toocurious

United States

#1 May 5, 2010
My friend was sent to Dwight April 14 and I have not heard from her. She did get 1 year, does anyone know about this 61day thing? She has never been to prison, only county. Does anyone know, or can u help me as to how she is being treated and her living conditions.
Latasha

Altamont, IL

#2 May 7, 2010
I was in dwight once. I actually just got out in 2008. She will be treated right as long as she shows the officers respect. As long as she goes by the rules and applys she should be fine. Now i aint gonna lie some of the officers are dicks but overall most of them r pretty cool. Depending on housing she could get moved onto grounds or transferred to another prison. if they are to full she will be kept in intake. All i can say is pray for her thats what she needs right now. I was 19 and pregnant when i was in prison and i did 8 1/2 months. I pray that everything goes well for her. Dont listen to the scarry stories you here because most of them arnt true. Good luck to you and your friend
toocurious

United States

#3 May 8, 2010
Thank You Latasha.
toocurious

United States

#4 May 17, 2010
Can anyone out there tell me what intake is like. My friend is still listed in R and C and she has been in Dwight over a month now. What are her living conditions like in RC. Even if they are done testing her and medical screening, is she in solitary confinement?
Arthur Green

Springfield, IL

#5 May 19, 2010
Intake is not really solitary,but it is they're housed 23 hours a day. They can only buy personals,no chips or anything like that. They get out for one hour a day to shower use the phone and stuff like that. It'll take a minute to hear from her.It took me a month and a half to hear from my wifey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwight Correctional Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Updated 9/29: Sliwinski to be released from pri... (Oct '08) Jan '14 non racist white ... 5
News Dwight Prison Inmates Moved Out (May '13) May '13 jennifer robertson 1
News Public comments open on Dwight prison (Mar '12) May '13 J Fox 7
News Illinois Supreme Court rules Quinn can close st... (Dec '12) Jan '13 KKK 6
Overcrowding at Dwight corr center (Apr '10) Aug '12 verla 5
Good time taken away from prisoners (Apr '10) Aug '12 MAR 3
News Save Dwight prison: Sign a petition (Feb '12) Aug '12 illinoisisbroke 10