NY: Prisoners to staff DMV call center at Greene

Jan 13, 2012 Full story: The Real Cost of Prisons Weblog

Participating offenders are paid standard hourly correctional industry wages that range from 46 cents to $1.14 per hour based on experience level and title." COXSACKIE, N.Y. - Convicts at the Greene Correctional Facility, a medium security prison in Coxsackie, are now taking calls for New York State Department of Motor Vehicles in a call center ... (more)

Full Story
Evette Ross

United States

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Hi my sister is currently in Bedford Hills Corr. Facility, are they also doing the same program?
Deann

West Babylon, NY

#2 Apr 7, 2012
This is nothing new. Inmates have been staffing the NYS DMV caller information line for decades. They used to have the call centers at Bayview Correctional Facility (women) in NYC and a NYS Correctional Facility for men in Staten Island. They moved the call centers now to Maximum facilities because the inmates are there longer so they'll work longer --- in other words, they'll save on training since you'll have inmates working there for years as opposed to a year or two
Deann

West Babylon, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2012
Evette Ross wrote:
Hi my sister is currently in Bedford Hills Corr. Facility, are they also doing the same program?
I heard they are putting it in Beford for the women, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedford Hills Correctional Facility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20 years later, Pamela Smart still insists she ... (Feb '10) Feb '14 cant say 17
Rosalie Cutting (Jun '10) Dec '13 Dsj 4
Brigitte Harris Will Be Freed on Parole (May '12) Sep '13 Angela 4
Facility Conditions (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mr Ricardo R Ross 1
Pamela Smart (Apr '12) Sep '12 ken gray 2
Joan Gelman: Judy Clark Is An Inmate. She's Als... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ken Gray 1
Pamela Smart (Dec '11) Dec '11 ken gray 1

Bedford Hills Correctional Facility People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE