Gervais, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

I am very concerned of the way the families are treated when they come to visit. I have been told that my young children are not allowed to wear snow pants when it is very cold out side when we are left with out shelter in the cold winter days of Oregon. Why are they affraid that an inmate can were a 4 yr old clothning. I went to visit today and one of the supervisors asked me to turn around so that he could see the color of my jeans ( I am not sure why he thought that the color of my jeans would change from the front of my legs to by back side.) After looking at my back side for at least 3 min he dicdied that the color was wron of course this was after I made it clear I knew he was looking at my back side and I did not appriciate it at all.
I believe that the guards at CCF has forgotton who pays there wages I believe that the tax payers pay their wages. Not all the guards there are rude but alot of them are. Maybe they need a class to teach them some common courtisy
long-timer

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

I have been going to visit at this facility for a yr. now and my patience was gone the 2nd month.They treat us familys like we are incarcerated.They want us to abide by the rules but each guard has a different rule each week.None of them follow the rules they give us.We are treated very poorly,not by every guard but every other.We are not the ones in there and we deserve respect .Dont they realize how hard it is on us already.I have had a corprol threaten my daughter in the visiting rm.when she came in because i asked him if we could go outside that day.He took it out on her and she knew nothing about it.I then went up and apoligized and said i meant no disrespect so as to make sure he did not take anymore out on my daughter and he proceeded to yell at me and humiliate me in front of everyone.I am a 51 yr.old woman and never felt so humiliated and scared in my life.I was livid for weeks and wanted to turn him in but was afraid for my daughters sake.Alot goes on in there with treatment of the inmates .They are there serveing a sentence that is there punishment,but they should not be treated like a dog,they are treated inhumanely.It all depends on there charge how they are treated which is very unfair.I have several stories like this and want to do something.I feel sorry for these inmates ,yes they did wrong,but they got there sentence they lost everything and will be there fore who knows how long?Who are these guards, nurses whomever to judge or mistreat them even more?Something has to be done.This was not even a prison.It was for intake ,they have nothing there compared to any other prison anywhere.they dont even have a real yard to go out in.The mens prison gets way more ,any prision except coffee creek,its so different.There is so much i know and have seen i know i must do something for these inmates,i have corrasponded with many and have given so much respect and have seen very,very, little and they should not be aloud to treat us let alone these girls this way,someone needs to do something!!!! I have talked with several other visitors who have approached me and told me there stories of mistreatment and such.They dont even want to visit but have no choice because of loved one.We need help!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coffee Creek Correctional Facility Discussions

Search the Coffee Creek Correctional Facility Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Liysa Northon, featured in Ann Rule's 'Heart Fu... (Oct '12) Apr 2 Bill 3
Inmate (Oct '09) Mar 25 courtney 17
Coffee Creek staff foil woman's attempted escap... Mar '14 ilovebadgirls 1
Can books be sent during intake? (Jun '13) Jun '13 dozulu 1
Lopez An Walters (May '13) May '13 Holly 1
any body wanna talk (Sep '09) May '13 Holly 2
Coffee Creek: a view from behind the walls (Jan '10) Nov '12 BeenThere 4
•••
•••