Cockfight raid results in arrests of ...

Cockfight raid results in arrests of hundreds

There are 7 comments on the www.dnj.com story from May 18, 2009, titled Cockfight raid results in arrests of hundreds. In it, www.dnj.com reports that:

Hundreds of people were arrested Saturday during a large-scale raid on a Lewis County cockfight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dnj.com.

wanda

United States

#1 May 19, 2009
leave the cockfighters alone you should be using all that money you brag about to feeding the poor. bet you still eat chicken.
Sarah

Devault, PA

#2 May 22, 2009
Yes, there were almost 300 people at the fight when it was raided, including myself and others i knew. We know of absolutely no one that was arrested. We as spectators were given a citation. Those who admitted to having roosters participating in the fight will be indicted before a grand jury at a later time. I have yet to understand how the HSUS "animal rescuers" were rescuing these birds. After the owners relinquished their rights to the birds, the HSUS had every rooster put down by placing them in a chamber, pumping CO2 in, and sucking the oxygen out; letting ALL the birds suffocate to death. When the raid took place there were less than 20 of the 200+ birds that were injured, yet all were killed by the "rescuers".
wanda

United States

#3 May 23, 2009
go girl you tell them all these bone heads just wait when they get finished with cockfighters they will be knocking on all these bone heads doors taking there animals beleive me their day is coming they are not only helping take our rights away from us but there own
Wicked W Game Farm TN

Scottsville, KY

#4 May 24, 2009
I have been the game chicken business for over 17 years.I have been in the horse business for 30 years and have seen lot more violines an animal abuse at the Friday an Saturday horse shows than I have ever seen at a cockfight an as far as it being a breeding ground for violins there has been lots more people hurt or even killed in a riot after there favorite team lost. were they have to call in the SWAT team to control the crowd an I guarantee there was a large number of children at these event.far as the drugs go there are bad apples in every bunch.but there is no one trying to stop baseball or football.An for all of you horse lovers an hunting advocates when they stop the cock fighting.The Next thing on the agenda will be hunting of any kind of animal sport,rides,horse racing. If you think this will never happen you are wrong.Not even 30 years ago cockfigters never thought they would see the day that the sport they love so much an devoted there life to would be outlawed in ever state.What ever happened to this being a FREE country.I was busted at a cockfight in march of 09.There was a cop asked how about all the old people being robbed or the village immigrants stealing our jobs Should they be out trying to catch some real crimale.Instead of fooling around with some GOOD OL COUNTRY BOYS for fighting a few Of roosters.The cop replied that you could not categorize crime. that is the biggest bunch of BULL I have ever heard.After this invasion on us took place there was a statement made in one of our local papers that the people participating in this event were just standing around like it was a sporting event. well just in case you didn't know it is the oldest sporting event in America.When the Irish got off the boat in new york it was the horse racing they were after for there recreation time it was the cockfights.How can something that is such apart of our American history be such a crime.Some of or Greatest fore fathers such as Abe Lincoln,Andrew Jackson,George Washington and many more who participated in this sport. The big thing on the news every day is the economy.Well the way i see it is cock fighters help the economy we buy feed,wire,lumber,medacion an to many countless items to name.So all cockfighters give there weekly contribution in taxes.So how can cockfighting be so wrong.
PATRIOT

Sioux City, IA

#5 May 26, 2009
i will say it again. they are wasting taxpayer money on such a mundane cause. these are ancestors of people that founded this country. the hardworking backbone of this country. the cockfighter for the most part are honorable people. they pay their taxes just like everone else. hsus and peta are criminal organizations trying to re-write our laws. well we do not want to out law the cock fighter or the sport. we want to outlaw the animal rights activists. animals have been providing people with a means to earn money since the beginning of recorded history. we intend on continuing this time honored tradition. fight us all you like but you will never win. we know how to live off of the land and we always will. they send our young men and women to fight and die in foreign wars for usless causes. well if it is ok for our brothers to fight and die for unknown reasons i say we can fight chickens for goodness sake. there is a double standard here and we are tired of the harrassment hsus and peta bring on us. do away with these criminals with their crooked agenda's. honor and stregth brethren, keep the faith. the roosters do. death to all cowards.
enterprise game farm

Ooltewah, TN

#6 Feb 13, 2010
I was at the cock fight and I have been 2 a bunch of them for years.u no what sucks every one says thats its is mean and u kill both birds let me tell these dumb***** something if u raise 40 stags on ur yard from babys they will kill one another sooner or later most of the time is after there 6 months old b/c thats about there breeding age thats is a fact.if anything we protect these roosters for most of there lives.WE DO NOT TRAIN THESE BIRDS 2 FIGHT.if any thing we put these birds at there prime.and as far as drug dealers u can not be a dopehead/drunk/or be in and out of jail all the time ether b/c u half 2 spend 365 days a year 2 be sussful.u cannot be a bum eather b/c it takes money 2 take care of them.thats all I half 2 say.yall need 2 worry about drugs instead of cockfighters.just set back and look how bad the meth has got.and 2 all the people that was there that day i am sorry about the roosters least our way they had a chance
gamefowl

Buford, GA

#9 Mar 20, 2013
they say we don't pay taxes? last time i checked feed, medicine,wire, and wood is taxed and hsus find other people to bother bunch of no lifes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twice convicted and deported illegal alien arre... 27 min wild child 6
News Liquor, Limos, and Chicken Dinners Part of Brib... (Sep '12) 30 min Stealth Ninja 113
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 43
News Erie man gets 15 to 40 years for child rape (Apr '12) 4 hr DumpTruck 7
News Why Chicago's Police Force Can't Go On Strike 8 hr bozo 1
News Marcus Schrenker to be released from Florida pr... 11 hr right 2
News Why Chicago's Police Force Can't Go On Strike 14 hr bozo 1
More from around the web