Beacon focuses on new use for prison,...

Beacon focuses on new use for prison, fears job losses

There are 2 comments on the Poughkeepsie Journal story from Apr 11, 2013, titled Beacon focuses on new use for prison, fears job losses. In it, Poughkeepsie Journal reports that:

In May, New York will try -- for the second time -- to sell 31 acres with 38 buildings including a gymnasium and a chapel, as well as on-site water and sewage-treatment systems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Poughkeepsie Journal.

kellz

Newington, CT

#1 Apr 18, 2013
Close the damn place I used to b an inmate there so much illegal shit goes on there smdh the superintendent needs to waitress cause she does not do her job and allows all illegal bullshit to go on geesh
Spider

Wappingers Falls, NY

#2 Jul 22, 2013
Why can't the county take it over instead of building a new jail at a cost
of $200M. The county could also, make use of the other outlining buildings
for mental health, BOCEs, etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Oklahoma state senator has agreed to ple... 1 hr Okie 18
News Bergdahl's hometown blindsided by hatred in wak... (Jun '14) 11 hr Jeremy 16
News Picture Exclusive: Bowe Bergdahl's father after... (Jul '14) 11 hr Jeremy 5
News Bergdahl says he left base to expose 'leadershi... (Dec '15) 15 hr frilled2b 3
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 18 hr freebird 18
News Happening Now: Milwaukee advocacy group calls f... 19 hr Dark 1
News Alan Miller: When news breaks, we quickly verif... 19 hr fat tired old and... 3
More from around the web