Dwight Prison Will Close August 31st

Dwight Prison Will Close August 31st

There are 10 comments on the WMBD-TV Peoria story from Jun 19, 2012, titled Dwight Prison Will Close August 31st. In it, WMBD-TV Peoria reports that:

The Dwight Correctional Center will be closing. WMBD 31 has obtained a memo that says the facility will be closing August 31st.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMBD-TV Peoria.

Calumet City, IL

#1 Jun 19, 2012
What are they going to do with all those inmates in less than 3 months? There is no space at Lincoln. Decatur doesn't have space. What they hell?
Concerned 2

Pekin, IL

#2 Jun 20, 2012
Concerned wrote:
What are they going to do with all those inmates in less than 3 months? There is no space at Lincoln. Decatur doesn't have space. What they hell?
They're going to switch Lincoln and Logan. Move the men to Lincoln and the women to Logan with the women from Dwight.

United States

#3 Jun 20, 2012
Just take line them up n start shooting them!!! Save some tax money :)

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2012
That's what u all get for voting that Bastard back in office he ain't done nothing but raise taxes n cut jobs. Illinoise is one of the poorest state. They don't want to help anyone past Chicago!!!!!
carissa dahlebrg

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2012
Hopefully the good time will come back and my mommy will be home I raise all 4 of my mothers children plus I have my own baby that 4 months and I'm olny 19 life is rough let me tell yah and it will be a relief to let her be released so please god be with me and my family

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2012
Guest wrote:
Just take line them up n start shooting them!!! Save some tax money :)
Well I hope no one in your family ever gets in trouble...because you would not like if someone said that...My son age 22 is in their for 11 months on drug charges...you may need to clarify who you want to shoot! Because I did not like your comment.
regina sanders

Berwyn, IL

#7 Jun 24, 2012
well i think they should build a prison in chicago
hjarry walker

United States

#9 Jun 28, 2012
The smart ass that said line then up a shoot then. Need to find love in is life. There are good people that made a bad choice that don't mean that then are bad person

United States

#10 Jun 30, 2012
Maxx prison was suppose to have the worst of the worst why is your son in there for drugs ? Maybe that's why its shutting down taking in any and everything and they got caught with there hand in the cookie jar!!!! Now you all r pissed off because it's closing. I'm all for capital punishment if u take a life than u should die. If we had it we wouldn't have to worry about closing prisons or over crowding!!!!!

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2012
Ppl. R complaining about Dwight being closed,fucking great...wat was the purpose 4 it?being open? Cause it differently wasn't 4 rehabilitation.Women came straight, fell n love one day,got married the next day....an would lose time if u even looked at there bi---!! No classes related 2 the job markets n the real world ....No SHIT THAT HAS ANY THING 2 DO WITH THE WORLD!!! DWIGHT WAS A HAVEN 4 DIKES, LESBIANS, PUSSY HUNTERS!!!PLEASE LETS NOT 4 GET THE GUARDS WIT NO LIVES,THE MEN WITH NO POWER @ HOME ...WOW HE B KING HERE....NOR THE WOMEN GUARDS WHOM R UNBELIEVABLE UGLY ...MAD CUZ THE PRISONER WOMEN SMOOTH, SUAVE SEXY,& SUPER THICK..SO THEY MAD..OH I DIDN'T 4 GET U FAKE ASS CLERGY PPL KNOCK IT OFF...NOW U N JAILU FOUND GOD..BI---- PLEASE WAT EVER U DID SOON AS U FREE GOD GONE RIGHT BACK OUT THE WINDOW...SO PLEASE SHUT THE FRONT DOOR...QUICKLY!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwight Correctional Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Updated 9/29: Sliwinski to be released from pri... (Oct '08) Jan '14 non racist white ... 5
News Dwight Prison Inmates Moved Out (May '13) May '13 jennifer robertson 1
News Public comments open on Dwight prison (Mar '12) May '13 J Fox 7
News Illinois Supreme Court rules Quinn can close st... (Dec '12) Jan '13 KKK 6
Overcrowding at Dwight corr center (Apr '10) Aug '12 verla 5
Good time taken away from prisoners (Apr '10) Aug '12 MAR 3
News Save Dwight prison: Sign a petition (Feb '12) Aug '12 illinoisisbroke 10