Teacher in Egypt Sentenced for 'Defaming' Islam

Jun 12, 2013 Full story: KKLA-FM Glendale 49

A judge in Upper Egypt found a Christian teacher guilty of defaming Islam and levied a massive fine against her after prohibiting her lawyers from presenting a single witness during the trial.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
American girl

Wolcott, CT

#1 Jun 12, 2013
The justice of islam.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 12, 2013
American girl wrote:
The justice of islam.
Yes justice in order to not allow anybody repeat the action again

if someone defame jesus ,he will get a punishment too

non-muslims should learn to respect the religion of country as for muslims in west respect western law
trk

Ethiopia

#3 Jun 12, 2013
Islamist has to be removed from power, else it is going to be domes day for Egypt forever. They are moving against art and cultural institutions, revising Egypt's past records etc. They will call for the demolition of the pyramids and the statues of your proud history tomorrow. Egypt, rise up in unison and drive these Islamic dictators/terrorists back to their madrassa!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Jun 12, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes justice in order to not allow anybody repeat the action again
if someone defame jesus ,he will get a punishment too
non-muslims should learn to respect the religion of country as for muslims in west respect western law
And this is why religion is dangerous, it inspires intolerance and insanities.

You do realise that Islam is just the word of one man don't you?
It's irrational to believe the word of just one man.
Simon

UK

#5 Jun 12, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes justice in order to not allow anybody repeat the action again
if someone defame jesus ,he will get a punishment too
non-muslims should learn to respect the religion of country as for muslims in west respect western law
We read almost on a daily bases about people being punished for 'defaming' muhammad by comparison how many people have been punished for insulting christ?

Btw many muslims in western countries constantly denigrate the bible, jesus and paul and all other religions but none has ever been punished for that.
Simon

UK

#6 Jun 12, 2013
and what kind of trials are they when the defendant is not allowed to produce a single witness to state their case?

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Jun 12, 2013
trk wrote:
Islamist has to be removed from power, else it is going to be domes day for Egypt forever. They are moving against art and cultural institutions, revising Egypt's past records etc. They will call for the demolition of the pyramids and the statues of your proud history tomorrow. Egypt, rise up in unison and drive these Islamic dictators/terrorists back to their madrassa!
you should shut your @n*s and stop barking

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 12, 2013
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>
We read almost on a daily bases about people being punished for 'defaming' muhammad by comparison how many people have been punished for insulting christ?
Btw many muslims in western countries constantly denigrate the bible, jesus and paul and all other religions but none has ever been punished for that.
In egypt, a law was put regarding the abuse of all religions not only islam

Egypt is not your west ( where religion is forgotten and lost, your societies lost religion and became worst at morals and manners)

No one insult christ in egypt, nor christian priests

No one insult yahwah or jewish prophets

No one even insult budda or hindu gods

Muslims not abusers, muslims respect the other religions

thats the difference between muslim and non-muslim

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Jun 12, 2013
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>
We read almost on a daily bases about people being punished for 'defaming' muhammad by comparison how many people have been punished for insulting christ?
Btw many muslims in western countries constantly denigrate the bible, jesus and paul and all other religions but none has ever been punished for that.
Debate on bible/koran...religions generally its not an insult, muslims show their view as some christians show their view regarding islam

You almost find christians are bashers at any dialoug too because they are weak

In Your uk, If someone tried to insult royal family or queen, he will be jailed....this is uk law

In egypt, if someone insult religious symbols, he will face punishment by jail

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Jun 12, 2013
According to you:

Freedom of speech means" insult and abuse muslims"

right?

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11 Jun 12, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is why religion is dangerous, it inspires intolerance and insanities.
You do realise that Islam is just the word of one man don't you?
It's irrational to believe the word of just one man.
Mr.atheism: Religion not dangerous, you just biased and dishonest

Ever heard of something called " respect others", i think this principle not work with you sick guys
Proud American

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jun 12, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.atheism: Religion not dangerous, you just biased and dishonest
Ever heard of something called " respect others", i think this principle not work with you sick guys
Your country has turned to sh*t. Way to go Islamic nuts.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Jun 12, 2013
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
Your country has turned to sh*t. Way to go Islamic nuts.
when you anti-islamic hateful people say" our country turn to sht"

well, thats compliment

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#14 Jun 12, 2013
trk wrote:
Islamist has to be removed from power, else it is going to be domes day for Egypt forever. They are moving against art and cultural institutions, revising Egypt's past records etc. They will call for the demolition of the pyramids and the statues of your proud history tomorrow. Egypt, rise up in unison and drive these Islamic dictators/terrorists back to their madrassa!
Well said!

Unfortunately as long as there are majority muslims in that sad god forsaken country it will continue to fail.
well

Hamilton, Canada

#16 Jun 12, 2013
American girl wrote:
The justice of islam.
Islam and justice have gone separate ways long time ago.
trk

Ethiopia

#18 Jun 12, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>Algerianooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Alhamdo li Allah ana bekheer
koulom yahoud wa massih wa shi3a
i swear to step on thier faces all
Rani Hna
allhamdoliallah :)

your rite bro
A typical terrorist! You will see you will go and beg those Yahood, Massih and Shia for food in no time unless you do something about the terrorist Islami Brotherhood.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#19 Jun 12, 2013
AH haha...I see the mods have been busy deleting the TommyTroll who gets off on making obscene posts.

He must have gotten lose from his straitjacket!
trk

Ethiopia

#20 Jun 12, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Unfortunately as long as there are majority muslims in that sad god forsaken country it will continue to fail.
Blunders are not new in Egyptian history! Khedive Ismail borrowed to much money from Britain but failed to settle it. In the end Egypt ended up being a British colony. Similarly they might be calling for their final slavery!!! I hope Israel won't mind handling them!

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#21 Jun 12, 2013
trk wrote:
<quoted text>Blunders are not new in Egyptian history! Khedive Ismail borrowed to much money from Britain but failed to settle it. In the end Egypt ended up being a British colony. Similarly they might be calling for their final slavery!!! I hope Israel won't mind handling them!
We'll see..the entire Muslim/Arab world revels in conflict and upheaval, it never ends with them unless they are held down by a brutal dictator. They do not know what to do with real freedom, corruption is in their DNA.

:p
Simon

UK

#22 Jun 12, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
According to you:
Freedom of speech means" insult and abuse muslims"
right?
To my knowledge none has been jailed for insulting or speaking against the royal family. Remember that in sharia you do not have to insult muhammad to be jailed or killed, it is enough to say that you do not believe that he was a prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US generals call on Obama to end 'torture' (Dec '08) 5 min Swedenforever 11
Most dangerous cities in the United States in 2... 1 hr Elise Gingerich 1
Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigat... (Apr '10) 3 hr Real Gem 342
U.S. arms won't help Ukraine 4 hr tarmo 49
Columbus man pleads guilty in human trafficking (Mar '14) 5 hr LuzAranda 17
Final guilty plea in Mt. Laurel case 7 hr Melissa 20
Prison policies vary on treating transgender in... 11 hr TerryE 1

Prison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE