County attorney considering charge against nurse

Mar 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKYT

A county attorney says he's investigating a complaint from Kentucky State Police that a jail nurse refused to release a trooper from the facility for more than an hour.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ummm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

It's simple the state boy needs to get the sand out of his vigina
ba ba black sheep

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

well wrote:
He could have left he just had to take the inmate with him and to the hospital. Seems pretty simple to me
That's what usually happens. I think if this had not been a rookie trooper, it would have got ugly if this LPN aka wanna be nurse would not let him leave. Lesson learned for this rookie.
Curious

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

ba ba black sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what usually happens. I think if this had not been a rookie trooper, it would have got ugly if this LPN aka wanna be nurse would not let him leave. Lesson learned for this rookie.
I hope it's an LPN 'wanna be nurse' that has to save your pathetic ass one day.
hum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Lpn's.have a lot more.clinical, and hands.on experience than RN's do just saying.
Mr Helper

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

ba ba black sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The shift commander could have told the trooper they would not accept him and the inmate needed to be taken to the hospital for clearance. Not hold the trooper in the jail!!!!!
The newspaper report stated the trooper already had a clearance from a physician with him. How much more clearance would you suggest he have?
There is more to this than meets the eye
what

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

What happened? I know a nurse gave a patient lots of morphine. And the patient said he raped her. And the county attorney said there was no evidence to proscute the nurse.
ba ba black sheep

Henderson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>I hope it's an LPN 'wanna be nurse' that has to save your pathetic ass one day.
I sure hope not!! Give me a real nurse!!!
ba ba black sheep

Henderson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Mr Helper wrote:
<quoted text>The newspaper report stated the trooper already had a clearance from a physician with him. How much more clearance would you suggest he have?
There is more to this than meets the eye
If that's the case, the jail had no reason at all to keep the trooper there until they gave him clearance that they would keep the inmate. The jail and the nurse should be held accountable for this.
LPN

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

ba ba black sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope not!! Give me a real nurse!!!
Wow u really are an idiot
ba ba black sheep

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

LPN wrote:
<quoted text>Wow u really are an idiot
Nope...just honest!
confused

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

hum wrote:
Lpn's.have a lot more.clinical, and hands.on experience than RN's do just saying.
WHAT?!?!?!?! Are you seriously trying to tell me that an LPN has more experience than an RN??? Evidently you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about! The RN has to go to school longer than an LPN and also has to complete a lot more clinical hours than LPNs do.
LPN

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?!?!?!?! Are you seriously trying to tell me that an LPN has more experience than an RN??? Evidently you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about! The RN has to go to school longer than an LPN and also has to complete a lot more clinical hours than LPNs do.
Actually an LPN completes 156 clinical hours and an RN has 120.
A Thought

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Oh nice, now we have a battle of the blood pressure cuff, who can pronounce the biggest diagnostic word and who's butt looks best in scrubs! Get a massive grip!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Another red dot on our county in the state house.
LPN

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

A Thought wrote:
Oh nice, now we have a battle of the blood pressure cuff, who can pronounce the biggest diagnostic word and who's butt looks best in scrubs! Get a massive grip!
Well mine does of course.
LEO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

well wrote:
He could have left he just had to take the inmate with him and to the hospital. Seems pretty simple to me
He had already been to the hospital with him and the doctor had given medical clearance. The nurse was trying to over ride the doctor's orders. dont't think she can do that either. You are right about one point you made though, Does sound pretty simple.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

There must have been something wrong or the paperwork was not in order. I do not blame the nurse for not taking resposibility for the inmate until matters where cleared up. It should have been taken care of and been in order before the trooper brought him and he wouldn't have to wait. Nothing will come of this they know they were in the wrong. If I was the nurse I'd file a complaint.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the RNs are trained by the LPNs. The LPNs come out of school prepared with knowledge and skills. The RNs work is hard but are trained more in the art of pencil pushing,such as care plans and such to help deal with the bureaucracy of medicaid/medicare. LPNs have to have done every skill AT LEAST once to graduate while an RN is not required to. You would be surprised at how incompetent your nurse may actually be.

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

disagree wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the RNs are trained by the LPNs. The LPNs come out of school prepared with knowledge and skills. The RNs work is hard but are trained more in the art of pencil pushing,such as care plans and such to help deal with the bureaucracy of medicaid/medicare. LPNs have to have done every skill AT LEAST once to graduate while an RN is not required to. You would be surprised at how incompetent your nurse may actually be.
Someone finally gettin it right..The only true differences between a RN and a LPN is 1) The pay..2)RNs have to turn the pumps on when giving blood- the other 99% of blood transfusion is done by the LPN..3) LPNs are all about skills..RNs is all about theory and chart documentation..
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Anyway you put it,they are hot!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••