Immigration reform has support in Flo...

Immigration reform has support in Florida

There are 24 comments on the St. Petersburg Times story from Jul 14, 2012, titled Immigration reform has support in Florida. In it, St. Petersburg Times reports that:

Florida voters, particularly in immigrant-rich pockets of South and Central Florida, overwhelmingly say they support comprehensive immigration reform that would give people living in the state illegally a pathway to citizenship, according to a new Tampa Bay Times/Miami Herald /Bay News 9 poll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Petersburg Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Shorewood, IL

#1 Jul 14, 2012
The Headlines should read: Enough Fifth Columnists to Force Demands in Florida!
Mike

Shorewood, IL

#2 Jul 14, 2012
How about a headline: Deportation of ALL Illegal Aliens Favored by Majority of American Citizens
A citizen

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Jul 14, 2012
Mike wrote:
How about a headline: Deportation of ALL Illegal Aliens Favored by Majority of American Citizens
I am an Arizona resident currently visiting my family in Florida and this story is a big, fat LIE!!! Nobody I know wants amnesty for illegals...they all want deportation for these criminals...not legalization...you believe this lie I have a bridge in Brooklyn, New York to sell you...it's called the Brooklyn Bridge...and we LOVE our Governor Jan Brewer...the only people who are against her are the illegal-alien criminals and their accomplices...most of Arizona supports her deporting these criminals...90% of crime in Phoenix, Arizona is committed by illegals and 90%+ of the illegals in Phoenix are illegals from Mexico...auto theft went down by 40%+ when she signed SB1070...crime in general went down by 20%+ when she signed SB1070...the criminals fled to California or back to mexico...tell me these criminals are not criminals...
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jul 14, 2012
A citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Arizona resident currently visiting my family in Florida and this story is a big, fat LIE!!! Nobody I know wants amnesty for illegals...they all want deportation for these criminals...not legalization...you believe this lie I have a bridge in Brooklyn, New York to sell you...it's called the Brooklyn Bridge...and we LOVE our Governor Jan Brewer...the only people who are against her are the illegal-alien criminals and their accomplices...most of Arizona supports her deporting these criminals...90% of crime in Phoenix, Arizona is committed by illegals and 90%+ of the illegals in Phoenix are illegals from Mexico...auto theft went down by 40%+ when she signed SB1070...crime in general went down by 20%+ when she signed SB1070...the criminals fled to California or back to mexico...tell me these criminals are not criminals...
Yes! we need a just and reasonable pathway for undocumented hard working people who could pass a background checks that's a fact for Fl and so true for the entire country.

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 14, 2012
Many of the people that were spoken to were not natives to our country, so asking them their point on illegal immigration is pointless, that's like asking a illegal to stay and while your at it finish draining the economy. What a crap of bull article, send the kids packing right alongside their parents packing!
A citizen

Winter Garden, FL

#6 Jul 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! we need a just and reasonable pathway for undocumented hard working people who could pass a background checks that's a fact for Fl and so true for the entire country.
They are not "undocumented"...the y are ILLEGAL...as in "illegal aliens"...and they are not immigrants...the legal definition of an immigrant is someone who LEGALLY immigrated to this country and has a valid green card, valid social security number, and a valid driver license or valid state id card and they have rights...immigrants don't need rights as they already have rights...and illegal aliens are NOT immigrants...an immigrant is a legal alien, and an illegal alien is an alien who is illegal and has NO rights here...especially an illegal alien has absolutely NO right whatsoever to be here and shouldn't be here in the 1st place...federal law SAYS that illegal aliens are to be deported; not rewarded...no rewarding people who broke the law...we are NOT responsible for them...their home countries are responsible for them and their parents...we owe them NOTHING...we did NOT force them to illegally cross our borders to invade our country or to overstay a visa, and steal our jobs and benefits...we are NOT responsible for their predicament and we do not owe them legalization...they belong in their home country...they are trespassing on U.S. soil and are job thieves...they are criminals

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Jul 14, 2012
sure when you ask an illegal alien they are going to say they want shamnesty.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#8 Jul 14, 2012
Senator Marco Rubio on Immigration Reform:

mel101

Mineola, NY

#9 Jul 14, 2012
Give the illegals the opportunity or dont...lets jusy get moving and stop delaying precious time on one topic
mel101

Mineola, NY

#10 Jul 14, 2012
kchibrown38 wrote:
Many of the people that were spoken to were not natives to our country, so asking them their point on illegal immigration is pointless, that's like asking a illegal to stay and while your at it finish draining the economy. What a crap of bull article, send the kids packing right alongside their parents packing!
ignorance dont solve anything but reasoning with common sense does
Mike

Shorewood, IL

#11 Jul 15, 2012
A citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The powers that REALLY control our government have decided that we will be merged with mexico. They see great profit from allowing cheap labor to be subsized by the American citizen.
The Bush family has been working for an NAU since G.H.W. Bush was President and once Rubio gets a foothold it will accelerate the process with Jeb Bush and his mexican sons taking powerful roles in the merger.
They all knew that the American citizen would never agree to having their standard of living lowered and having US sovereignty destroyed, so they have all been working without the American citizen and flooding the country with hispanics.
They are the true enemy of the American citizen.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#12 Jul 15, 2012
What you are seeing is the "Fall of the Republic"... a concerted and historically factual account of how Barack Obama is moving the US away from itself, and into a new global government framework of dictatorial politics:

Wake up America
Usa

Everett, MA

#14 Jul 16, 2012
So, why the people that you voted for don't deport them by the way? Maybe because you don't want to be a dish washer for 7 per hour, isn't true?
A citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not "undocumented"...the y are ILLEGAL...as in "illegal aliens"...and they are not immigrants...the legal definition of an immigrant is someone who LEGALLY immigrated to this country and has a valid green card, valid social security number, and a valid driver license or valid state id card and they have rights...immigrants don't need rights as they already have rights...and illegal aliens are NOT immigrants...an immigrant is a legal alien, and an illegal alien is an alien who is illegal and has NO rights here...especially an illegal alien has absolutely NO right whatsoever to be here and shouldn't be here in the 1st place...federal law SAYS that illegal aliens are to be deported; not rewarded...no rewarding people who broke the law...we are NOT responsible for them...their home countries are responsible for them and their parents...we owe them NOTHING...we did NOT force them to illegally cross our borders to invade our country or to overstay a visa, and steal our jobs and benefits...we are NOT responsible for their predicament and we do not owe them legalization...they belong in their home country...they are trespassing on U.S. soil and are job thieves...they are criminals
A citizen

Winter Garden, FL

#15 Jul 16, 2012
Usa wrote:
So, why the people that you voted for don't deport them by the way? Maybe because you don't want to be a dish washer for 7 per hour, isn't true?<quoted text>
EXCUSE ME???!!! I've done farmwork and fieldwork, factory work, warehouse work and convenience-store-cashier work...you can't tell me that U.S. citizens,[and I am NOT talking about anchor babies, but REAL citizens], will not do field work and farm work...I did field work and farm work for 12+ years...until I got a better job...I was not ashamed to get my hands dirty to feed my kids and pay the rent...illegal alien criminals come here illegally because they have ZERO respect for the laws of the U.S. and to steal our jobs and sell drugs and freeload off U.S. taxpayer dollars in the form of the benefits that these criminals steal...I know what I've seen and experience...I worked elbow to elbow with these criminals in the field and other places...I've seen the crimes these criminals commit and the anchor babies they deliberately and intentionally have on U.S. soil just to get welfare and food stamps and public housing...and they laugh about it and make fun of us Americans as being too stupid and gullible to stop them...they ALL need to be deported and permanently barred from this country for the rest of these criminals lives...deportation, not legalization...for these criminals...

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 16, 2012
mel101 wrote:
<quoted text> ignorance dont solve anything but reasoning with common sense does
shamensty doesn't work either, ignorance is not knowing I know to well, amensty does not work either look at the travesty of 1986 how many of these do we need untill enough is enough. Iam within full reasoning and common sense should tell you and everyone else they need to be deported along side their parents I don't pity their situtions fix what's wrong don't try to make us fix what's not broken here just leave. These stories are becoming to common heard them all before WHO CARES!
A citizen

Winter Garden, FL

#17 Jul 16, 2012
kchibrown38 wrote:
<quoted text> shamensty doesn't work either, ignorance is not knowing I know to well, amensty does not work either look at the travesty of 1986 how many of these do we need untill enough is enough. Iam within full reasoning and common sense should tell you and everyone else they need to be deported along side their parents I don't pity their situtions fix what's wrong don't try to make us fix what's not broken here just leave. These stories are becoming to common heard them all before WHO CARES!
My hubby at the time was part of the 1986 IRCA amnesty...70%+ of the applications were FRAUDULENT...we saw CRIMINALS get the amnesty...after that, these former criminals called all their friends and relatives south of the border and told them to hightail it up here illegally and to lay low until the stupid, gullible gringos would give them another amnesty...that is WHY I am dead-set against another amnesty for these ungrateful criminals...deport all of them and their anchor babies too...
Idk

Arlington, VA

#18 Jul 16, 2012
A citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
What jobs are they stealing? Jobs that your lazy butt doesn't wanna do bcuz of the low wages and dangerous conditions?
Idk

Arlington, VA

#19 Jul 16, 2012
A citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

Arizona's economy also went down After signing sb1070. Did you know that.
Arizona has lost $217m in spending by conference visitors and $388m in economic output.
Mike

Shorewood, IL

#20 Jul 16, 2012
Idk wrote:
<quoted text>
Arizona's economy also went down After signing sb1070. Did you know that.
Arizona has lost $217m in spending by conference visitors and $388m in economic output.
So are you trying to convince us that conference visitors stopped going to Arizona because they don't want illegal aliens?

Chicago, IL

#21 Jul 16, 2012
Idk wrote:
<quoted text>
What jobs are they stealing? Jobs that your lazy butt doesn't wanna do bcuz of the low wages and dangerous conditions?
illegals have brought what was fairly decent paying jobs below living wages, why in the devils hell should anyone work for below minium wage??? Clearly these certain set of people have surpressed our economy so bad many working class people have lost homes due to americans who can not get a livable wage job, illegals and immigrants are now being explotied for cheap labor who lives like that??? But a bunch of uneducated, undetermined and demoralized people not to say they are bad people but the wave of them is crushing the nation. For you to call americans lazy your crazy why in the world should we now start settling for less because of you??? Just know the spot light has been put on the issue its just a matter of time american will be heard first, this is insane

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeff Duncan: Liberate Cuba, Don't Enrich Castro... 1 hr LIGERRACISTA 2
News Ukraine Crisis Facts Bring Discord to U.S. Migh... 1 hr Enter 894
News NBC dumps Donald Trump 1 hr Typical Liberal S... 4
News Eternal Shame to 'America,' Germany and Europe 4 hr Pro Ukraine 293
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... 8 hr Angel 3
News Trump won't back down on immigration; protester... 11 hr tod see the light 9
News Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigat... (Apr '10) 11 hr Answers 399
More from around the web