sparkys wife

Cincinnati, OH

#1 May 8, 2011
There is a huge need for inmates and there spouses for counseling. The men in prison have a hard time connecting with emotions and commuincating with there spouses. In prison they are taught, not to show any emotion and this is a real problem when they try to relate in a relationship. prison marriages have the highest divorce rates, and the lowest chance for survival once the man is paroled,because the men incarcerated don't know how to communicate.
My husband is incarcerated at CCI and we've been together for six years now,and we keep our marriage going with letters,visits,and honest communication. So my question is how do other couples keep there relationships going? And how has the incarceration affected
your relationships?
Mitchell wife

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 10, 2011
I know I keep the FAITH that GOD is going to open those doors and my Husband is going to walk right out. With GOD all thing are possible we have a strong relationship and I'm honest to him.Let put it like this Letters,Visit,Phone call And most of all Keep the FAITH.I have been with my Husband for 33 yrs and he been in CCI that long.We have a very strong relationship
sparkys wife

Dayton, OH

#3 Jun 11, 2011
Mitchell wife wrote:
I know I keep the FAITH that GOD is going to open those doors and my Husband is going to walk right out. With GOD all thing are possible we have a strong relationship and I'm honest to him.Let put it like this Letters,Visit,Phone call And most of all Keep the FAITH.I have been with my Husband for 33 yrs and he been in CCI that long.We have a very strong relationship
Dear Mitchell I can relate to you, I've been with my husband going on seven years. And it's been rough,But with God all things are possible, my faith has been tested and so has our marriage. But since his parole board hearing a year ago, things have been rocky and he's so angry and I fear his anger is going to get tear our marriage apart,But I know that God will see us through. Sparkys
Wife
Dannysgirl

Roundhead, OH

#4 May 7, 2012
Maybe you can help... he's not my husband yet, and I don't want to lose him, but I am scared. He's been there before and he's coming back and I don't know what to expect. What are the rules for visitation? How often can I go? How long are visits? Is it still the whole 'talking on a phone through bullet proof glass' thing? How safe is visiting? How is prison different from a jail? How do you deal with what others say? Do you really think once they are released that a relationship can survive? I'm sorry- I am in freak out mode and need some guidance. Thanks for your help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Correctional Institution Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CCI officer arrested, charged with statutory ra... (Aug '12) Jun '17 jelly 99
News Convicted rapist charged in 1987 Richmond rape May '17 Daren Meddock 1
Are sex offenders really at the low end of the ... (Nov '13) Dec '14 law abider 2
News Leadership Changes at RCI & CCI (Feb '12) Dec '14 law abider 19
Old Law inmate. (Sep '14) Sep '14 Charleston 2
old law parole board. (Sep '09) May '14 JOANNE MARTIN 17
News Gallia man granted judical release into SEPTA p... (Nov '12) Mar '14 right 8
More from around the web