ACLU: Puerto Rico has pattern of police brutality

May 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Athens Banner-Herald

A celebrity-enhanced ACLU delegation criticized Puerto Rico's government Tuesday for using police to keep the island's main university system open during a strike over a new fee, with members saying they found clear evidence in which officers abused students during the protests.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“You will miss me.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Hola amigo..long time....! Yo te digo la verdad, cuando comenze aqui en Topix hace ya unos anos, les segui la fiesta a todos y hasta dije cosas con el animo de ofender. Pero amigo la vida es tan corta....que hay que darle otro sentido..un sentido que no nos afecte y no de ratos de interes y un poco de felicidad!. Para mi, poder conversar con los mios y sonreir o analizar un tema se me hace interesante. Pero al principio creia que tenia que defenderme de todos los insultos y malas congeturas de muchos en este forum..y agredia a la altura de los que son llamados en este mundo trolls. Convirtiendome en un troll mas. Pues se acabo yo no soy un troll y si muy humana y muy deseosa de conversar e intercambiar ideas sin que se me diga, vieja pellejuda, cubana racista, etc. Y decidi salirme de toda esta mentira que es Topix. No te digo que pongo mis comentarios; pero no contesto a los groseros. Los dejo "con las ganas de pelear". A veces pienso que es una sola persona con todos esos nombres sin registrar. Cuidate mucho y sabes que te queremos mucho todos los cubanos del forum. Que Dios te bendiga!!
Marie, I'm extremely happy for your 180% change for the better. Please do pray for the rest of us that we will have that same beautiful experience too of changing for the positive side of life's blessings also. Meanwhile until the true God takes over these forums I will continue with a very few to hold down the fort...
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Hola amigo..long time....! Yo te digo la verdad, cuando comenze aqui en Topix hace ya unos anos, les segui la fiesta a todos y hasta dije cosas con el animo de ofender. Pero amigo la vida es tan corta....que hay que darle otro sentido..un sentido que no nos afecte y no de ratos de interes y un poco de felicidad!. Para mi, poder conversar con los mios y sonreir o analizar un tema se me hace interesante. Pero al principio creia que tenia que defenderme de todos los insultos y malas congeturas de muchos en este forum..y agredia a la altura de los que son llamados en este mundo trolls. Convirtiendome en un troll mas. Pues se acabo yo no soy un troll y si muy humana y muy deseosa de conversar e intercambiar ideas sin que se me diga, vieja pellejuda, cubana racista, etc. Y decidi salirme de toda esta mentira que es Topix. No te digo que pongo mis comentarios; pero no contesto a los groseros. Los dejo "con las ganas de pelear". A veces pienso que es una sola persona con todos esos nombres sin registrar. Cuidate mucho y sabes que te queremos mucho todos los cubanos del forum. Que Dios te bendiga!!
Marie,

Yo te quiero dar las gracias por tus palabras.
Este TOPIX se ha volvido un sitio bien feo con la malicia y envidia de un individual muy emfermo mental y espiritual!!

Es sierto es una persona con muchos nombres.

Estas persona no tiene vida personal por eso siempre estas metiendose en lo que lo le importa.

Yo me alegro saber que en tu vida estas feliz.
Te lo merese. Usted a sufrido mucho pero Dios nunca te habandonado.

Que tengas un Feliz dia de las Madres.

Usted sabes que yo siempre ha sido sincero y solo a usado un nombre. HG!

Bendicion y saludos a mis hermanos y hermanas de Cuba!

“You will miss me.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

HairyGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Marie,
Este TOPIX se ha volvido un sitio bien feo con la malicia y envidia de un individual muy emfermo mental y espiritual!!
Estas persona no tiene vida personal por eso siempre estas metiendose en lo que lo le importa.
We had over 4 years of peace as long as you diud not cross me and you did not only by insulting my intelligence but by uniting yourself to the biggest Puerto Rican haters that are here in Topix....Nothing said to them shows not only your cowardness but your betrayal of o0ur own just as your friend TPMP has done.

Now tell me where is your Christianity, where is your genuine love of Jesus for all of God's creation?

Read these and read them well, the love of God is not in you while you hate me and others like Jorge who are true Puerto Ricans de pura sepa.....God does not like a double minded man with a divided love for one and not for the other, and neither do I for the Bbile says that "he wwo puts his hands on the plough and looks back is not worhty of the kingdom of God." And yet and still, God speaks to your heart in his own infallible written word as posted below to you and to those who say that they serve and love God, but yet hate their bretheren. They are nothing but Pharisees and religious hypocrites. Read it all for yourself in the book of Mathew 23.

1 John 3:8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
[10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
[11] For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
[12] Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
[13] Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
[14] We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
[15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

“You will miss me.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

HairyGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Marie,
Don't look for the help from the better and the good Marie, look for the help of God and if God be with you who then can be against you?

For He that puts is trust in mankind and not in the LORD alone, is cursed, saith the lord. I put no trust in any of you mortals but in the everlasting but God Almighty just as kind David did as slew all of His enemies. That is why I'm not moved by any of you at all and your phoniness, and when God Himself decides to move me, let it be just him and none of you sinful ones as I'm a sinner too..

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Hairy Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Marie,
Este TOPIX se ha volvido un sitio bien feo con la malicia y envidia de un individual muy enfermo mental y espiritual!!
Es cierto es una persona con muchos nombres.
Estas persona no tiene vida personal por eso siempre estas metiendo en lo que lo le importa.
Yo me alegro saber que en tu vida estoy feliz.
Te lo merece. Usted a sufrido mucho pero Dios nunca te abandonado.
Brother, I know the kind of decent guy you are.... as well as my friends cubanos . Yes you are right. I had suffer alot. since a teen ager, but my friend life has always been good to me and my children. My Mom passaway las Feb living with me.........against all GODS....!! I did the best i could for her until her final day. The peace I have..no money can buy....For my children i am always ready, even if I have to take a 6 hrs. plane to help. It does makes me a lucky MOM,. My two Grands..love me and call me Ague y abuela en espanol. They get crazy when they see me. WHAT ELSE CAN I ASK GOD TO BE HAPPY?? Health.......to keep myself strong and positive. I have been able to keep my friends from school and from youth in N J.......It is also a plus. Love you, take care and May God Bless you, my friend!!!!!

“America la bella!!”

que Dios te bendiga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>We had over 4 years of peace as long as you diud not cross me and you did not only by insulting my intelligence but by uniting yourself to the biggest Puerto Rican haters that are here in Topix....Nothing said to them shows not only your cowardness but your betrayal of o0ur own just as your friend TPMP has done.
Now tell me where is your Christianity, where is your genuine love of Jesus for all of God's creation?
Read these and read them well, the love of God is not in you while you hate me and others like Jorge who are true Puerto Ricans de pura sepa.....God does not like a double minded man with a divided love for one and not for the other, and neither do I for the Bbile says that "he wwo puts his hands on the plough and looks back is not worhty of the kingdom of God." And yet and still, God speaks to your heart in his own infallible written word as posted below to you and to those who say that they serve and love God, but yet hate their bretheren. They are nothing but Pharisees and religious hypocrites. Read it all for yourself in the book of Mathew 23.
1 John 3:8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
[10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
[11] For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
[12] Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
[13] Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
[14] We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
[15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Amigo, no creo que HG se referia a ti....todos sabemos tu gran corazon.

“You will miss me.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Amigo, no creo que HG se referia a ti....todos sabemos tu gran corazon.
Hola Marie,

Marie te agradesco tu interes sin cojer el lado de nadie, pero estoy mas que 100% seguro que el, HG, se esta referiendo a mi...A HG lo conosco aqui en Topix el mismo tiempo que te conosco a ti (5 anos) y antes de pelear contigo sobre la musica y otras cosas mas ya yo habia tenido serias confrotaciones con HG, pero despues entro USMail y nos ayudo a los dos hacer la paz mutua...Desde ese entonces los dos nos hemos llevado bien y nos hemos tratados como hermanos y amigos y yo siempre lo he respetado desde ese entonces hasta ahora....Hace poco el decidio apoyar al controversial y problematico TPMP y empeso a tirarme a mi indirectamente utilisando a TPMP, a Yankee y a justthefacts para poder hacerlo, pero yo EL SABIO puide leer entere comillas....Lo hiso con gente bien racistas y con un total vende patria y un traidor a su gente y ese idiota, traidor y problematico es nada mas y nada menos que TPMP, cual el ano pasado era mi mejor amigo y apoyador y yo el del, y porque yo decidi tener la paz contigo Marie, y Jorge, el nunca me perdono por eso, y como HG, empeso a tirarme utilizando a otros para poder hacerlo, tambien usando a los racistas para hacerlo....Desde que ese mostro y poca gente TPMP ha entrado aqui a nuestros foros a causado que todos nuestros amigos y amigas, Latinos y no Latinos se vallan lejos de aqui. Pero el no reconoce que el es el problema de todos, y yo no me dejo joder de nadie tampoco ya como tu muy bien los sabes...Yo no he invadido sus foros de los Testigos de Jehova, si no el los mios..
Espero que ahora Jorge te de mas esplicacion...Pero lo unico que te puedo decir que me da mucha tristesa y lastima que HG se ha dejado voluntariamente cojer de pendejo por este mismo abusador y problematico y odioso. Pero HG debe de primero verlo todo antes de entrometerce en lo que tiene nada que ver con el. Y lo peor del caso es que lo hiso utilizando, no solamente al problematico TPMP, pero tambien esta apoyando a los racistas justhefacts y yankee para poder hacerlo para poder atacarme a mi tambien juntos con TPMP, justhefacts y yankee cuales so los peores anti Latinos que hemos tenido en nuestros foros...

Jorge the dira mas todavia.

Muy buenas noches Marie y me algra ver que ahora si eres toda una diplomatica, y ya no mas una problamatica, como lo sigue siendo TPMP y sus racistas apoyadores justhefacts, Yankee contra nosotros los Puerto Riquenos y Latinos en general.

“You will miss me.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Brother, I know the kind of decent guy you are.... as well as my friends cubanos . Yes you are right. I had suffer alot. since a teen ager, but my friend life has always been good to me and my children. My Mom passaway las Feb living with me.........against all GODS....!! I did the best i could for her until her final day. The peace I have..no money can buy....For my children i am always ready, even if I have to take a 6 hrs. plane to help. It does makes me a lucky MOM,. My two Grands..love me and call me Ague y abuela en espanol. They get crazy when they see me. WHAT ELSE CAN I ASK GOD TO BE HAPPY?? Health.......to keep myself strong and positive. I have been able to keep my friends from school and from youth in N J.......It is also a plus. Love you, take care and May God Bless you, my friend!!!!!
Marie, I want to wish you a great and Happy Mothers day....You women and mothers are the birth givers of all hunamity and humanity will keep on honoring your mothers year after year for it.

“America la bella!!”

que Dios te bendiga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>Marie, I want to wish you a great and Happy Mothers day....You women and mothers are the birth givers of all hunamity and humanity will keep on honoring your mothers year after year for it.
Gracias hermano....tratare de pasarlo lo mejor que pueda, sin mi mama. Dave...yo se que lo que dices es verdad, referente a lo racistas del forum, que de verdad ese Upfront Yankee es too much....Los demas tambien son racistas y lo sufri en carne propia el ano pasado. sobre todo con tu ex amigo TPMP. Pero fijate Dave, tu eres un hombre de muy buenos sentimientos, listo siempre a perdonar, como hicistes conmigo. Quien sabe si HG este tambien perdonandolo y tratando de llevar la fiesta en paz. Yo no quiero aconsejarte, pues tu sabes que hacer; pero que hay si tratan de hacer las paces de nuevo.? Yo despues que perdi a mi mama, me he dado cuenta que la vida no es nada, que se nos va muy rapido y lo peor que no sabemos cuando nos vamos a ir. Al igual que se que como el amor de una Madre no hay. Ni hijos, aunque tu los quiera con tu vida, ellos no te van a querer como una madre. Ella siempre me dijo,""" disfruta los momentos buenos de la vida al maximo, y siempre piensa bien de los demas, no por ellos sino por Ti; eso te ayudara a ser feliz. La felicidad de un nino es precisamente su ingenuidad" saludos y carinos.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

http://www.topix.com/world/puerto-rico/2011/0...

I did not know at the time this posting existed. See my comment under the above link. I may try to copy and paste it here...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

The final ACLU report is going to cover much more than violation of civil rights at the University of Puerto Rico. It is going to get into other areas of police brutality.

I know from direct knowledge that the police would take in their squad cars young frail gay hustlers in the Condado way out into the country where there are no bus or publico service and tell him to walk back home. If a kid lived in Bayamon, he was taken to a remote area in Carolina. If he lived in Carolina to a remote area in Bayamon.

Often two or three large police officers would beat the hell out of a young, skinny kid before deserting him. There were also times when the police stripped a kid of his clothes and left him alone in the nude in an isolated spot.

I know first hand of a case where two or more cops beat up a gay kid and broke his leg and a couple ribs. They knew he would not go to the authorities because he did not want his family or neighbors to learn that he was gay or hung out with gays.

One cop, who was known as Robo Cop in the Condado, confiscated joints from his youthful victims and would be seen smoking the joints later at another location.

All this is common knowledge in the Condado and other gay areas. Gay people can tell you one anti-gay police brutality story after another.

http://www.topix.com/world/puerto-rico/2011/0 ...
Jorge

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Upfront Yankee wrote:
...I know from direct knowledge that the police would take in their squad cars young frail gay hustlers in the Condado.....
I know first hand of a case....
One cop, who was known as Robo Cop in the Condado, confiscated joints from his youthful victims and would be seen smoking the joints later at another location.
All this is common knowledge in the Condado and other gay areas. Gay people can tell you one anti-gay police brutality story after another.
Upfront Yankee wrote:
...Jorge absolutely knows nothing about me but still tells cruel horrible lies about me. He repeatedly post that I am still drinking and hanging out in gay bars in the Condado. These are absolutely cruel and disgusting lies.
Which is it, McCarroll?

You do still hang around hustler bars in the Condado...you just admitted it by your own posting.

You call me a troll because I expose your constant contradictory lies (year after year).....
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Brother, I know the kind of decent guy you are.... as well as my friends cubanos . Yes you are right. I had suffer alot. since a teen ager, but my friend life has always been good to me and my children. My Mom passaway las Feb living with me.........against all GODS....!! I did the best i could for her until her final day. The peace I have..no money can buy....For my children i am always ready, even if I have to take a 6 hrs. plane to help. It does makes me a lucky MOM,. My two Grands..love me and call me Ague y abuela en espanol. They get crazy when they see me. WHAT ELSE CAN I ASK GOD TO BE HAPPY?? Health.......to keep myself strong and positive. I have been able to keep my friends from school and from youth in N J.......It is also a plus. Love you, take care and May God Bless you, my friend!!!!!
Thank you sister for the feedback.

Mima is with God and you will see her someday.

I'm sure you feel very much at peace knowing that you gave her, Mima, unconditional love as you have to your own children.

Keep growing and focusing on what is important.

Enjoy your weekend and until then...God Bless.

Saludos a mi amistades de Cuba.

HG
----------

** " CUBA LIBRE,**

When we sailed from Tampa Bay,
"Cuba Libre!"
And our ships got under weigh,
"Cuba Libre!"
As we floated down the tide,
Crowding to the steamer's side,
You remember how we cried,
"Cuba Libre!"

When we spied the island shore,
"Cuba Libre!"
Then we shouted loud once more,
"Cuba Libre!"
As we sank Cervera's ships
Where the southern sea wall dips,
What again was on our lips?
"Cuba Libre!"

These are foreign word, you know-
"Cuba Libre!"
That we used so long ago;
"Cuba Libre!"
And in all the time between
Such a lot of things we've seen,
We've forgotten what they mean
"Cuba Libre!"

Let us ask the President,
"Cuba Libre!"
What that bit of Spanish meant,
"Cuba Libre!"
Ask McKinley, Root and Hay
What on earth we meant to say,
When we shouted night and day
"Cuba Libre!"

But alas! They will not speak
"Cuba Libre!"
For their memories are weak,
"Cuba Libre!"
If you have a lexicon,
Borrowed from a Spanish don,
Send it down to Washington,
"Cuba Libre!"
----------
( by Ernest H. Crosby )

This is one of the poems on this site: http://www.topix.com/forum/world/puerto-rico/...

“America la bella!!”

que Dios te bendiga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

HairyGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sister for the feedback.
Mima is with God and you will see her someday.
I'm sure you feel very much at peace knowing that you gave her, Mima, unconditional love as you have to your own children.
Keep growing and focusing on what is important.
Enjoy your weekend and until then...God Bless.
Saludos a mi amistades de Cuba.
HG
----------
** " CUBA LIBRE,**
When we sailed from Tampa Bay,
"Cuba Libre!"
And our ships got under weigh,
"Cuba Libre!"
As we floated down the tide,
Crowding to the steamer's side,
You remember how we cried,
"Cuba Libre!"
When we spied the island shore,
"Cuba Libre!"
Then we shouted loud once more,
"Cuba Libre!"
As we sank Cervera's ships
Where the southern sea wall dips,
What again was on our lips?
"Cuba Libre!"
These are foreign word, you know-
"Cuba Libre!"
That we used so long ago;
"Cuba Libre!"
And in all the time between
Such a lot of things we've seen,
We've forgotten what they mean
"Cuba Libre!"
Let us ask the President,
"Cuba Libre!"
What that bit of Spanish meant,
"Cuba Libre!"
Ask McKinley, Root and Hay
What on earth we meant to say,
When we shouted night and day
"Cuba Libre!"
But alas! They will not speak
"Cuba Libre!"
For their memories are weak,
"Cuba Libre!"
If you have a lexicon,
Borrowed from a Spanish don,
Send it down to Washington,
"Cuba Libre!"
----------
( by Ernest H. Crosby )
This is one of the poems on this site: http://www.topix.com/forum/world/puerto-rico/...
Thanks,,hermano.
to make Dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

All PR has is nothing but a lot of cry babies, that are protecting a whole bunch of criminals, who are demanding their rights but at the same time violates the right of those who do not agree with them. That doesnt justify the actions of the Police, but there is a growing "poor me" " I am the victim" " the police make me do it" trend.

The main problem here is not the protest, is that the group from the UPR who dont agree with a new fee, are a violent group. They have all the right to be against the new fee, but they CAN NOT make the rest of the students to agree with them.

If they will have the protest like human beings, all these situations will have been avoided.
This same group of savages is the one, that have caused the university to be about to loose the acreditation, to cause another students to loose good opportunities, who entered the to " El Capitolio" destroying properties, like animals!!! who destroyed police cars , come on ??? what kind of victims are we taking about here??? This group of students should be all in jail.
They make us look like animals who does not live in a normal civilization.
To Make Dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

This is the same group who does not wantt the ROTC at the campus, but they all study with the Pell grant. A bunch of cowards who cover their faces, and you are telling me the police is the people here. Are you aware of the kind of damage this group caused to the university???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••