Cruel and Unusual? Dying in solitary in a New York prison

Dec 18, 2008 | Posted by: Trumpeterny | Full story: www.sevendaysvt.com

After nearly two decades in prison, Dagnone is still haunted by an incident he witnessed at Upstate a little over a year ago. For two days and nights in December 2004, he listened helplessly as a 19-year-old inmate named Christopher Campos suffered repeated seizures in a nearby cell. Campos later died in the infirmary because the prison's medical staff assumed he was faking it.

Comments
101 - 111 of 111 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bub

Millbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

I agree we need to step up and make prison just that. Not some summer retreat. We need to hold convicts responsible for their actions. Further more we need to fast track the death penalty
S We

East Greenbush, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

If the current court system continues to sway to the left, we will have lots of people cutting lawns, raking leaves and reporting to probation rather than being in jail..Look at some of the sentences handed down,,break a helpless animals legs,, get probation, sell heroin, two years in jail, probation, and we need not wonder if the system does not work, it does not..we almost encourage people to break laws,, for example,, if you can sell enough drugs, and only get caught once you have a chance of getting probation, yet look at all the money you can make,,, it's worth it to some. In fact if you read about many of the arrest a few weeks ago,, most of the people arrested were receiving welfare payment, we support them so they can make money selling drugs,then give them probation and keep them on welfare,, not a bad way to get by, Huh.
open your eyes

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

if only more people like you would get pist enough to challenge the system. convicts have more rights than joe citizen. we need to change this
names

Gresham, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

So i would not use my name. Sal was never good for anything neither was anyone in his family his cousin Frank even went gay. I knew all of them well last time i saw them was in shell bank the best is when he got his ass beat by Evan solamen. So you say something is wrong with him so he should never get out and would be good if you join him.
NO FRIEND OF YOURS wrote:
To The ass that thinks he knows The Dagnone's. Your so super slick that you used his name. Why can't you remember yours?
and just so ya know the story is very true. So stick it were the sun don't shine. You have no clue what the hell you are talking about. As a matter of fact it was a very sad thing to see.
They knew he had a problem and it was for real.It was proven in court. Next time you write in a blog make sure you know what the hell you are talking about. Find the balls and try and remember your own name.
And stop using the name your blogging about..Or are you a Wanna Be.
Sorry that you are an idiot!
QUOTE who Sal Dagnone I went to school with Sal Dagnone and brother anthony is not a real winner either. the story of that boy in the cell next to his not so sure how true it is sal just keeps making claims against the state. I am not sure of the whole thing what I do know is Sal was not a good person from 1st grade she would put darts into a sling shot and shot them at people and that was just 1st grade. he got worse from that point on he robbed his scool ps254 also while he was in the school i think that was when we were in the 5th grade he was smoking pot at that time as well his mom was single and had four kids not sure if that is why she could not control him. the point is any claim that is make by sal you cannot trust of course somthing happened an a young man is now dead well to quote if that man had not been in that place he would be alive and well maybe it is just as well he was a mess anyway or as the black's would say a hot mess.
amazed by stupid people

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

the guy is in prison,hes a ctiminal,he deserves nothing.but a chain gang
from me

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Angered wrote:
If that were my Son.......there would be some hurt'n prison staff members!!
If he were my son and locked up in a place like this, I'd be ashamed of myself for raising him the way I did. Some father you are. First you screw up your kid, then you blame society when they punish him. Sucks for the kid - having a father like you.
Moses kestenbaum ODA

Woodside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Mother fcks who end up in prison should eat grass and have their asses whiped every hour. I have zero tollrance for murderers rapist and killers. Let them all rot ans suffer
Jewey McIVigger

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

I think that solitary is cruel and unusual.After all being serrated from other prisoners, denies you the wonderful opportunity to be RAPED and beaten.I think the only human imprisonment, is when blacks single out whites for RAPE. Ah America the land of the free!
Jewey McIVigger

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Moses kestenbaum ODA wrote:
Mother fcks who end up in prison should eat grass and have their asses whiped every hour. I have zero tollrance for murderers rapist and killers. Let them all rot ans suffer
Most people in prison are NON VIOLENT offenders. Many prisoners are VICTIMS of the drug war.
amazed by stupid people

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

prisoners are prisoners,criminals,they should have no rights what so ever,THEY ARE CRIMINALS,IF i were presadent there would be chain gangs and work camps,no free medical,education.make people afraid to go to jail,like it was in the 50s and before
amazed by stupid people

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Jewey McIVigger wrote:
<quoted text>Most people in prison are NON VIOLENT offenders. Many prisoners are VICTIMS of the drug war.
drug wars,they are still ctiminals

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••