'Death at Dawson: Why is Texas' worst...

'Death at Dawson: Why is Texas' worst state jail still open?'

There are 23 comments on the Grits for Breakfast story from Mar 1, 2013, titled 'Death at Dawson: Why is Texas' worst state jail still open?'. In it, Grits for Breakfast reports that:

Emily DePrang at the Texas Observer says the question shouldn't be whether the Dawson State Jail in Dallas should be closed, but why in the world, given its shoddy record, the Texas Legislature would consider keeping the privately run prison unit open?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grits for Breakfast.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rita

Vandergrift, PA

#21 Jul 15, 2013
Raymond wrote:
Best jail ever!!
You must be one of those ASS!!! Wait a day that you may find yourself in a terrible jail/prison where your voice is not going to be heard.
JCs_ Mom

Odessa, TX

#22 Jul 26, 2013
Does anyone know where they will move the prisoners from Dawson Unit. I heard Woodson, but can't find anything on it. My daughter is at Woodson & would like to know.
JCs_ Mom

Odessa, TX

#23 Jul 26, 2013
Oops I mean't woodman unit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawson State Jail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dawson State Jail Intolerable Conditions (Nov '11) Jun '15 layde50 43
News HOPE for Inmates (Apr '12) Jul '13 Jess 10
dawson inmates (May '13) May '13 freebird 1
dawson state jail (Nov '10) May '13 Ronnie 18
did yr flat n dawson aka HELL (Sep '11) Apr '13 rebecca ford 4
News Heat builds with air-conditioning problems at D... (Jul '10) Apr '13 rebecca ford 10
News Which prison units should Texas close? Private ... (May '10) Apr '13 rebecca ford 11
More from around the web