Inmate speaks about jail conditions

Inmate speaks about jail conditions

There are 32 comments on the Columbia Daily Herald story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Inmate speaks about jail conditions. In it, Columbia Daily Herald reports that:

For the first time, a female inmate at Maury County Jail has joined dozens of male prisoners who in recent months have filed federal civil rights lawsuits against officials in charge of the jail, citing unsafe living conditions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Daily Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#22 Mar 22, 2013
To : fed up .... i totally agree!!!!!! When it becomes them ... thats karma kicking rearends......... I have family that use to work there and left because of what they were doing. Including urinating in meals.... yes its very true.+ much more. If no one.speaks out it woll never end!!!! Get it all out there!!!!.

Location hidden

#23 Mar 22, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Then run for office and do something about it instead of being on the internet talking about it......being you know so much
i probably could. Funny that you have such a bad attitude on the subject when all im doing is speaking the truth. Get knowledge then talk.

Location hidden

#24 Mar 22, 2013
Can I get a witness wrote:
<quoted text> damn straight and I've had family members in jail and I was like if you're gonna do the crime, then...... I had no pity at all. Keep yourself outta trouble and then you won't have to worry bout Jail!!!! Duh- huh???
three meals..... really hahaha.... and urine in it if ur lucky enough to get one ... funny . Dont talk unless youve been there because u obviously do not know what ur talking about truthfully.

Location hidden

#25 Mar 22, 2013
Can I get a witness wrote:
<quoted text> damn straight and I've had family members in jail and I was like if you're gonna do the crime, then...... I had no pity at all. Keep yourself outta trouble and then you won't have to worry bout Jail!!!! Duh- huh???
and i have family that has worked there and seen the stuff themselves.... from the people running it.... as i said earlier... thats why they left too... im not defending the real criminals...but... we all have rules and just incase someone is a true criminal doesnt.mean its alright to abuse them in anyway nor urinate in their food.... ecr.

Location hidden

#26 Mar 22, 2013
Unless you have been there to know the reality.... weather you did wrong or not.... save ur time and everyone elses and dont speak from ignorance.

Location hidden

#27 Mar 22, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Then run for office and do something about it instead of being on the internet talking about it......being you know so much
just cant help but wonder what is it to u... and are u not on the net as well? Duh.... geez.... some people. Sounds about right for maury co.

Location hidden

#28 Mar 22, 2013
To all the people that are passing judgement as of all people that go to jail are guilty... ur daus coming... when it does lets see if ur mouth spits out the same thing afterwards. After all this is maury co. Were talking about here. U create ur own karma by talking as you have. Like ur any different. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. Guess u will have to see for urself.
get facts straight

Knoxville, TN

#29 Mar 24, 2013
Dont worry about what all these better than thou people have to say,it's obvious that they must have one of the last names in this county where you can do whatever you want and get away with it or they just dont know what they are talking about.Most people in this county dont have anything better to do but gossip about things or people they know absolutly nothing about,then run to church on Sunday and pretend to be a christian. This shows just what kind of people that they are.I believe we only need to worry about God'd judgement.I'm sure he will be in awe at how they are living their lives,if only we all could follow their fine example of living!
Right

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Mar 24, 2013
sick and tierd wrote:
First of all who said anything about them not being human?? And why does does " CHRISTIAN " Have to always be brought up??
Romans 13
1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well. 4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong. 5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience. 6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid so they can keep on doing the work God intended them to do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and import duties, and give respect and honor to all to whom it is due. 8 Pay all your debts, except the debt of love for others. You can never finish paying that! If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill all the requirements of God's law. 9 For the commandments against adultery and murder and stealing and coveting -- and any other commandment -- are all summed up in this one commandment:
Obey the guards, especially the ones who physically, mentally and sexually abuse or kill inmates.
Columbia, TN

#31 Mar 25, 2013
c buden wrote:
To all the people that are passing judgement as of all people that go to jail are guilty... ur daus coming... when it does lets see if ur mouth spits out the same thing afterwards. After all this is maury co. Were talking about here. U create ur own karma by talking as you have. Like ur any different. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. Guess u will have to see for urself.
So have the inmates created there own Karma by cheating stealing Abusing? Guess there DAY has come
get facts straight

Athens, TN

#32 Mar 28, 2013
Once again we are back on this,if they are in jail,this must mean they are bad people and deserve whatever the guards and police officers want to do to them.How many of the inmates do you actually know?None of them probably sounds like to me you think you are a higher class of people that you would ever know any inmates,you are just someone who wants to talk about them.What are you family of some of the people that are employed at the jail? That's something I surely would not want anyone to know! Everyone makes mistakes this does not mean they are fair game to treat them however you please,but people like you are going to judge,maybe this keeps you from looking at your own life and thinking about your own mistakes,even though I'm sure you feel as if you have never made a mistake. It's your own karma I would be worring about if I was you!

Location hidden

#33 Mar 28, 2013
karma wrote:
<quoted text>
So have the inmates created there own Karma by cheating stealing Abusing? Guess there DAY has come
if someone is really guilty of a crime and in jail for it they should have to pay the consequenses according to the law.... not... people breaking the law and doing things they shouldnt to them

.. two wrongs do NOT make a right. Idc who u are....if someone else is... breakig a law they too should have their own consequenses reguardless of what position they might hold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Madoff son found dead of apparent suicide (Dec '10) 14 min Federal Contracto... 36
News CBS Host Refers To Illegal Aliens As 'Undocumen... 41 min The Sin City Cat 3
News FBI: Drexel kidnapped, raped, shot, fed to gators 3 hr discocrisco 1
News Most Americans Oppose Trump's Positions On Immi... 5 hr Quirky 6
News FBI agent: Missing teen Brittanee Drexel was ki... 9 hr 585zzz 1
News Juppe pitches 'united France' in presidential b... 17 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News A century ago next month: September, 1916 17 hr Rambling Rose - KHAN 1
More from around the web