Inmate Dies Following Stabbing at ECI

Inmate Dies Following Stabbing at ECI

There are 75 comments on the www.wboc.com story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Inmate Dies Following Stabbing at ECI. In it, www.wboc.com reports that:

Maryland corrections officials say one inmate died and another was injured in a stabbing at the Eastern Correctional Institution in Westover.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wboc.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HaveASonatECI

Laurel, MD

#68 May 17, 2010
St Lukes House wrote:
<quoted text>
If he goes to Heaven, God will bless him with plenty of good cornholing there too. I was amazed that some of the latin kings, surreno-13 and vice lords have been hanging around our school and training center on Southport Drive near Cheshire Drive here in Bethesda, Maryland harassing our elderly ladies and asking for money. Deport the latinobums and let them rot in the sewers in guatamala or mexico. Langley Park is a garbage dump because of the latinobums and sp--s taking over our land. I want to make mention that I have been a staffer for over three years now and a number of my clients live in a neighborhood where latinobums are harrassing and intimidating our American elderly women and pandhandling. Crime is rampant in the low income Section 8 neighborhoods and many of my clients have told me and the other staff here in Saint Lukes House on 6040 Southport Drive off of Cheshire Drive in Bethesda, Maryland that they want out and in a better neighborhood. The latinobums are causing trouble and they need to be deported and hanged from a tree because I say so too.
Are you really this ignorant? We are talking about ECI inmates and helping our family members who have made bad choices but are good people. Your first comment is offensive and so are you.
Concerned Grandmother

United States

#69 May 25, 2010
Peace be with you wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be his voice and let other know what's going on. I don't know how to make the changes needed but I hope by getting the word out someone up high will do something. We live in a cruel world and some people don't deserve what they been sentence to.
The little guy who can't afford a lawyer and his family can't afford the 60 thousand to hire a lawyer because of all the charges they put on him does get done wrong. Your told take the plea or we will atleast get one charge to stick and you will do more time.
The lawyer he had never came to talk to him and get his side. How can he defend him. This is what is happening and unless people talk we will not know what is really going on.
I never cared before because I came from a family that lived by the laws. I never thought this would happen to my family. One day someone made a bad choice and with family not living there we had know idea this was going on. We were mad, and felt he messed up, do the time.
What we found out is he didn't do everything the media printed. The lawyer who talked to the family said he would get 3-5 yrs for drug charge for a first time. Of course, our family wanted to get him in rehab but that didn't happen. He received 15 yrs for first time criminal offense and is house with the murder.
The only person in control of our life is god. I hope he learns his lesson and I hope somewhere down the road they will treat people with a drug problem different.
The point I want to make is, let your voice be heard. I never cared but I do now as it has affected my family and someday will affect your family
if it already hasn't.
I hope you can find peace and my prayers go out to you and the family.
I have written to the Warden, assistant wardens, the chief security officer, and the prison commissioner. I will keep on writing until I get an answer. A comment was posted that the general public has no idea what the staff puts up with everyday, evidently written by a staff member. My response is, if you can;t take the heat get out of the kitchen. Most of the inmates are there because of deviant behavior that society decided they have had enough,but the fact remains, not all the inmates are gang members and don't want to be. Why are they allowed to continue their anti-social behavior behind bars when that type of behavior is what got them there in the first place.
Concerned Wife

AOL

#70 Jul 5, 2010
Wow how i read all of thesecomments that are mostly so true from the ones who did or do have someone at E.C.I. My husband has been there now for a year and has a ten year sentence. And let me tell it first hand. The Warden who just happens to be a female is well lets just say she needs to be fired from her job thats for sure. Cause she dame sure can't run E.C.I. prison thats for sure. And second the C.O.'s well let's just say they are dirty and ignorante as hell. They act like these men in E.C.I. aren't humans. I mean come on no matter what they did tho get themselves there they a still a human. Every time I speak to my husband now since the summer is here all he tells me is how a another guy gets stabbed up everyday like clock work. So I'm sorry but yeah the Warden and the C.O.'s dont do shit to makethings better. Hell every time a immate try's to write up town to Reisterstown Rd, MD to make a commplant the C.O.'s manage to not let the letter leave the mail room. Hell just last week they turned the electric off for the day saying oh it's energy conservation day. Like seriously give me a F---ing break. It was like 90 degress and above and this is how you treat other humans. They are still people and don't deserve to be treated like that with out a fan while the Warden and C.O.'s and office people sat in the A.C. all day. The crap they are doing down there is way outta line. And never have I ever imagined this prison to be this bad since they claaim its rated number one prison in Maryland. Yeah right what a F---ing joke. Jessup and Hagerstown in way better then E.C.I. Just like visits are to start at 8:30am hell half the time your lucky if they let you in the door by 9am. And the way they let some people in with clothes and other because of their weight is just rude and ignorate as I don't know what. I mean dame come on if u got a shirt on coving you boobs and jeans or capris on overing your butt how much sexing do you realy think we will do by the time some one when over the plex glass border wall you would be on the imate like white on rice. It's like dame get a life. I just pray for my husband to be safe along with anybody else who may have family or a husband at E.C.I. cause they treat everyone in therelike animals instead of men who made mistakes.
Home town

United States

#71 Jul 10, 2010
I'sorry for your loss of love one. Man can kill the body but, if your in right relationship with God man can't touch your soul. Absent from the body is present with the Lord. One thing those gaurds and imates will answer to God one day soon. You can't run and you can't hide
makysha williams

Salisbury, MD

#72 Jul 14, 2010
I believe non violent and violent prisoners should be separate. Another problem is that when violent men are released from ECI they stay in the local communities and committ more crimes. They are supposed to return to their place of residence, but they get involved with women who live in the prison area. This is how they remain in the area after serving time.
Also, I believe the explosion of drug use and adults who were born addicted to drugs have a lot to do with the increase in violent crimes and the meanness that is present in society. Since the 70's, American society has gotten worse due to drugs.
Debby

Dewitt, MI

#73 Jul 16, 2010
My man just got to ECI last week and I still have not heard from him and this talk terrifies me! He is supposed to be on the PC unit because past threats to him.

Does anybody know anything about the PC unit?
Concerned

Strasburg, PA

#74 Sep 2, 2010
Concerned Wife wrote:
Wow how i read all of thesecomments that are mostly so true from the ones who did or do have someone at E.C.I. My husband has been there now for a year and has a ten year sentence. And let me tell it first hand. The Warden who just happens to be a female is well lets just say she needs to be fired from her job thats for sure. Cause she dame sure can't run E.C.I. prison thats for sure. And second the C.O.'s well let's just say they are dirty and ignorante as hell. They act like these men in E.C.I. aren't humans. I mean come on no matter what they did tho get themselves there they a still a human. Every time I speak to my husband now since the summer is here all he tells me is how a another guy gets stabbed up everyday like clock work. So I'm sorry but yeah the Warden and the C.O.'s dont do shit to makethings better. Hell every time a immate try's to write up town to Reisterstown Rd, MD to make a commplant the C.O.'s manage to not let the letter leave the mail room. Hell just last week they turned the electric off for the day saying oh it's energy conservation day. Like seriously give me a F---ing break. It was like 90 degress and above and this is how you treat other humans. They are still people and don't deserve to be treated like that with out a fan while the Warden and C.O.'s and office people sat in the A.C. all day. The crap they are doing down there is way outta line. And never have I ever imagined this prison to be this bad since they claaim its rated number one prison in Maryland. Yeah right what a F---ing joke. Jessup and Hagerstown in way better then E.C.I. Just like visits are to start at 8:30am hell half the time your lucky if they let you in the door by 9am. And the way they let some people in with clothes and other because of their weight is just rude and ignorate as I don't know what. I mean dame come on if u got a shirt on coving you boobs and jeans or capris on overing your butt how much sexing do you realy think we will do by the time some one when over the plex glass border wall you would be on the imate like white on rice. It's like dame get a life. I just pray for my husband to be safe along with anybody else who may have family or a husband at E.C.I. cause they treat everyone in therelike animals instead of men who made mistakes.
Hi I'm reading all this information regarding ECI and praying that none of this is true. Recently a family member was sentence to go to this facility. Again I'm praying that this is not true. Also how are the visit at this place. Is it direct contact or behind a glass wall. Unsure of everything about this place please give me some details.
Nikita RIA Horton

Baltimore, MD

#76 Mar 5, 2012
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT I LOVED TY FOR YEARS AND HE LOVED ME AND EVEN THOUGH I FOUND OUT LATER THAN OTHERS MY HEART FELL TO THE FLOOR. I SENT HIM A LETTER AND WHEN I RECEIVED IT BACK IT SAID DECEASED!! TY WAS A LOVELY AND FUNNY,HANDSOME PERSON. I DON'T PLAN TO SAY ALOT BECAUSE WE BOTH KNOW WHERE I'LL HEARTS ARE!!!!!
Lee Parks

Lincolnton, NC

#77 Mar 17, 2012
If you behave like a man, you will not have to be in jail. If not go get stabbed, this is an idea to get trash off the street.
tina

Salisbury, MD

#78 Jun 21, 2012
My husband is at ECI-ANNEX . I'm so sorry for your loss Robin. I had no idea that these type things we're happening in there. I just got to Salisbury'MD Wed. a.m. to be up here closer to him and be able to visit. I'm worried to death now . My husband is young and only has 5 yrs. I'm from N.C. and since he's been up here i have recieved very little contact at all from him. I've never been to MD> and hopr to find work up here .I was homeless at home and now am homeless in MD. but at least I can see the only love I've ever known twice a wk. That gives me some incentive to work hard for him and I.If there is anything that " WE " as wives , mothers, girlfriends etc.... can do to insure better and safer conditions for our loved ones then we all need to come together and get it for our boys !!!! God Bless each and every oe of us and them ,kep them safe till their debt can be paid and they are returned home to us again ! Tomorrow I finally get to see my husband for the first time in almost 4 months !!!! Thank God and the churches at home for getting me my ticket up here. We all need to join forces to see that something is done for these guys .
tina

Salisbury, MD

#79 Jun 21, 2012
First off let me say that I'm so sorry for the loss of your love !!! My husband is at ECI_ANNEX and has a five yr. sentence. I just got to MD. thhis wed. and am looking so forward to visiting with my husband on Fri.! It has been almost 4 months since I saw him > We've only been married a little over a yr. and he has been in jail or prison since Dec. I'm from N.C. and had no idea that there was this kind of violence in these prison systems. My daughter and myself have been homeless since he was locked up .She now resides with her father in N.C. until I / we can get back on our feet . I came up here to be close to him and support him . His mother does nothing for him and he has nobody else to rely upon ! I'm here and homeless looking for work so that he can have what he needs in yhere til' he gets out. It terrifies me to think that so many guys are getting stabbed and killed in this prison system and none of the authorities are doing anyhting to make them safer ! They are in there to repay a debt. Not give their lives for the entertainment or neglegence of the people in control in there :guards,etc.... We all need to join together and fight for our guys and get these faulty laws or crowded beds or whatever taken care of to ensure that their conditions are human . There is alot of pressure on them to join gangs or do other unklawful things in order to be " left alone " ! It is a shame that the officials have no more concern for the rules of their job , that they we're sworn in to uphold. My prayers and thoughts are with anyone who has a loved one in prison . " if only the walls could talk !!!!!! " God Bless each and every one of us and our loved ones incarcerated . Keep them safe Lord !!!
dee

Delmar, MD

#80 Jun 26, 2012
Mindi wrote:
Sonia, my heart goes out to you. I cant even imagine what you have been going through. I worry about my man there every minute of every day. I hope you have found some peace.
i am sorry what your going through. he probably had the knife just in case someone tried to stab him, being so many stabbings were going on. my prayers are with you and his family.
Debbie

La Plata, MD

#81 Aug 24, 2012
Tina - you need to go home and put your child first.
WIFEY 411

Washington, DC

#82 Sep 21, 2012
My husband was just tranfered to ECI can someone please give me some insite on that place this is my first time being away from him im goin crazy worrin myself sick for his safty with the things i hear about gangs there please someone give me some feedback THANKZ
WIFEY 411

Washington, DC

#83 Sep 27, 2012
EX-CO wrote:
I was in hu2, hu5, and hu8.
MY HUSBAND IS IN DORCHESTER BULD. DO U HAVE ANY INFO. ON THAT IM SO WORRIED ABOUT HIM THANK U so very much # wifey 411

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Remsen store employee sentenced to weekends ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Amx 21
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) 9 hr Roach 1,962
News City council names Vallejo a safe haven for imm... 12 hr well I ask you 13
News Documentary Trailer Round-Up: Beach Boys, The S... 16 hr kauna 7
News Liliana Cruz Mendez, illegal immigrant, gets pa... 23 hr Quirky 3
News US show of force to North Korea also could show... Sun Moses Kestenbaum ODA 34
News Former Mississippi prison chief sentenced to ne... Sun patosm 1
More from around the web