2016 'Christian Party' Presidential C...

2016 'Christian Party' Presidential Candidate Calls for More God & Family, Less LGBT Rights

There are 41 comments on the EDGE story from May 5, 2014, titled 2016 'Christian Party' Presidential Candidate Calls for More God & Family, Less LGBT Rights. In it, EDGE reports that:

The owner of a professional engineering consulting firm and author of a book about prayer has announced his candidacy for the 2016 presidential race, running on a platform that would do away with separation of church and state, enforce mandatory Bible study and Christian parenting classes, essentially ban abortion, limit divorce and do away with ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Larry

Richardson, TX

#1 May 5, 2014
He would never make it. Throw in the towel now.
And how about just the right to be treated with respect. And judge not let the be judged. Is that to much to ask. Again he will never make it. To Homophobia.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2 May 5, 2014
According to his platform, he's going to make Christianity the National Religion......ummm, which one? He also plans on criminalizing adultery......well, have the Christians would be jailed and the other half would be jailed for abortions.......yep, NOT happening!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3 May 5, 2014
By the way.......the man appears to be out of touch with reality and must have thought that Hitler was a decent guy!!!

Also this Country was NOT founded on the bible, God or religion!!!

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 May 5, 2014
From the story: "Darrell felt Godís calling to develop the campaign platform three years ago ..."

Excuse me, Darrell ... I don't know how to tell you this, but what you felt wasn't "God's calling", it was a pocket of escaping gas bumping up against your hemorrhoids on it's way out ...
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#5 May 5, 2014
Feed him to the lions
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZDKEyB3pbn0/UovSdQT... !!!!!!!!!!lion.jpg

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 May 5, 2014
Man....that's some serious crazy...
Fox News

San Lorenzo, CA

#7 May 5, 2014
Anyone that unapologetically right-wing deserves our unconditional endorsement. His Palinesque last name is merely icing on the Christian cake.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 May 5, 2014
He'll get 6 or 7 votes.

NEXT story.
Xstain Mullah Franchisee

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 5, 2014
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
From the story: "Darrell felt Godís calling to develop the campaign platform three years ago ..."
Yeah, yeah, we know all that, but what was his stage name when he was presumably a female impersonator back in the day?
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#10 May 5, 2014
Oh, thank goodness. Now Sarah Palin won't carry the burden of providing all the crazy. Joke writers are already celebrating. I know I am.
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#11 May 5, 2014
Xstain Mullah Franchisee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, we know all that, but what was his stage name when he was presumably a female impersonator back in the day?
Oops. You're replying to the wrong story.
david traversa

Capilla Del Monte, Argentina

#13 May 5, 2014
And why not God and family PLUS lgtb rights ? Just another silly, selfish Pseudo ..
Xstain Mullah Franchisee

Philadelphia, PA

#14 May 5, 2014
Sir Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. You're replying to the wrong story.
Oh ye of little, buxom Faith.
Xstain Mullah Franchisee

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
Man....that's some serious crazy...
Except the Supreme Court essentially agreed with his core premise this week in its decision on opening government meetings.

OTOH, as you said, that's some serious crazy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#16 May 6, 2014
No...let him go the distance! He'll end up in such debt that he'll never climb out of the hole he digs. Let him be as fiscally bankrupt as he is mentally.
Larry wrote:
He would never make it. Throw in the towel now.
And how about just the right to be treated with respect. And judge not let the be judged. Is that to much to ask. Again he will never make it. To Homophobia.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17 May 6, 2014
Gives a whole new meaning to the song "Onward Christian Soldiers". This guy is a lunatic.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#18 May 6, 2014
He won't go very far when he can't even uphold the 1st amendment. Idiot!
Scary

Beverly, MA

#19 May 7, 2014
One can only hope that there are not enough people like Darrell Trigg to get very far with this kind of political movement. But when you think about it, I am sure there were a lot of Muslims that thought the crazy extremists claiming to be the true representatives of Islam were not going to get very far. It is 2014 and we are still dealing with crap associated with extreme religious behaviors like the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, & Holy Wars.

Everyday I try to have a positive outlook for humanity's future and then I read something like this about some "Christian" nutjob & pretty sure we are backsliding as a species.

What is scary is that I know too many people who think like Darrell Trigg and they will jump at the chance to support him. If he gets an audience with CBN and Fox it will gain some momentum.

I think I just threw up a little bit...

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#20 May 7, 2014
Forcing Christianity on people? Wow! It will be interesting to see how many more lunatics there are in America. You'll find that out by seeing how many votes he gets.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#22 May 7, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No difference than forcing homosexuality on people. You freaks will be put in your place sooner or later.
No one's forcing anything on you, drama queen. In the meantime, "our place" is right at the big table along with everyone else, and you're right ... we will get there, but sooner rather than later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cruel and Unusual? Dying in solitary in a New Y... (Dec '08) 3 hr Scott I Am 122
News DA Files Charges in Multi-Million-Dollar Invest... (Mar '15) 17 hr La Jolla Resident 27
News Sessions: Comey Fired for 'Error' in Handling C... 17 hr Hush Fat Boy 24
News Our Opinion: Tupelo moves to leading edge with ... (Dec '15) 18 hr Lol 10
News MO: Dent County Man Indicted on Federal Drug Di... (Sep '09) 19 hr Guest 34
News Little Falls Woman Has 'Escape' Added to Her Li... 21 hr Abuse 23
News Ontario man found guilty in scheme to supply U.... 22 hr Vet 1
More from around the web