A central Illinois woman convicted in...

A central Illinois woman convicted in the drowning deaths of her three children is free on parole.

There are 5 comments on the WLS-TV Chicago story from Sep 9, 2008, titled A central Illinois woman convicted in the drowning deaths of her three children is free on parole.. In it, WLS-TV Chicago reports that:

Illinois Department of Corrections spokesman Derek Schnapp says Amanda Hamm left the Dwight Correctional Center just after 9 a.m. Dwight is 55 miles northeast of Bloomington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-TV Chicago.

Cathy Jones

Shelbyville, IL

#1 Sep 9, 2008
Man I can't believe this. There are three little children dead, and the one of the murderer is out to LIVE her life. She didn't think about those innocent little babies, when she watched them roll into the lake. I was from Clinton, when this happened, I also know one of the fathers. Do you call this fare? Why doesnít she have to pay for her crime? I guess you can do murder in Dewitt County and not spend too much time in jail.
RetiredArmyNCO

Westwood, CA

#2 Sep 9, 2008
I donít understand why she and her boyfriend are still alive? They killed her children. Credit for time served and not even a full sentence? What message does this send?
You get more time for animal abuse. They should have hung both of them.
Cathy Jones

Shelbyville, IL

#3 Sep 10, 2008
RetiredArmyNCO wrote:
I donít understand why she and her boyfriend are still alive? They killed her children. Credit for time served and not even a full sentence? What message does this send?
You get more time for animal abuse. They should have hung both of them.
I lived in that town it happened in. I found a video her family made today. It was trying to blame her childhood, also that the town she lived in, didn't put her as a #1 citizen and talked about her, also that she just was looking for someone to love her. It made me sick. Yes she had to be mentally il, but I can't help the fact that three little innocent children are dead and she only got 5 years. I hope they don't let her have another child.
RetiredArmyNCO

Westwood, CA

#4 Sep 10, 2008
Cathy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in that town it happened in. I found a video her family made today. It was trying to blame her childhood, also that the town she lived in, didn't put her as a #1 citizen and talked about her, also that she just was looking for someone to love her. It made me sick. Yes she had to be mentally il, but I can't help the fact that three little innocent children are dead and she only got 5 years. I hope they don't let her have another child.
The blame always go to others instead of who committed the crime. It is sad that we have got here.
late term abortion

Green Bay, WI

#5 Sep 10, 2008
I think this was some of those very late term abortions that obama voted for.
we are teaching our young women that the life of a baby is of no value!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwight Correctional Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Updated 9/29: Sliwinski to be released from pri... (Oct '08) Jan '14 non racist white ... 5
News Dwight Prison Inmates Moved Out (May '13) May '13 jennifer robertson 1
News Public comments open on Dwight prison (Mar '12) May '13 J Fox 7
News Illinois Supreme Court rules Quinn can close st... (Dec '12) Jan '13 KKK 6
Overcrowding at Dwight corr center (Apr '10) Aug '12 verla 5
Good time taken away from prisoners (Apr '10) Aug '12 MAR 3
News Save Dwight prison: Sign a petition (Feb '12) Aug '12 illinoisisbroke 10
More from around the web