Puerto Rico senator resigns in photo ...

Puerto Rico senator resigns in photo controversy

There are 35 comments on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Aug 28, 2011, titled Puerto Rico senator resigns in photo controversy. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

In this April 7, 2008 file photo, Puerto Rico's Senator Roberto Arango, right, poses for a photo with former U.S. President Bill Clinton, center, after the unveiling ceremony of a statue of former President Franklin D. Roosevelt at the Capitol building in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#23 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Arango divorced his Cuban wife a long time ago (they had a beautiful daughter)."
I wasn't that long ago. The baby is barely 5 y/o.
I'm sure his ex-father-in-law would love to chop him up and sell him as frozen chicken fingers. LOL
Time is relative....

What I mean is, that it was not recent.

As far as Barba...I don't know...maybe they knew and accepted his "sexual escapades"...

According to my (loving but, slightly xenophobic mother) Arango's and Barba's family, not being Puerto Ricans...have a different set of moral rules....LOL
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#24 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>Note the acronym on the prick's handle - NAMBLA - North American Man-Boy Love Association.
Good point!

The person was looking for cheap thrills or reactions....and I guess was not satisfied....LOL

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#25 Aug 29, 2011
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate's President read his resignation letter, this afternoon, on tv.
Allegedly, Arango, since this whole "affaire" began (to put it in British terms...I don't know why the British, whenever there's a political scandal, they term it "an affair"...remember the "Profumo affair" in the early 60's?); but I digress, Arango is in Atlanta and his ex and daughter are in the US.
Hey, I don't know what this guy was thinking.
Puerto Rico is a yucayeque..(it is not New York).
Nobody, here, is able to "come back" from anything negative (as it happened to N.York's Spitzer, who now has a tv program).
"Allegedly, Arango, since this whole "affaire" began (to put it in British terms...I don't know why the British, whenever there's a political scandal, they term it "an affair"...remember the "Profumo affair" in the early 60's?)"

British use "row", French use "affaire", we call it "bochinche".

Religion made them human

#26 Aug 29, 2011
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they divorced...
I went to the same school with Margarita, her brother and her older sister, who is a lawyer.
We were brought up together....tough I'm much older than they are.
In fact, Barba had a heart attack some time ago (way before being the victim of a gun point abduction).
I wonder what effect this whole thing will have on him...
Nice person, Pedro Barba.
Wao! She had a heart attack? I knew about the attempt of robbery. But wasn't aware of her having a heart attack. She's a young woman.
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#27 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Allegedly, Arango, since this whole "affaire" began (to put it in British terms...I don't know why the British, whenever there's a political scandal, they term it "an affair"...remember the "Profumo affair" in the early 60's?)"
British use "row", French use "affaire", we call it "bochinche".
LOL

I always read the British referring to their "bochinches" as "affaires"...

But, nothing like the French and Italians when it comes to shrugging off (con el mayor de los desparpajos) any sexual scandal...

In fact, I thought that Arango was going to "sentar cátedra" by giving a new "twist" (on how to deal with this sort of "rows") a la francesa o a los Berlusconi...LOL

It seems that the mounted pressure was way too much (from Fortaleza and the Party).

Religion made them human

#28 Aug 29, 2011
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point!
The person was looking for cheap thrills or reactions....and I guess was not satisfied....LOL
I don't envy you, Jorge. There are some real evil maggots out there.
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#29 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Wao! She had a heart attack? I knew about the attempt of robbery. But wasn't aware of her having a heart attack. She's a young woman.
No, Pedro Barba fue al que le dio un "tucu tucu" mucho antes del secuestro.

And it wasn't an attempt...Barba was followed to his house (from his business); was, at gun point, pushed into the house where his wife and his mother in laws and another lady were....they were tied and afterwards, they took D. Pedro for ransom...

They have been living in their Isla Verde apt. ever since...(I think they also took his son, which had arrived, also at gun point)...It was something out of the movies what happened to those people.

Religion made them human

#30 Aug 29, 2011
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I always read the British referring to their "bochinches" as "affaires"...
But, nothing like the French and Italians when it comes to shrugging off (con el mayor de los desparpajos) any sexual scandal...
In fact, I thought that Arango was going to "sentar cátedra" by giving a new "twist" (on how to deal with this sort of "rows") a la francesa o a los Berlusconi...LOL
It seems that the mounted pressure was way too much (from Fortaleza and the Party).
I'm pretty sure that by now Calle 13 is writing a new song. LOL
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#31 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text> I don't envy you, Jorge. There are some real evil maggots out there.
Life has a way of "preparing" the vulnerable with the necessary surviving skills.

For example, I (at my middle age) have learned how to use hate to my advantage and is it a very powerful weapon (as powerful as love)...

Too bad, it took me such a long, painful time to figure it out!

Religion made them human

#32 Aug 29, 2011
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Pedro Barba fue al que le dio un "tucu tucu" mucho antes del secuestro.
And it wasn't an attempt...Barba was followed to his house (from his business); was, at gun point, pushed into the house where his wife and his mother in laws and another lady were....they were tied and afterwards, they took D. Pedro for ransom...
They have been living in their Isla Verde apt. ever since...(I think they also took his son, which had arrived, also at gun point)...It was something out of the movies what happened to those people.
Margarita wasn't involved? I thought she was.
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#33 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure that by now Calle 13 is writing a new song. LOL
and they should...

Lady Gaga's way of exposing homohate and homophobes comes to mind....

Well, nice chatting with you but is 2 in the morning and the ladies that clean our house arrive at 7...(a pegar manguera y a joder el parto con el frickin' vacuum cleaner....LOL).

¿Por qué no habrán inventado un leaf blower o un vacuum cleaner que no jo....robe tanto todos los sentidos?

¿Por qué esas máquinas las usan por la mañana, para joro...barle la existencia a uno?

¿Por qué a las mujeres les dá con parir por la noche, de 10 en adelante?

Tantas preguntas sin contestaciones....(sigh!)

Tantos misterios...LOL
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#34 Aug 29, 2011
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Margarita wasn't involved? I thought she was.
It was an inside job, according to the "barrio experts" (que lo que no saben se lo inventan).

I don't know about Barba's youngest, but his son was involved (and, according to the "barrio sources" was also kidnapped).
TipoConSuerte

United States

#35 Sep 4, 2011
Ten things Roberto Arango might have said when he took his picture on all fours (drum roll please):

1. "¡Mira que lindo!"

2. "¡Esto si que es una verdadera...PATRAÑA!"

3. "Dick (Mmmm) Chaney...I always did like your name."

4. "Rivera Schatz...¡mira lo que te espera!"

5. "Luisito Fortuño...soy tuyo hasta el capullo."

6. "Como dijo Jose Feliciano...come on baby, light my fire!"

7. "¡Dale papi que estoy suelta como gavete!"

8. "Veo-veo.¿Que ves?"

9. "Jalame el dedito y veras lo que sucede."

10. "Los zapatitos me aprietan. Las mediecitas me dan calor ...¡y los calzoncillitos tambien!"

Religion made them human

#36 Sep 4, 2011
TipoConSuerte wrote:
Ten things Roberto Arango might have said when he took his picture on all fours (drum roll please):
1. "¡Mira que lindo!"
2. "¡Esto si que es una verdadera...PATRAÑA!"
3. "Dick (Mmmm) Chaney...I always did like your name."
4. "Rivera Schatz...¡mira lo que te espera!"
5. "Luisito Fortuño...soy tuyo hasta el capullo."
6. "Como dijo Jose Feliciano...come on baby, light my fire!"
7. "¡Dale papi que estoy suelta como gavete!"
8. "Veo-veo.¿Que ves?"
9. "Jalame el dedito y veras lo que sucede."
10. "Los zapatitos me aprietan. Las mediecitas me dan calor ...¡y los calzoncillitos tambien!"
A Rivera Schatz: "Lo que te perdistes."
A Eduardo Bhatia:¿Te quieres casar conmigo?
A la Comay: "Graba, Gorda, Graba!"

Religion made them human

#37 Sep 4, 2011
A Síla:¡Pón-pon,Pón-pon, el dedito en el pilón!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan, Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Puerto Rico debuts as leading Caribbean yachtin... (Sep '14) Nov '16 GodSmacked 6
man fun (Jul '16) Jul '16 mark 1
News In Puerto Rico, One Expectant Mother's Zika 'Ni... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Jesses_Girl 1
News Angelica Campos (Jun '10) Jun '16 freddy 253
News Puerto Rico won't make $370 million in debt pay... (May '16) May '16 Old Dixiecrat 8
News PR group tests syringe vending machine for addicts (Oct '09) Mar '16 Annie 6
News Puerto Rico to receive $250M from US govt to fi... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mullahing It Over 9
More from around the web