Rebels: West should react to Syria's chemical attacks

Apr 25, 2013 Full story: The Indianapolis Star 83

Groups representing Syrian rebels told USA TODAY on Thursday that they have amassed evidence over months that proves President Bashar Assad is using deadly chemical nerve agents despite President Obama's "red line" threat.

Full Story
rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#64 Apr 28, 2013
Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were you I'd stay in the bush, you'd have better luck learning the secrets of the universe from the kangaroos and aborigines, a wild pack of dingoes would give you more love and have better hygiene....
Why would it ?.
Actually there is a Libyan damsel I been saving myself for *-* as for like the past four decades I been saving up to have the "pride" of my life and the bastards went and bombed her.
Doesn't matter we'll meet up in Paradise and have a discussion about where people went wrong.
Did you know heaven is a biological habitat much the same as earth.?.
So I won't be lonely *-* the kangaroos and Aboes will be there if the "hard word" doesn't work.

Falcon

UK

#65 Apr 28, 2013
I hope she didn't end up becoming someone's seventy second virgin for your sake. People describe heaven to be a lot like me, go figure... Are their aboes where you stay??
Austinite

Austin, TX

#66 Apr 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
Assad is a war criminal, it sickens me to see people actually going out of their way to defend him.
I do nto think anyone is saying he is a good guy but he is better than the alternative of Al Qaida in control of his chemical and biological weapons.
fair weather friend

United States

#67 Apr 28, 2013
Hmmm

The US media now describes Mubarak as 'not a good guy' too...but Washington supported him for decades.

Bottom line is that Assad just hasn't been that useful to us, secularism and all that lip service be damned.
fair weather friend

United States

#68 Apr 28, 2013
Had we not all those years supported Mubarak's military machine, looked the other way when it suited us and made him the second largest recipient of foreign aid after Israel, maybe Syria would not have looked at Egypt and assumed its status quo as 'business as usual' in the Middle East and initiated gradual reforms through the decades on an evolutionary vs. revolutionary basis.

Food for thought, eh?
orion

Cape Town, South Africa

#69 Apr 28, 2013
Johnny Cakes McCain wrote:
I'm getting very impatient and really want to bomb something before my head explodes, so I've been sending the rebels free copies of my weekly newsletter "How to make chemical bombs in mom's kitchen."
You better watch yourself! They will blame you next for Boston and 9/11. You should put your hand to anthrax or ricin, it is such a nice follow-up...
orion

Cape Town, South Africa

#70 Apr 28, 2013
Austinite wrote:
Maybe the picture of the terrorist in hospital foaming at the mouth is less to do with "evidence" of Government Sarin use and more to do with a rabid dog.
He ate a bar of soap LOL
orion

Cape Town, South Africa

#71 Apr 28, 2013
Austinite wrote:
<quoted text>
Libya had no standing army short of an elite brigade and 3 brigades of reserves and one of border guards. They historically relied on Mercenaries and had a brigade of those when the western backed Al Qada/Muslim Brotherhood coup took place.
Their military was 5th world at best if anything with 40 or more year old Soviet surplus equipment and a sprinkeling or slightly younger French equipment.
NATO had 2 high tech jet and fighter bombers shot down with between 12 and 17 shot up. One US A 10 barely made it back to it's base in Germany and another crash landed in Italy. 2 attack and one recon helicopters shot down with 10 shot up to various degrees. The "rebels" flew captured government jets and helicopters and were often guided by NATO from takeoff, to targets, and back to base. 2 of the known 4 jets they used were shot down by government forces and one was shot down by the rebels themselves as it took off from it's base the rebels actually were in control of. I suppose the NATO No Fly Zone only applied to the Libyan military and not the rebels. Qatar and France were openly flying in weapons and munitions to the rebels in violation of not only the no fly zone but also the UN weapons embargo.
Syria has a much larger, better equipped, and organised military than Libya, even after two years of the current conflict.
NATO would lose alot of aircraft and crews if they attacked Syria unless they did a prolonged missile bombardment and I doubt they have the stones or even munitions for that.
NATO had to beg America for more bombs, rockets, and missiles towards the end of the Libya coup because they said they were almost out and could not produce more as needed.
Russia would roll right over NATO if they wanted to as they have quantity over quality and the Germans found out the hard way that quality does not always matter.
Excellent assessment! I did not realise that so many Nato aircraft were f..up. Lucky for Nato the conflict did not last too long otherwise it would have had to ask for aircrafts as well.
orion

Cape Town, South Africa

#72 Apr 28, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it ?.
Actually there is a Libyan damsel I been saving myself for *-* as for like the past four decades I been saving up to have the "pride" of my life and the bastards went and bombed her.
Doesn't matter we'll meet up in Paradise and have a discussion about where people went wrong.
Did you know heaven is a biological habitat much the same as earth.?.
So I won't be lonely *-* the kangaroos and Aboes will be there if the "hard word" doesn't work.
Paradise must be a very boring place! Just imagine...no internet, no newspaper,force to sing halleluyah the whole day long. On top of that 72 virgins, that is a lot of hard work and I do not know if my gun would take it. After 4 or 5 there would be nothing left of it. And plenty more virgins left...that would be hell! But the worst is being there with all the "good" people of this world, those who have never lived for fear of doing something wrong, the born again, who were never really born before. I think, a few days of this, I would ask for a transfer to where all the interesting people are...count me out of heaven! It is too dull there.
Austinite

Austin, TX

#73 Apr 28, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>
He ate a bar of soap LOL
Maybe so but in any event sarin exposure may cause drooling but it does not cause foaming at the mouth. If this guy was exposed to sarin it must have been very minor indeed or he was right outside the hospital as he would have died within a minute or two max with even a drop or vapor exposure.
Insurgents in Iraq used some old artillary shells with some sarin catalyst in it, left behind by the UN as it was so degraded it was not useful. The insurgents looted it from it's burial site when the Iraqi soldiers fled the facility and American troops failed to guard the facility after the invasion. The roadside bombs they made from them exposed some American troops to very, very weak amounts and no ill effects but it was detectable as sarin.
rtloder

Blacktown, Australia

#74 Apr 28, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>Paradise must be a very boring place! Just imagine...no internet, no newspaper,force to sing halleluyah the whole day long. On top of that 72 virgins, that is a lot of hard work and I do not know if my gun would take it. After 4 or 5 there would be nothing left of it. And plenty more virgins left...that would be hell! But the worst is being there with all the "good" people of this world, those who have never lived for fear of doing something wrong, the born again, who were never really born before. I think, a few days of this, I would ask for a transfer to where all the interesting people are...count me out of heaven! It is too dull there.

Mother Goose you are dreaming.
Other than for martyrs there is no 72 .
In fact that is a fable as well.
Heaven is in this Universe.
When it ends "we the accepted", go on to the new *-* we are the "Angels" that keep creation running.
We who "live and die" in Paradise have problems and pleasures, just like here *-* but we come back *-* as in reincarnated after doing jobs for "Allah".
Allah is the person of His Persona which is everything.
Because He was first as an "aspect of possibility" , He is the "Greatest".
For He created "Self" and passed it on.
Every detail, of the development of Creation is documented including "Paradise".
There is no intermediate between subject and object *-* between "analysis of idea" and the "analysed".
That's why Paradise is like here *-* only minus the traitors to "Allah" .
Yes ! and that is what this life is all about *-* to sort them out and send them away.
Do you want to know where they go?.
check it out

Brisbane, Australia

#75 Apr 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
Assad is a war criminal, it sickens me to see people actually going out of their way to defend him.
I used to think that a lot of the bloggists on this forum were Assad apologists. Now I know that many of them are Syrian government employees, or at least agents for it. They sing from exactly the same spreadsheet as what the Syrian regime transmit. There is no deviation. All too coincidental.

You watch. They all sing in chorus whenver Assad captures a town. They all condemn as lies whenever the rebels capture territory. They all focus on the opposition as alqeada, al qeada. They are trying to spread misinformation throughtout the net, that Assad's opposition is somehow all head hacking sinister foreigners.

You can tell who they are because they will totally and continually IGNORE the fact that Assad is bombing his country to dust.

They will scream with indignation whenever a single car bomb goes off in Damascus, however. The will try and get the discussion going away from the fighting and bombing and direct it towards foreign conspiracy plans.
Falcon

UK

#76 Apr 28, 2013
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>I used to think that a lot of the bloggists on this forum were Assad apologists. Now I know that many of them are Syrian government employees, or at least agents for it. They sing from exactly the same spreadsheet as what the Syrian regime transmit. There is no deviation. All too coincidental.
You watch. They all sing in chorus whenver Assad captures a town. They all condemn as lies whenever the rebels capture territory. They all focus on the opposition as alqeada, al qeada. They are trying to spread misinformation throughtout the net, that Assad's opposition is somehow all head hacking sinister foreigners.
You can tell who they are because they will totally and continually IGNORE the fact that Assad is bombing his country to dust.
They will scream with indignation whenever a single car bomb goes off in Damascus, however. The will try and get the discussion going away from the fighting and bombing and direct it towards foreign conspiracy plans.
HAHAHAHAHA joke of the day... Why don't you lay off the weed mate, its obviously making you overly paranoid about this forum. Send it off to the CIA or FBI, I'm sure they'll use what you say as a perfect excuse to cut off access to the site, and they won't stop there either....
Austinite

Austin, TX

#77 Apr 28, 2013
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>I used to think that a lot of the bloggists on this forum were Assad apologists. Now I know that many of them are Syrian government employees, or at least agents for it. They sing from exactly the same spreadsheet as what the Syrian regime transmit. There is no deviation. All too coincidental.
Wrong on too many levels.
Assad is a bad man as was his father before him. The alternative is much worse.
There is no doubt the Syrian military, on his orders, are fighting the rebels and yes, lots of people on either side are being killed and injured by both sides.
Free yourself and look all over the world news media and see the truth, both sides are savage to each other but instead of harping up the rebels are do good Syrians and look at their own admission of having large numbers of foreign fighters, even admitting many of them are Al Qaeda, sympathetic to them, or other Islamist extreemists.
The rebels are guilty of their own war crimes too just as they were in Libya but again they were mostly ignored despite clear evidence because the west played up how bad the leader of that country was.
The rebels execut government captured government soldiers who will not fight for them, usually after torturing them, strap them into cars full of explosives and remotley drive the car then detonate it remotely, torture and murder civilians who will not support them, on and on.
check it out

Brisbane, Australia

#79 Apr 28, 2013
Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHA joke of the day... Why don't you lay off the weed mate, its obviously making you overly paranoid about this forum. Send it off to the CIA or FBI, I'm sure they'll use what you say as a perfect excuse to cut off access to the site, and they won't stop there either....
Just the response I knew would come from you.
Off on a tangent with drug references and immature outbursts, as usual.
Apologists are all the same. We wont mention the constant artillery bombardment, will we?
Falcon

UK

#80 Apr 28, 2013
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>Just the response I knew would come from you.
Apologists are all the same. We wont mention the constant artillery bombardment, will we?
I have to admit making everyone out to be assad agents is a funny notion.... As I've said time and again assad is a brutal dictator and will hopefully pay for what he's done, but this is a case of the lesser of two evils and the consequences that could follow.... If you refuse to accept the roll and manipulation the west has had in this conflict, than your no different from the blue eyed and blond haired nazis mindlessly shouting hale hitler.... It may take decades for this region to recover if at all if assad falls, this is all about territory gain and resources as its always been about since the beginning of time... Iran is next with their SUEZ CANAL and taking out a country that dare threaten the wests dominance by having a legitimate deterrent, that is nuclear capability... Syria will be ravaged and occupied with numerous terrorist threats and a shell of its former self post assad, all of this so the west can move onto their next agenda of pillaging iran... Please stop kidding yourself, I know your a recipient of their unjust wars, but its all going to end the same like the barbarians sacking rome..
mxlplx

United States

#81 Apr 28, 2013
Assad's been late with my paycheck. I think I'll tweet the Saudi Embassy and see if they need a convert. LOL

The issue is how to keep the middle east from becoming a radical hell hole. Some of us here are aware of the potential realities and don't have a lick's worth of faith in our 'security services' abilities to avoid such an aftermath.

If that happens to coincide with some Syrian news reports, so be it.

Now get stuffed, check it out doofus.
rtloder

Blacktown, Australia

#82 Apr 29, 2013
Falcon wrote:
I hope she didn't end up becoming someone's seventy second virgin for your sake. People describe heaven to be a lot like me, go figure... Are their aboes where you stay??

There are no 72 unless your a martyr .
And then every time you die in heaven and come back again to have another life in heaven which goes on for ever *-* you get another good one (virgin).I not sure about 73 times *-*,,maybe.
I don't tell everyone that unless I want to help them out.
How do you go with explosives.?.
That's the real reason I'm dead keen to get to Damascus.
But don't start blabbing it about.

And I'm sure Allah knows what's best for me , if that "houri" I expect isn't the best *-* to avail me of my achievement , or maybe I won't be accepted to achieve anything .
Then I will choose from what ever is available.
First I will engage them in discussion about the improving the community because Falcon you must remember desire is "out".
So what is romance without dangling it about ?.
It is the achievement of having it away .
Therefore producing the children that are in fact the offspring of the accepted from Earth.
When I chose my digs I went as far as possible away from the undesirables.
It's not that there is anything wrong with them as I know you are one yourself.
But they got awful singing voices.
I remember Lionel Rose when he gave up boxing and took up singing .
Somebody finished up shoving the guitar up his arse.
But what is this about you and heaven?.
Have you got pretensions.?
If so why ?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#83 Apr 29, 2013
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>Just the response I knew would come from you.
The country is running out of buildings to hit, not sure what asset is next for Assad to take out.
Falcon

UK

#84 Apr 29, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no 72 unless your a martyr .
And then every time you die in heaven and come back again to have another life in heaven which goes on for ever *-* you get another good one (virgin).I not sure about 73 times *-*,,maybe.
I don't tell everyone that unless I want to help them out.
How do you go with explosives.?.
That's the real reason I'm dead keen to get to Damascus.
But don't start blabbing it about.
And I'm sure Allah knows what's best for me , if that "houri" I expect isn't the best *-* to avail me of my achievement , or maybe I won't be accepted to achieve anything .
Then I will choose from what ever is available.
First I will engage them in discussion about the improving the community because Falcon you must remember desire is "out".
So what is romance without dangling it about ?.
It is the achievement of having it away .
Therefore producing the children that are in fact the offspring of the accepted from Earth.
When I chose my digs I went as far as possible away from the undesirables.
It's not that there is anything wrong with them as I know you are one yourself.
But they got awful singing voices.
I remember Lionel Rose when he gave up boxing and took up singing .
Somebody finished up shoving the guitar up his arse.
But what is this about you and heaven?.
Have you got pretensions.?
If so why ?
What?! You want to blow yourself up in damascus, you better take a bunch of FSA to hell while your at it, but don't be too hasty heaven is running out of good virgins and they only got aborigines in stock.. Please you stay in the bush cause the rent is cheaper, how much does it cost to rent out a cave these days anyway? If you heard me singing you'd move straight into the city and become an infidel... Is there a muslim community in the bush to carpet bo.... I mean to visit in goodwill or are you the only imam in those parts...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three drug traffickers sentenced for dealing po... (Dec '08) 1 hr Bobhope902 7
Ferguson Reverberates Around the World 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 1 hr Le Jimbo 150
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 3 hr John 98
New El Paso chief medical examiner not a U.S. c... 4 hr Bob Bakian 4
Ariz. sheriff aims to halt Obama immigration order 4 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
Filipino family wants US Marine in local jail d... 5 hr allgodsarefalse 7
More from around the web