Sun Valley Jehovaha s Witness church usher pleads no contest to sex acts with underage boys

Sep 12, 2013 Full story: LA Daily News 189

VAN NUYS >> A man who was an usher at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Sun Valley pleaded no contest Thursday to sex-related counts involving three boys he met there.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1 Sep 12, 2013
A man who was an usher at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Sun Valley pleaded no contest Thursday to sex-related counts involving three boys he met there.

Marcelo Lozano, 34, of Sun Valley, pleaded no contest to two counts of continuous sexual abuse and one count of oral copulation of a person under 14.

He is facing 30 years in state prison when he is sentenced Oct. 8 by Van Nuys Superior Court Judge Leslie Dunn.

Lozano is also expected to be ordered to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life following his release from prison.

Lozano met the boys — who were 8 to 11 at the time — through the Jehovahs Witnesses Sun Valley Spanish Congregation, where he was an usher, according to Deputy District Attorney Rena Durrant.

He was arrested July 29 by the Los Angeles Police Department’s North Hollywood Division and has remained jailed since then.

The crimes happened between Jan. 1, 2006, and June 30, 2013.

Some of the crimes occurred at Lozano’s home in North Hollywood, where he lived at the time, along with other locations, according to the prosecutor.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 12, 2013
hMMMMM wrote:
A man who was an usher at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Sun Valley pleaded no contest Thursday to sex-related counts involving three boys he met there.
Marcelo Lozano, 34, of Sun Valley, pleaded no contest to two counts of continuous sexual abuse and one count of oral copulation of a person under 14.
He is facing 30 years in state prison when he is sentenced Oct. 8 by Van Nuys Superior Court Judge Leslie Dunn.
Lozano is also expected to be ordered to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life following his release from prison.
Lozano met the boys — who were 8 to 11 at the time — through the Jehovahs Witnesses Sun Valley Spanish Congregation, where he was an usher, according to Deputy District Attorney Rena Durrant.
He was arrested July 29 by the Los Angeles Police Department’s North Hollywood Division and has remained jailed since then.
The crimes happened between Jan. 1, 2006, and June 30, 2013.
Some of the crimes occurred at Lozano’s home in North Hollywood, where he lived at the time, along with other locations, according to the prosecutor.
so much for the so called new policy that diagenes raved about, asking continually name one sex crime committed after the the so called new policy of the late 1990's
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#3 Sep 13, 2013
Another "Witness to the World" of what a bunch of perverts not only hang out in the Jehovah's Witnesses, but how perverted the very tenet of the cult are, that no changes are made and the victims are vilified by Jehovah's Witnesses and the sexual predators of children are embraced and defended by the congregation.

What kind of moronic parent would ever purposely expose their children to such a sick and twisted philosophy???
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#6 Sep 13, 2013
array wrote:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u /0/?hl=en&shva=1#inbox/141 120b1caaa585f
doesn't say when he became a JW before he was caught or after, if he becAme A JW before being caught then giving himself up would have been the Christian thing to do.
Jehovah's Witness children are programmed that "jehovah" only loves submissive children who behave like sheep and never question adult male Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is a perfect storm for any criminal who is a sexual predator of children.

The cult always needs men, and they groom children to be victims, then blame those same children for the crime committed against them, and defend the sick, perverted criminal male Jehovah's Witness as just being 'human"

It is a sick and evil cult.
No child is safe in any Kingdumb Hall.
diogenes

Dallas, TX

#7 Sep 13, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>so much for the so called new policy that diagenes raved about, asking continually name one sex crime committed after the the so called new policy of the late 1990's
As usual you grossly misrepresent what I said. I asked for an example of someone that was molested by someone KNOWN TO BE A MOLESTER to the elders (after the new policy was established in 1997).

There is no such thing as a policy (or law) that prevents the crime of child molestation. If there were, all states would adopt it and it and the crime of child molestation would be completely eradicated.

In this particular case, it WAS THE ELDERS that turned him in to the police. Please note what the news report said:

"Elders of the church came forward with information that led to Lozano's arrest"

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/2013073...
Lady Chucklesby

London, UK

#8 Sep 13, 2013
What is an "usher" anyway? I have never heard of any such appointment among Jehovah's Witnesses. That makes me question everything else that is reported about the case.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#9 Sep 13, 2013
diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you grossly misrepresent what I said. I asked for an example of someone that was molested by someone KNOWN TO BE A MOLESTER to the elders (after the new policy was established in 1997).
There is no such thing as a policy (or law) that prevents the crime of child molestation. If there were, all states would adopt it and it and the crime of child molestation would be completely eradicated.
In this particular case, it WAS THE ELDERS that turned him in to the police. Please note what the news report said:
"Elders of the church came forward with information that led to Lozano's arrest"
So if you know that some, if not many, male Jehovah's Witnesses may have a predilection for assaulting children, why does the WBTS continue to program children to be victims, demanding day in and day out they be "sheep" and never question adult male Jehovah's Witnesses???

You admit that the policies of the WBTS directly put children in harm's way by not teaching them that not ALL Jehovah's Witnesses are "God's people", that some of them may want to do them harm???
That by NOT teaching children this, they are contributing to the crimes???
That by indoctrinating them ONLY "worldly" people will assault them, that they are doing a grave disservice to every and all children of the Jehovah's Witness cult!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 13, 2013
Lady Chucklesby wrote:
What is an "usher" anyway? I have never heard of any such appointment among Jehovah's Witnesses. That makes me question everything else that is reported about the case.
The JWs use terminology for their church leaders that is different and not familiar to the general public, LC. For example the JWs call their deacons, minister-servants. Since the newspaper was written for the general public, the reporter used the term "usher" to describe the duties the accused performed in the JW church.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 13, 2013
diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
as usual really!as usual you imply I usually misrepresent what you say, YOU said name one molestation since the new policy well here it is!!
Diogenes

Dallas, TX

#12 Sep 13, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>as usual really!as usual you imply I usually misrepresent what you say, YOU said name one molestation since the new policy well here it is!!
Liar

Location hidden

#13 Sep 13, 2013
Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
we will see, I will hunt for those posts you said it a few times, you may have said this once but YOU SAID name one child molestation since the new policy, lets see.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 13, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...
post 45
Now pay attention to this carefully marvin. The challenge is to find 5 cases against the WT alleging that a known molester hurt their child (since 1997). If the challenge is met, then that is a strong indication that the policy needs a major overhauling. So far we have ZERO.

Here we are two weeks into this fact finding mission and no one has brought forth a single case where the current policy (since 1997) failed to protect a child. That is to say where a known child molester hurt a 2nd child.

If you feel the two witness rule is inadequate, please post for us an instance where this has failed a child. In this thread we are looking for instances since the policy change in 1997.

It has been 4 months now and no one has been able the answer the challenge of my original post. I assumed there would be several cases, but as of yet no one can point to a single case where the policy failed some one. If that is the case then barbara anderson and bill bowen should call on all the churches to adopt the same policy as the WT, that is if they are really interested in helping children.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 13, 2013
this is one thread and Diogenes has brought this up in other threads which I will search for also.

point is he/she wanted a name of any child or even 5 that have been harmed since 1997 policy. Well this latest news shows different sadly.

one only knows if it has become a court case, or victims have come forward, otherwise how else would one know unless they have been personally involved.
Diogenes

Dallas, TX

#16 Sep 13, 2013
array wrote:
this is one thread and Diogenes has brought this up in other threads which I will search for also.
point is he/she wanted a name of any child or even 5 that have been harmed since 1997 policy. Well this latest news shows different sadly.
one only knows if it has become a court case, or victims have come forward, otherwise how else would one know unless they have been personally involved.
Again you grossly misrepresent what I said. Read what I said in post #7. So by all means keep posting quotes that prove me right and you wrong.

And this latest news DOES NOT QUALIFY for answering my challenge. Mr Lorenzo was not known to be a molester before molesting those boys.

And did it escape your notice that it was the elders that turned him into the law?

Location hidden

#17 Sep 13, 2013
Diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you grossly misrepresent what I said. Read what I said in post #7. So by all means keep posting quotes that prove me right and you wrong.
And this latest news DOES NOT QUALIFY for answering my challenge. Mr Lorenzo was not known to be a molester before molesting those boys.
And did it escape your notice that it was the elders that turned him into the law?
does not matter what post 7 said, YOU said in your posts which I have provided that what I said was correct, YOU said name one case since 1997, that is all I was saying, now what ever post 7 said the other posts say what I said YOU SAID.

those are your words in posts outside of post 7.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 13, 2013
beside Diogenes you have said this before on another thread I will find that too!

I came across this one..... and as said those are YOUR words.

find one if not 5 cases since 1997

Now pay attention to this carefully marvin. The challenge is to find 5 cases against the WT alleging that a known molester hurt their child (since 1997). If the challenge is met, then that is a strong indication that the policy needs a major overhauling. So far we have ZERO.

obviously the policy needs over hauling and this is what Conti was trying to make happen!!

Location hidden

#19 Sep 13, 2013
If you feel the two witness rule is inadequate, please post for us an instance where this has failed a child. In this thread we are looking for instances since the policy change in 1997.

oh yes It has failed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 13, 2013
Lady Chucklesby wrote:
.depends on where you live..he was an attendant..probably similar to a Walmart greeter.. and was a baptized publisher or he'd have just been holding down a seat. not with his foot on the rung of the corp..ladder.
Diogenes

United States

#21 Sep 13, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>does not matter what post 7 said, YOU said in your posts which I have provided that what I said was correct, YOU said name one case since 1997, that is all I was saying, now what ever post 7 said the other posts say what I said YOU SAID.
those are your words in posts outside of post 7.
I said name one case since 1997 committed by a KNOWN molester.

There is no such thing as a policy that prevents child molestation. The most a policy can do is limit or restrict KNOWN molesters access to children.

Do you have the capacity of understanding the difference? Here's a hint. An organization can be held responsible for putting a known molester accessible to children. An organization CANNOT be held responsible for crimes committed by its members that had no history of committing crimes.

Stop misrepresenting what I say.

Location hidden

#22 Sep 13, 2013
Change in Policy
It was not until the late 1990’s, as a result of bad media publicity globally, that Watchtower policy changes on child abuse finally started to come into effect. For a person to be considered to have acted inappropriately scripturally collaborative evidence such as photos, or two children making a similar accusation in a short period of time can now be regarded as “two witnesses”.

In the Watchtower 1997 January 1 it became policy that scripturally convicted child molesters were never to hold the position of elders. Yet even if convicted in court, such conviction is not considered valid unless the elders can find the person guilty under ‘scriptural’ principles. As such, a convicted paedophile may at times continue to have privileges such as being an elder.

Elders are now to go to the secular authorities, though still only in States where they are legally required to. Prior to contacting the police elders are expected to seek advice from the Watchtower legal department. The following proviso is stated in an October 10 2002 Confidential “Body of Elders” Letter sent to all elders in Australia;
“If, after contacting the Society, it is determined that the elders should report a matter such as child abuse to the authorities, it would not be considered to be a breach of confidentiality to make such a report.… Elders should always contact the Society before providing any information on confidential matters to secular authorities.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liquor, Limos, and Chicken Dinners Part of Brib... (Sep '12) 43 min Go away 39
Agencies uncover meth ring (Dec '13) 2 hr Aaa 40
Former Mexico Prez: Illegal Immigrants Stay in ... 2 hr ronnie 9
David Robles Sentenced to Life Without Parole f... (May '11) 3 hr annonomyus 6
'Intellectually disabled' man set for execution 3 hr Barack the Yellow 10
Two Potsdam men jailed following apparent robbe... 5 hr Friendly guy 3
Fidel Castro writes statement on shift in Cuba-... 6 hr Doc Proper 4
More from around the web