Obama Admin accuses Egypt of stifling freedom

Apr 2, 2013 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.jihadwatch.org

The United States on Monday voiced concern over freedom of expression in Egypt following the arrest of a comedian for allegedly insulting President Mohamed Morsi and Islam.

US State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said the detention and release of television satirist Bassem Youssef was evidence of a "disturbing trend" of mounting restrictions on freedom of expression ...
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

from jihadwatch:

"'We have concerns that freedom of expression is being stifled ... This is something that came up when Secretary (John) Kerry was in Egypt. He raised human rights concerns, including freedom of the press, with President Morsi, and we will continue to raise these concerns.'"

But in 2011, the UN Human Rights Council adopted Resolution 16/18 that called upon Western states to pass laws that criminalize "defamation of religion" with the support of the same Obama administration that is criticizing Egypt for doing just that.

Hypocrisy!

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I disagree.
Comedians have always been excluded from defamation laws and this is why he was released without being tortured or beaten.
He was simply advised to tone it down a little.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

animals against islam wrote:
I disagree.
Comedians have always been excluded from defamation laws and this is why he was released without being tortured or beaten.
He was simply advised to tone it down a little.
And what happens when satirist Bassem Youssef simply doesn't take that "advice"?

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

bassam yusuf is a coward, he not only hated by islamists but by egyptians generally and his thick blooded animal who suk up the zionist jewish stuff
Richard

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Egyptian_lad wrote:
bassam yusuf is a coward, he not only hated by islamists but by egyptians generally and his thick blooded animal who suk up the zionist jewish stuff
your vitriolic comments clearly show the mind set of most muslims

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
your vitriolic comments clearly show the mind set of most muslims
Richard: plz speak about your sick minds better

you bunch of guys whose their minds programmed wrongly

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••