Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year

Apr 1, 2010 Full story: The Meredith News 362

As spring eases into April, memories of the May 10, 2009 murder of school nurse and mother of five, Stacey Burns, come to the fore.

Full Story
dog

Moultonborough, NH

#209 Sep 1, 2013
Thats the problem, this was just another case of an abusive marriage that ended w/ a nasty trial that found the abuser at fault for the breakdown of the marriage. When there is a 'winner' in a divorce as opposed to an irreconsibl difference finding where things are divided 50/50 you end up with an abusive,angry and predictable result. Three women a day are murdered by their husbands in America.This is not complicated, not a conspirency and not a mistery. I might also add that when planned out and exacuted properly many not only get away with it but also get their shit back to boot.So far it's Eddie 4 (house,life ins,kids and pension) the state 0 but it ain't over. All this talk about police conspirency,sex clubs, drugs,good times and rock & roll are B.S.
Whatever

Silver Lake, NH

#210 Sep 1, 2013
Wow you seem to be pretty up on all of this ! You have a point! Three women aday are murdered by there husband or you forgot boyfriends!!
ever

Moultonborough, NH

#211 Sep 1, 2013
Joe Ebert, a detective on this case told me "who ever did this, they did not mean for those kids to find their mother like that" Ebert is either a liar or a fool. I don't believe he's a fool. And that alone say's a lot about the killer. I have lived this case for 1,543 days, I know all about the childhood suffering of "Crazy Eddie Burns" he is one sick individual.
The Emperor is naked

United States

#212 Sep 2, 2013
crystal vision wrote:
LETS HEAR MORE OF YOUR THEORIES PLEASE... what is being covered up? what would be exposed by arresting the killer whom ever it is?murder is murder so lets talk in the open and put a fire under it!
<quoted text>
The truth has been out there for 4 years yet no one wants to believe it. Yet Roberta Miller wrote about it on a court document prior to her death. A book was written about it before these murders took place (the DA's office has a copy). A district attorney effectively resigned a week after arresting a suspect in the Exeter murder that fits the same profile as both Wolfeboro connected murders. A connected lawyer was suspended 3 weeks after the Burns murder. No arrests have been made despite the police claiming they know who killed Stacy Burns. Investigations require asking questions, cover-ups don't.
The Emperor is naked

United States

#213 Sep 2, 2013
dog wrote:
Thats the problem, this was just another case of an abusive marriage that ended w/ a nasty trial that found the abuser at fault for the breakdown of the marriage. When there is a 'winner' in a divorce as opposed to an irreconsibl difference finding where things are divided 50/50 you end up with an abusive,angry and predictable result. Three women a day are murdered by their husbands in America.This is not complicated, not a conspirency and not a mistery. I might also add that when planned out and exacuted properly many not only get away with it but also get their shit back to boot.So far it's Eddie 4 (house,life ins,kids and pension) the state 0 but it ain't over. All this talk about police conspirency,sex clubs, drugs,good times and rock & roll are B.S.
Apparently you have it all figured out. Nice and clean and in line with the politically correct mind set. Try taking the blinders off before you too fall victim to the pied pipers music.
imlistening

Moultonborough, NH

#214 Sep 2, 2013
What book ? what DA ? what lawyer ? what Exeter murder ? Burns was stabbed (personal), Miller shot (a hit)? where is the connection ?
imlistening

Moultonborough, NH

#215 Sep 2, 2013
There is a reward for info in Millers case, not in Burns case. The only connection between these two are Wolfeboro and N.H.
Big

Concord, NH

#216 Sep 2, 2013
Lil mert needs to go to work.
The Emperor is naked

Indian Head, MD

#217 Sep 3, 2013
imlistening wrote:
What book ? what DA ? what lawyer ? what Exeter murder ? Burns was stabbed (personal), Miller shot (a hit)? where is the connection ?
The motive is the connection. Ask the police what book. Google Exeter murder; DA's resignation comes 6 days later. Re-read these posts, the lawyers name is revealed and much more. The truth is right in front of you.
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

#218 Sep 5, 2013
Jen Haskel represented both Stacey & Bobbie, she beat Ed but the Miller case was a draw. Ed's motive was money AND (being a sociopath) revange for exposing who he is(abusive and a liar). I think Gary Miller hired a hit because Bobbie knew too much (he was into some shady stuff) Wolfeboro is a small town, Haskel is popular and good at winning, she did her job. You can't blame her any more then you can blame judge Patten for denying Stacey her restraining order. The reason we haven't seen an arrest is simple, the state of N.H. NEVER brings a challenging case, If they don't have eye witnesses and or confessions forget about it. They arrested David McCloude 3 years ago (1980 Hina family arson murder) and because he won't confess they won't go to trial. The states last deal w/ him was "you confess and we will send you home w/ time served" he said NO, He's going to sue our asses.
Thedevilsadvocat e

United States

#219 Sep 7, 2013
Attorney Haskel has had her problems but two former clients killed is very bad luck and nothing more. This is not a cover-up and Ed's lawyer being suspended three weeks after Stacy's murder is coincidental. The district attorney made a choice not to accept a 2nd term and the timing a week after an arrest was made in the Exeter murder was simply bad timing. How dare anyone suggest that these murders were some how connected to the lawyers that toil in NH family law. These are hard working men and women dedicated to their profession and not some division of organized crime that preys on marriage and children. That aforementioned book is libelous and it's author should be arrested. That's why the DA's office has dismissed it and why you should too. These murders are unfortunate events but not connected to each other or a conspiracy. Trust Me and stop questioning our injustice systems integrity.
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

#220 Sep 12, 2013
I wasn't suprised when Scott Gilbert reacted to my constant complaining about this investigation or should I say lack of an investigation, he's a control freak,narcissistic,power hungry jerk.But when the senior assistant attorney general Jeff Strelzin contacts me on F.B. spewing his 'evidence against me' w/ his own spin! I was suprised. In the end Stacey may be better off waiting until these two children move on and hope someday some adults get ahold of this case.
HWB

Brookeville, MD

#221 Sep 20, 2013
FYI: I wrote the book “The Truth about Divorce…” prior to these murders and it was based upon my experience going through a New Hampshire divorce from Hell. If what I’m reading is accurate, then the same very powerful Wolfeboro law firm played a role in both Wolfeboro murder victims’ divorces as well as my Wolfeboro divorce. Three divorces from Hell; two resulting in murder and the other resulting in allegations of criminal behavior on the part of the lawyers involved (5) is not likely a coincidence. Yet not a word is ever mentioned about this connection from the authorities; why? Over this past Labor Day weekend my daughter said to me “dad, I feel like I was born unlucky”. She wasn’t, she was the victim of a criminal organization known as the New Hampshire family law system that bankrupted me and harmed her future. Yet every attempt to obtain justice has been thwarted at every turn (lawyers protecting lawyers protecting themselves). However, the real crime is in the willingness of the people of New Hampshire and its leaders to turn a blind eye to these criminals.“Live Free or Die” is a statement of action and courage, and I have seen very little of that thus far.
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

#222 Sep 21, 2013
Lawyers are greedy narcissistic dirtbags and police are not all that smart, they can and do lie. (just not in court) these are facts we must live with. However we have a woman full of holes all bleed out on the floor and 5 kids that then were abused by the killer for 4 years. This DID NOT need to happen. The AG is the person responsible for not doing their job. First it was Kelly Ayotte then it was Michael Delany and now it's Joe Foster. Without an eyewitness and or a confession no arrest will ever come because AG'S are only temps on the way to a senate seat and can not take the chance of losing case or their future is over.These are the facts and we have to live w/ them.
staceysfriend

Moultonborough, NH

#223 Sep 23, 2013
Steven Roland solved this case 4 years ago, then he retired. Strelzin and Foster could care less. They think about it just before mothersday every year and come up with a new lie to pacify the public.
Jvdidit

Manchester, NH

#224 Sep 25, 2013
Steve Roland solved the case? They all know Jim Vittum is the murderer but they only have circumstantial evidence. Not enough with reasonable doubt. Especially with her crazy ex! Have no fear.... He will mess up! Let's just pray he does not take
Another life. Just ask him about his recent arrest for the loaded unregistered gun in his car.
Scott Gilbert

Moultonborough, NH

#225 Sep 25, 2013
This is now a cold case. Who ever did it got away with it. Justice delayed is justice denied. Add Bobbie Miller & Celina Cass and you have 126 unsolved N.H. murders in 35 years. The major crimes unit needs more money, thats the answer.
HWB

Elizabeth, NJ

#226 Sep 28, 2013
Scott Gilbert wrote:
This is now a cold case. Who ever did it got away with it. Justice delayed is justice denied. Add Bobbie Miller & Celina Cass and you have 126 unsolved N.H. murders in 35 years. The major crimes unit needs more money, thats the answer.
If Jim Vitum or a 3rd party is guilty of this murder then the investigation ends there. If Ed Burns is guilty of this murder then it opens up the possibility that others are guilty as well. It is my understanding that when someone “knowingly” engages in a crime that leads to another more serious crime, that person is guilty of both crimes. When those alleged crimes are being committed by some of the most powerful persons in New Hampshire then we have a problem. No amount of money thrown at this problem will solve these crimes when the powers that be have a stake in the outcome. The “serious crimes” that were committed in my divorce have been covered up, why should I or anyone else believe similar crimes wouldn’t also be covered up when it involves murder? Investigations require asking questions and I’m open to answering legitimate questions involving what occurred in my divorce that would lead me to believe the Stacy Burns murder is connected. My name should not be unfamiliar to this office as this material known as “The Truth about Divorce” was written by me.
Junkies get Victimized

Wolfeboro, NH

#227 Sep 28, 2013
Why do known Drug Junkies get victimized after they have overdosed? They did their selling, using, and abusing yet if they OD they are the ones everyone feels bad for? What for? Cause they were stupid enough to OD instead of people putting them in jail? Everyone knows a JUNNKIE will either get jail or death. Do not make a junkie who OD's a victim. They were a participant in the game. In games you win or lose. A junkie mostly loses.
The Resistance

Wolfeboro, NH

#228 Sep 30, 2013
Scott Gilbert wrote:
Not money but some of our elected "leaders" riding their butts to get something done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 35 min scirocco 439
Cuba releases American Alan Gross in swap 4 hr Kenn 9
Race an issue for Hazleton mayoral candidate 6 hr frozen pipes 4
Missing OCCC work furlough inmate arrested in K... 7 hr American_Infidel 1
Former US Rep. Rick Renzi reports to prison for... 11 hr Cat74 7
You've Probably Never Heard of America's Worst ... 15 hr medioguarddia 2
Millcreek athlete gets state prison term 17 hr Sweet Pete 12
More from around the web