Feds bust Gordon man for selling pills

Feb 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Coal Valley News

"He was selling so many prescription narcotics from his home that his residence was nicknamed 'The Gordon Pharmacy,'" said one law enforcement official working with the U.S. 119 Drug Task Force.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Owen Boone

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Drug abuse is the symptom, poverty is the disease.
just me

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 2, 2013
 
You are wrong about that . A lot of the druggies are people who have good paying jobs , so it is not poverty . They like the buzz they get and they want it more and more , then it is too late to return to normal .
Owen Boone

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

just me wrote:
You are wrong about that . A lot of the druggies are people who have good paying jobs , so it is not poverty . They like the buzz they get and they want it more and more , then it is too late to return to normal .
I wasn't referring so much as to the socioeconomic status of each individual as I was to the area, the people as a whole.
Capt Ekim

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Victimless crime. The old guy was just making a living. Now the taxpayers can spend $50k a year to keep him locked up. What we need is a new drug policy.
debbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 15, 2013
 
Owen Boone wrote:
Drug abuse is the symptom, poverty is the disease.
what is abuse we go 2 the DOCs they can not gave you meed 4 pain so we will get this somewhare if u was in pain u would and is not a disease not 4 a lot of us
Here we go again

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 15, 2013
 
just me wrote:
You are wrong about that . A lot of the druggies are people who have good paying jobs , so it is not poverty . They like the buzz they get and they want it more and more , then it is too late to return to normal .
That's right on the money. It's about loving that buzz and wanting more. Cocaine has never been a poor man's drug. Pills ain't no different. The pos Randy Moss' Charleston area attorney was busted, some odd years ago, for his love of cocaine/crack and whatever else he got caught with. No one's a saint when it comes to gettin that buzz, dentists, miners, lawyers, teachers, bus drivers, truckers, carpenters, mechanics and on and on and on. It usually starts with alcohol and or tobacco, then whatever. Whomever said weed was a gateway drug was WRONG, it's usually alcohol.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 15, 2013
 
This state has ALWAYS been Impoverished. It has not however, always been a Pill-Popping, Meth cooking hot-spot. If all of the local "Chemists" that are "cookers" would use their "skills" for good....we would be the new "Silicon Valley"
Here we go again

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 15, 2013
 
MsKamish wrote:
This state has ALWAYS been Impoverished. It has not however, always been a Pill-Popping, Meth cooking hot-spot. If all of the local "Chemists" that are "cookers" would use their "skills" for good....we would be the new "Silicon Valley"
Check the origin of meth. It wasn't in WV, more likely near "Silicon Valley" area. Ijs
gordonbob

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 1, 2013
 
MsKamish wrote:
This state has ALWAYS been Impoverished. It has not however, always been a Pill-Popping, Meth cooking hot-spot. If all of the local "Chemists" that are "cookers" would use their "skills" for good....we would be the new "Silicon Valley"
If they used their skills correctly they could probably be employed. However, the Meth did not originate in WV, but in asia or Japan @ 1880s and was used by the military.
Oh yes indeed

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 1, 2013
 
gordonbob wrote:
<quoted text>
If they used their skills correctly they could probably be employed. However, the Meth did not originate in WV, but in asia or Japan @ 1880s and was used by the military.
they'd not only be employed, they'd probably lead their chosen field. some of the dope cooks ive met are also coicidentally (or not) some of the most intelligent people ive met. not all, but the most skilled ones who have the best product...
addiction and other psych afflictions go hand in hand with high intellect.
just legalize the stuff, tax the ever-lovin SHIT out of it, give the cooks a safe and regulated environment in which to cook it...decriminalize it, and if those addicted are irresponsible and careless enough to overdose on it, then oh well. i call that darwin at work. and i say this as a (fairly intelligent, gainfully employed) semi-regular meth user, myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••