3 former educators vie for EPISD board seats

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

The cheating scandal that has shaken the El Paso Independent School District and brought national attention to the problems of meeting federal standards prompted three former educators to run for the school board, promising change, credibility and integrity.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Go to the grave yard, pick three names off the markers, vote them in as trustees for EPISD in the next election and you will get better representation than you have with the current board.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 22, 2013
What I want them to do is get with Senator Rodriquez and have a bill passed that would allow the people of any school district recall their representative if necessary.
I will back any person who will force the board to change it's tactics and allow the press more access to the running of the EPISD.
I will back any person who decides to run on the basis of getting rid of the legal adviser who failed to properly instruct the school board of it's legal duties.
Brenda

El Paso, TX

#3 Feb 22, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
What I want them to do is get with Senator Rodriquez and have a bill passed that would allow the people of any school district recall their representative if necessary.
I will back any person who will force the board to change it's tactics and allow the press more access to the running of the EPISD.
I will back any person who decides to run on the basis of getting rid of the legal adviser who failed to properly instruct the school board of it's legal duties.
Capetto's is going t9o reopen in Kern Place. This is wonderful news, not only for fans of Italian food, but also for downtown revitalization. Many people have very fond memories of eating there.
DC Dave

El Monte, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Capetto's is going t9o reopen in Kern Place. This is wonderful news, not only for fans of Italian food, but also for downtown revitalization. Many people have very fond memories of eating there.
Your fat azz doesn't need capettos. I wonder if that crook bastard is going to refund all the outstanding gift cards he made money on - selling them even after he knew that he was closing.
DC Dave

El Monte, CA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
These morons should be locked up right along side fat azz cry baby Manny barraza.
Food

El Paso, TX

#6 Feb 22, 2013
I hope the cooking and service will be improved. Not to be mean, but the food was terrible and over priced for the quality. The decor was also bad.

I know some of you love the place but it was not a quality restrauant. There are only a couple places in town that serve excellent food , great service and have a pleasant enviroment.
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 22, 2013
Food wrote:
I hope the cooking and service will be improved. Not to be mean, but the food was terrible and over priced for the quality. The decor was also bad.
I know some of you love the place but it was not a quality restrauant. There are only a couple places in town that serve excellent food , great service and have a pleasant enviroment.
I agree with you. Every time I ate there, I ended up with either the runs, terrible gas, diarrhea or all three. I think they put something spicy in the sauce which doesn't agree with me. I'm willing to try it again, but this time I might stick with the bruschetta or something light.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Larry Grover,Food,DC Dave,and Brenda. There is no story on this thread except for the School board. Are all of you guys that dim witted.
Kenny

El Paso, TX

#9 Feb 22, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
Larry Grover,Food,DC Dave,and Brenda. There is no story on this thread except for the School board. Are all of you guys that dim witted.
I like talking about food and restaurants - what's wrong with it? Are you a vegetarian or something?
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
I like talking about food and restaurants - what's wrong with it? Are you a vegetarian or something?
Then go out to the pasture and feed there. I am sure that all the people you associate with are there. Cow, Goat, pigs, sheep.

Try talking about what is really important to the students of the El Paso Independent School district. Their Education should be more important than you belly. We need good people on the board not a bunch of stupid cowards afraid of their shadows.
Kenny

El Paso, TX

#11 Feb 23, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Then go out to the pasture and feed there. I am sure that all the people you associate with are there. Cow, Goat, pigs, sheep.
Try talking about what is really important to the students of the El Paso Independent School district. Their Education should be more important than you belly. We need good people on the board not a bunch of stupid cowards afraid of their shadows.
Point taken. I guess my main concern with the new board would be their approach to nutrition for the students. Will they ensure that high fiber, low fat meals are available, even to students who can't afford them? It's unfair for the rich kids to get good meals while the poor kids have to eat baloney and peanut butter.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#12 Feb 23, 2013
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken. I guess my main concern with the new board would be their approach to nutrition for the students. Will they ensure that high fiber, low fat meals are available, even to students who can't afford them? It's unfair for the rich kids to get good meals while the poor kids have to eat baloney and peanut butter.
While their lunches are a concern the US Government dictates what can and cannot be used for food and when. all the schools are supposed to have the same food in the elementary and middle schools. But it is their classroom structure and academics that is more important. Are the teachers going to teach just to the test for those students who are required to take them or are they going to really teach the students what is necessary for their life? Is the board going to actually admit they were wrong in their actions and resign? Or are they going to pretend their actions never happened?
Kenny

El Paso, TX

#13 Feb 23, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>While their lunches are a concern the US Government dictates what can and cannot be used for food and when. all the schools are supposed to have the same food in the elementary and middle schools. But it is their classroom structure and academics that is more important. Are the teachers going to teach just to the test for those students who are required to take them or are they going to really teach the students what is necessary for their life? Is the board going to actually admit they were wrong in their actions and resign? Or are they going to pretend their actions never happened?
I don't disagree with what you say but a student can't learn anything when they are hungry. The mind wanders, focus is shifting and even the best teacher can't do their job while stomachs are growling. I know the government sets the menu, which is another example of the tyranny we are exposed to, but at least the local school can hire competent chefs who can make the food tasty and appealing. If not, then the whole school system will go to hell.
What

El Paso, TX

#14 Feb 23, 2013
DC Dave wrote:
These morons should be locked up right along side fat azz cry baby Manny barraza.
your full of crap, Manny did alot of good for this community.
DC Dave

United States

#15 Feb 23, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
your full of crap, Manny did alot of good for this community.
Sure he did and that's why his fat azz is in jail. His azz was so fat that he had to scare vulnerable women into having sex with him. And now his fat azz is getting violated every weekend by Bubba Smith. Send him some flowers or candy you bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands of Abu Ghraib photos set for release 15 min Asian Guy 43
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 31 min Truth 1,723
Video: We deserve respect - " Gay men in Ghana 1 hr NE Jade 11
Libyan armed faction takes over U.S. Embassy an... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 12
Eight candidates running for two magistrate jud... 3 hr Amazed 12
Mexican Priest Arrested For Murder Of Child Lover 4 hr ronnie 1
Ex-Hocking County police chief pleads guilty to... 5 hr why 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••