text>
Each inmate gets 300 minutes a month and they have to pay for them. The easiest way to do it is to put money on their books its just like the email they pay for them thru a computerized system. My boyfriend and I have a Google voice account that issued us a Pollock phone # so we get 20 calls for 18.00. The email computers charge 5.00 for 100 min. As far as the LOCKDOWN goes the warden is new to Pollock he's only been there a few months so I'm sure he's gonna make sure his point has been proven to the inmates and he wants to make sure HIS boss knows he's taking care of things. So... I have a feeling were gonna be on lock for a while longer. Things have been changed up quiet a bit since the new warden. I hope this helped and call the prison they will talk to you they're more helpful than some think and the truth is its doesn't hurt to ask even if you get shut down. The only thing that matters is your boyfriend and its your job to keep up as much as you can. The more YOU know the more you can do for the both of you. I'm here if you have questions or need more help. Good luck to both of you.
THANKS SO MUCH
Donna

Ashland, KY

#17 Jan 16, 2012
Well they said nobody was hurt and I took that to mean my son was not hurt, but I had my Mom call and they said the same thing then they told her they can't give any information out, so I guess I misunderstood. Not very nice people there. My son has only been there since December 27th. He is supposed to go to a halfway house in June. I pray for everyone there.
Rosita

El Monte, CA

#18 Jan 16, 2012
HalfWay House, why do people go there? I say stay in prison all the way. Finish it all there! As to the lockdown can u just imagine all those men fighting. All out of control. Bet the guards get scared. The fighting was upstairs and downstairs. All hell broke loose! So now it is Punishment to the Extreme!
Donna

Ashland, KY

#19 Jan 16, 2012
Oh I can't imagine, but what I think just makes me cry and stay up 24-7. I can't eat because I think he is not eating, I don't want to leave my bedroom because I know he is in a small place. I wish I could trade places with him. I would give my right arm to change things. What can I do?? Why not go to the halfway house?? I thought that was a good thing, he finishes up on 12-10-2012, should he just stay the whole time??
Bucch

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Jan 17, 2012
My son was on the phone speaking to his children when these fights broke out. He asked to speak to me real quick and explained he had to go because there were fights going on and they were about to get locked down. I could hear much noise in the background as well as the guards yelling lock down. He told me before they disconnected that it would probably be for a while and asked me to send books. Haven't heard anything since other than a letter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Federal Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Winchester man sentenced to 20 years in prison ... (Jan '14) Sep 11 pinky160 160
Inmate escapes from Pollock federal prisonInmat... Sep 11 WorriedMotherOfHi... 1
'Real Housewives of Atlanta' jail watch: Apollo... Sep 10 Really 1
Scott Walker asks for 120 day delay before repo... Sep 6 Godzilla 7
Antelope Valley Man Sentenced to Nearly 21 Year... Sep 5 madmom 1
Ex-chief Buffis pleads not guilty in federal court (Aug '13) Sep 1 Praxis33 11
Web Marketer Facing Prison Claims eBay Turned A... Aug 30 Philip Cohen 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Federal Prisons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••