Cruel and Unusual? Dying in solitary...

Cruel and Unusual? Dying in solitary in a New York prison

There are 111 comments on the www.sevendaysvt.com story from Dec 18, 2008, titled Cruel and Unusual? Dying in solitary in a New York prison. In it, www.sevendaysvt.com reports that:

After nearly two decades in prison, Dagnone is still haunted by an incident he witnessed at Upstate a little over a year ago. For two days and nights in December 2004, he listened helplessly as a 19-year-old inmate named Christopher Campos suffered repeated seizures in a nearby cell. Campos later died in the infirmary because the prison's medical staff assumed he was faking it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sevendaysvt.com.

daizee

Anderson, SC

#91 Oct 28, 2010
My Brother Im Law is currently serving time at Great meadows cor fac. He is dying from a rare cancer. The jail as well as the doctors know he is terminal and yet they refuse to do anything to release him so he can spend his last days with his family or at least one holiday if he makes it. He is not a threat to society in any way, I cant understand why! since he has served over half his time. They see we the family is suffering especially this took us all by suprise, we thought he was in great shape, but to our suprise he is not and he ifs fighting a battle every day to stay alive meanwhile this rare cancer is so aggressive it is attacking all hid vital organs, so it's a matter of time. When will they try to send him home? when he has just one breath to take?????
Anonymous

United States

#92 Oct 28, 2010
Hmmm.....did he show the same considerations for his victims? I think not. They dont put you in Comstock because you are not a threat to society.
i hate haters

Tully, NY

#93 Oct 28, 2010
karma will catch up with us all
Insert Name Here

Northville, NY

#94 Nov 6, 2010
He is obviously in prison for a reason. They will not "try to send him home". It's prison, not a hotel. If he wanted to spend his last days at home with his family he shouldn't have committed a crime. Simple as that. Quit your cry-assing because you're not going to get any sympathy from me.
give me a break

Paeonian Springs, VA

#95 Nov 6, 2010
Go home case he is sick. I think not. He should die there if you can't do the time don't do the crime. Maybe just maybe but I doubt it someone else will learn from him and than his life would have been with something but right now it is not.
what a waste

United States

#96 Nov 6, 2010
Its amazing that people are actually wasting more internet space on this dead convicted felon. He's dead. Ya aint bringing him back! Why not tell the story of the people he harmed to be put in a super max prison? as I see it one less turd that we (taxpayers) have to pay for. To his parents. Had you done your job as a parent he wouldn't have home to prison and he wouldn't be dead. Harsh but true.
what a waste

United States

#97 Nov 6, 2010
Daizee. They will send him home when he is dead. Well not him but his body. Maybe he had he actually lived a productive life like a decent member of society he would be with you and your family. He made his bed time for him to die in it.
Perry Brooklyn Ny

Ridgewood, NY

#98 Sep 5, 2011
Dumb Flock wrote:
<quoted text>
Farmingdale - home of housewife whores and typical suburban sheeple. Do you have any idea how many people are in prison just for not conforming to the state tyrannies behavioral laws? Prison is the only growth industry left in America. Maybe you'll get the chance to be in one for something like say jaywalking.
Perry I was good friends with Sal Dagnone from 1980 till 1988 something like that he was a good man yes he stole cars and did some bad things but he had a problem and coulndt stop stealing cars easy money but all in all he was a good friend we had a lot of laughs together. if he hurt anyone im sure it was self-defence.
Perry Brooklyn NY

Ridgewood, NY

#99 Sep 5, 2011
NO FRIEND OF YOURS wrote:
To The ass that thinks he knows The Dagnone's. Your so super slick that you used his name. Why can't you remember yours?
and just so ya know the story is very true. So stick it were the sun don't shine. You have no clue what the hell you are talking about. As a matter of fact it was a very sad thing to see.
They knew he had a problem and it was for real.It was proven in court. Next time you write in a blog make sure you know what the hell you are talking about. Find the balls and try and remember your own name.
And stop using the name your blogging about..Or are you a Wanna Be.
Sorry that you are an idiot!
QUOTE who Sal Dagnone I went to school with Sal Dagnone and brother anthony is not a real winner either. the story of that boy in the cell next to his not so sure how true it is sal just keeps making claims against the state. I am not sure of the whole thing what I do know is Sal was not a good person from 1st grade she would put darts into a sling shot and shot them at people and that was just 1st grade. he got worse from that point on he robbed his scool ps254 also while he was in the school i think that was when we were in the 5th grade he was smoking pot at that time as well his mom was single and had four kids not sure if that is why she could not control him. the point is any claim that is make by sal you cannot trust of course somthing happened an a young man is now dead well to quote if that man had not been in that place he would be alive and well maybe it is just as well he was a mess anyway or as the black's would say a hot mess.
Perry Sal was my friend from like 1980 to 1988 something like that he was a good friend he did good things for his friends buy us food let us hang out in his basement the only thing he did bad was steal cars thats all i remember but all in all he was a good man friend if he did hurt anyone im sure it was in self defence
Terri Hawthorne

Ravena, NY

#100 Sep 5, 2011
Things like this do not only happen in prison,they also happen in nursing homes, group homes,foster homes, in house drug programs or anywhere ind. are placed in a position of being cared for by uncaring and not to brite ind. I have seen a similar situation twice in the town I came from. Not in prison. The ans. is better training, enough staff and better supervision of staff.

What does anyone know about the young man who died other than he was troubled.Had he had seizures prior to being sentenced. Were the seizures caused by a tramatic brain injury? Like someone said earlier. Not all people who have seizures behave the same. If he had a brain injury perhaps that would explain the bad behavior and to all of you who have, who cares attitude would it still be ok if he were brain damaged instead of "bad"
No nazi s here

Paducah, KY

#102 Sep 29, 2011
If that was my relative I would hunt the guards down and have few hundred gay black bikers high on acid rape them until they died of internal hemoraging. Then I would drag thier bodies thru the streets and hunt thier families down and have them raped and slaughtered in a solitary cell. Then I would get even with them. I would let my sick mind find completely discusting ways to eliminate thier whole lineage
Dave

New York, NY

#103 Jan 12, 2013
Perry Brooklyn NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Perry Sal was my friend from like 1980 to 1988 something like that he was a good friend he did good things for his friends buy us food let us hang out in his basement the only thing he did bad was steal cars thats all i remember but all in all he was a good man friend if he did hurt anyone im sure it was in self defence
This is sals brother David if sal was here where would you be talking shit? And if you had any balls you would put you're name up. If you were jail with him would you be talking shit or would you be his bitch?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#104 Jan 13, 2013
educated citizen wrote:
Maybe what people here are forgetting is that people who are incarcerated are just that - PEOPLE. Flesh and blood like you. I suppose you've never done anything morally wrong? I sure hope so, because only that gives you the right to pass judgement on people who are less fortunate than you are. This discussion shows what this world is missing - empathy. That and pity are much better reactions to this story than derision and hatred. These people act like animals because they're treated like animals, not the human beings they are.
The people that are less fortunate are the VICTIMS of these morons. Grow up.
neil and joel

United States

#105 Jan 23, 2013
Perry Brooklyn NY wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be next to him. you people never learn and that is what all the teachers would say about him will never learn and he never has. you so called friend what is franks last name?
kathy

New York, NY

#106 Jan 23, 2013
it dont matter what some one goes to prison for they are human and also deserves medical attention exspecail if they are aware of it.I hope that the prison get sued to there butts show these guard they are not above the law and they lose their jobs all they know how to do is hit on prisoners
Chas Darwin

Enfield, CT

#107 Jan 23, 2013
Wha Wha whaaaaa big talker. Another convict that got what he had coming to him
high horses

New York, NY

#108 Jan 28, 2013
fred wrote:
so many inmates fake seizure, heart problems and mental dis. for attention or drugs that the med staff have to screen the inmate very well. hey if they made a mistake that happens,but if the inmate was their for 2 days w/o any att. im not buying that. i work a special housing unit, and during a course of a day. you have med. staff go through. you have every rank in corr. staff make rounds including civilian deps. you also have counselers, teachers, preachers plus others. your telling me this man laid on the floor for 2 days and no one said anything, im not buying it. ive seen some cruel shit before, but why would so many want to loose a job over it. i believe if he wanted to die he could w/o anybody noticing it. to let some one just seizure that long didnt happen. hay remember hes in the worst place in the state because he was an a-hole. they also have cameras and listeniong devices.lets put it this way. when i get sick icall my dr. or go to the hospital. woops im not in prison. plus as cold hearted as people think we are, thats not the case. i have saved guys who have tried to hang themselves, and believe me when someone turns blue because of the lack of oxygen you hall ass to do what you can. and im one of the biggest pri--s their is. nock on wood. an inmate can kill himself in mins, so if he wants to die he will.
why is it every time something is posted about a prison on here, there is always a co that gets on here to make a bad thing that happens turn into a good thing for the co and its always the inmates fault.Well I realize that no one is perfect INCLUDING co's. So don't try to make out like they are. also cos are not the most intelligent people in the world . give it up.there are a few good ones but a lot of bad ones, not caring unless it involves themselves.Just being abserving.
Emmett Otter

Fort Edward, NY

#110 Jan 28, 2013
kathy wrote:
it dont matter what some one goes to prison for they are human and also deserves medical attention exspecail if they are aware of it.I hope that the prison get sued to there butts show these guard they are not above the law and they lose their jobs all they know how to do is hit on prisoners
What the heck are you talking about???? If you knew anything about this situation or if you read the article you would find out that the COs advocated numerous times for this inmate to get help...the medical staff refused to see or treat him...
not true

New York, NY

#111 Jan 30, 2013
what a waste wrote:
Its amazing that people are actually wasting more internet space on this dead convicted felon. He's dead. Ya aint bringing him back! Why not tell the story of the people he harmed to be put in a super max prison? as I see it one less turd that we (taxpayers) have to pay for. To his parents. Had you done your job as a parent he wouldn't have home to prison and he wouldn't be dead. Harsh but true.
the parents can not always be blamed for the way a child acts. especialy when they are older.there are children that break out and do as they dam well please as they mature, because they are under the thumb. they do not want to take it any more, so they rebell.
another dumb statement.
Hey

New York, NY

#112 Jan 30, 2013
F. all thoses people in prison .they deserve all they get

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Albion prison worker charged in sex case (Mar '09) 1 hr noel 184
News San Francisco 'sanctuary city' policy led to mu... 5 hr tod see the light 2
News McCrary Indicted for Failing to Register 5 hr Lady Godiva 99
News The intersection of illness and incarceration: ... 8 hr wild child 1
News Trump Hammers Rubio: - Zero Credibility,' - Out... 14 hr wild child 1
News El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, NM govern... 18 hr I Hate The French 10
News US puts newest illegal immigrants under more sc... 18 hr wild child 1
More from around the web