Murder trial starts today in death of...

Murder trial starts today in death of cop shot 44 yrs. ago

There are 1 comment on the Philly.com story from May 10, 2010, titled Murder trial starts today in death of cop shot 44 yrs. ago. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Jury selection is scheduled to begin today in the strange case of William J. Barnes, who served time for shooting and paralyzing a Philadelphia police officer in 1966 and who was charged with murder after the officer died in 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

Moron Slayer

Warrington, PA

#1 May 10, 2010
Why is this guy being tried for something that happened 44 years ago? My understanding is that he already served time for his crime. This is just posturing by the DA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastern State Penitentiary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 10 Most Haunted Places in the United States (Jan '13) Jun '13 justin crowner 10
News Halloween hot spots from a prison to Gettysburg (Oct '12) Oct '12 Pink Eye 25
News Pennsylvania's State Archives running out of space (Aug '10) Aug '10 howiseezit 1
News Exclusive Video: New Ghost Adventures: Eastern ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Paranormal Realit... 1
News IgoUgo Editors Share Their Top 10 Favorite Pick... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Canada 1