Lexington Corrections Gets New Warden

Lexington Corrections Gets New Warden

There are 5 comments on the Kypost.Com story from Jul 8, 2008, titled Lexington Corrections Gets New Warden. In it, Kypost.Com reports that:

Alex Day Al Parke, of the Kentucky Department of Corrections , appointed Robert Howerton as the new warden of the Blackburn Correctional Complex in Lexington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kypost.Com.

Cuffed

West Liberty, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2008
Another part of the political machine that keeps hard working people from being promoted into positions they deserve. Mr. Howerton was hired into a position at Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex as Deputy Warden Just because he was Pals with Al Parke. Parke still had the connections while in Indiana to make this happen as well as getting himself back to KY as Deputy Comissioner. Howerton never even had enough time to be vested in the state retirement system until he was Warden. Others have worked years to achieve this. Oh yea, He was at EKCC long enough to get hooked up with the Wardens Secretary and cause a divorce. Wow what a drunken catch he is.
night shift

West Liberty, KY

#2 Sep 17, 2008
At least he is 80 miles closer to Indiana than he was.
Shake Down

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Oct 10, 2008
Cuffed wrote:
Another part of the political machine that keeps hard working people from being promoted into positions they deserve. Mr. Howerton was hired into a position at Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex as Deputy Warden Just because he was Pals with Al Parke. Parke still had the connections while in Indiana to make this happen as well as getting himself back to KY as Deputy Comissioner. Howerton never even had enough time to be vested in the state retirement system until he was Warden. Others have worked years to achieve this. Oh yea, He was at EKCC long enough to get hooked up with the Wardens Secretary and cause a divorce. Wow what a drunken catch he is.
Are you serious? Are you jealous because your knees are more calloused than his from all those years of diligent crawling for a promotion, as opposed to his promotion fresh off the press? Get over it! It happens! The man is personable, intelligent, and as experienced as you, Cuffed. So he's a Hoosier. Big Deal. Maybe you can't understand his intellectual verbiage; maybe that's why you don't seem to like the man.
Too Late

West Liberty, KY

#4 Oct 10, 2008
I hear he used to be a heck of a football player. He can tackle me any day! LOL. I just wished he would of hired me before he left!
walkin boss

Richmond, KY

#7 Jul 26, 2009
You sound envious to me, I am sure I know who you are, you are a big POS anyway

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackburn Correctional Complex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visiting schedule for the holiday?? (Dec '16) Dec '16 Just wondering 1
News Two Inmates Escaped from Blackburn Correctional... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Someone 1
New at this (Apr '15) Apr '15 mel 1
News Female prison employee pleads not guilty to cha... (Dec '13) Dec '13 rita 6
News 2 men who escaped from Blackburn caught (Feb '13) Mar '13 Stupid Inmate 2
inmate visits (Feb '11) Oct '12 curious 3
How is it being at blackburn? (Oct '12) Oct '12 curious 1
More from around the web