Media report: Assange seeking Austral...

Media report: Assange seeking Australian senate seat as a defense against criminal prosecution

There are 10 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 17, 2013, titled Media report: Assange seeking Australian senate seat as a defense against criminal prosecution. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

This Aug. 19, 2012 file photo shows WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange making a statement to the media and supporters at a window of Ecuadorian Embassy in central London.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#1 Feb 17, 2013
All he needs is to have some decent policies, like removing the governments interferrence into our private conversations etc god knows Labor didn't have any decent policies and now they are trying to catch up on their lack lustre performance by giving out the bickies, too little too late...bring it on Julian.
sid

Adelaide, Australia

#2 Feb 17, 2013
I don't know. He is kind of gay looking. Is that what we want our pollies to look like? And we all know he can't keep secrets so I don't think so.

I think Abbot will get my vote. A good honest Christian.
hammer

Kiev, Ukraine

#3 Feb 17, 2013
sid wrote:
I don't know. He is kind of gay looking. Is that what we want our pollies to look like? And we all know he can't keep secrets so I don't think so.
But your gay... why wount you support fellow gay Assage ?
Abbott is a bible thumper with a cocky smirk, he thinks gays like you and blair are against the lord.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#4 Feb 17, 2013
sid wrote:
We don't care what they look like as long as they do a good job at running the country do we?
And you see Assange as untrustworth because he released information, I see him as a person with the guts enough to make those in charge culpable for their actions, but whether he has what it takes to be an honest decent and up front pollie is anyones guess..LOL.:)
Foo

Adelaide, Australia

#5 Feb 17, 2013
hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
But your gay... why wount you support fellow gay Assage ?
Abbott is a bible thumper with a cocky smirk, he thinks gays like you and blair are against the lord.
Abbott and cock in same sentence gets my vote every time :)
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't care what they look like as long as they do a good job at running the country do we?
And you see Assange as untrustworth because he released information, I see him as a person with the guts enough to make those in charge culpable for their actions, but whether he has what it takes to be an honest decent and up front pollie is anyones guess..LOL.:)
No we must have standards - no weird weedy looking sickly albino types.

How will teh government ever keep secrets from us with assange there? No it is much better we don't vote for him and lets all vote Abbott and get the country moving forward again with good christian values.

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

#6 Feb 17, 2013
How does becoming a senator give him any protection? And he isn't one until sworn in by the GG at Government house which he'll never attend because he'll be arrested by the old bill.
true blue

Australia

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Our Government is already full of liars and crooks, maybe Assange wouldn't cover up things like the rest of them do... Now that would be a nice change...

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Bob Katter will save us

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 17, 2013
sid wrote:
Christian and honest in the same sentence ?
The Fixers

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Feb 17, 2013
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian and honest in the same sentence ?
MalbarCACA Poofters, Benders, sIndians, Levis, Adelaideans, McPoos...
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/T7...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leaving a dog in a hot car in Michigan could se... 44 min Squach 532
News Vacaville prison guard's lost check costs taxpa... 7 hr Latricia 1
News Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists amid ... 13 hr Cordwainer Trout 8
News 25 years on, no fading of Tiananmen wounds, ideals (May '14) 22 hr JUNE FOURTH MASSACRE 115
News Grand jury clears police in Wal-Mart shooting (Sep '14) Thu Walmart shopper 9
News Homeland Security chief criticizes politicians'... Thu Dee Dee Dee 2
News Lawyers for Blagojevich resentencing due in Chi... Thu Voter 1
More from around the web