ACLU: Puerto Rico has pattern of police brutality

May 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Athens Banner-Herald

A celebrity-enhanced ACLU delegation criticized Puerto Rico's government Tuesday for using police to keep the island's main university system open during a strike over a new fee, with members saying they found clear evidence in which officers abused students during the protests.

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated May 10, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
juathefacts

Bloomfield, NJ

#1 May 4, 2011
I watched many clips on PR Police at the UPRs

The first thing I thought was why did they use so many police??? When you get to many Police in That Army fashion that puts MORE pressure on the situation.

Its that force in Mass looking and feeling like a Threat.

I feel the police handled this all wrong OVERKILL..

If there was just enough police so as not to look like a Threat but more as someone on hand to KEEP the PEACE would have been a much better effective way to handle the Kids strike.. Weather you agree with the strike or not. Kids have the right to a Peaceful protest as well as the Students that WANT to go to school so they can Graduate. They are the other injured...

When the Police showed up, should have announced through their Loud speakers.

We are here to make sure Peace is kept. We recognize your right to strike and Freedom of Speech. We will Not interfere if its a peaceful strike.

That would have set the Tone and maybe even gain some respect from some students. Police take the High road SET the Example..

But too many PR police officers act like Children dressing up and showing off and getting drunk with power,.
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 May 4, 2011
juathefacts wrote:
The first thing I thought was why did they use so many police??? When you get to many Police in That Army fashion that puts MORE pressure on the situation.
If there was just enough police so as not to look like a Threat but more as someone on hand to KEEP the PEACE would have been a much better effective way to handle the Kids strike.. Weather you agree with the strike or not. Kids have the right to a Peaceful protest as well as the Students that WANT to go to school so they can Graduate. They are the other injured...
We are here to make sure Peace is kept. We recognize your right to strike and Freedom of Speech. We will Not interfere if its a peaceful strike.
That would have set the Tone and maybe even gain some respect from some students. Police take the High road SET the Example..
But too many PR police officers act like Children dressing up and showing off and getting drunk with power,.
And Jesus also said to you hatefilled pigs,

"Whats the sense of gaining the whole world but yet losing your own souls."

And He also says to those who are unfairly hated on:
"The first will be last and the last will be first."

And he reminds us all and people that hate your brothers so much and so deep, crystal clear, in His inspired word:

1John.3:
[13] Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
[14] We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
[15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#3 May 4, 2011
juathefacts wrote:
Heh i meant to answer your post to me on the other thhread. It didn't leave me room.

I'll past it here.

==========

Heh Good Morning JTF,
Excuse me for not answering you yesterday. I multitask when i am on here. I also wanted to take the time to write out a post to you. The times i did post last night i was dealing with our resident asshat Dave. I don't deal with him anymore for the most part. You are doing a well job with that....LOL!
Seriously. i can't deal wih it. He is not well individual and just a clown. I don't have the patience anymore for that nonsense. If you notice i was away after over a two week absense. He was still the same and ,yet, he claims it is others who make the enviromnent negative here. He s delusional, nasty, mean amongst many other negative traits.
Just lost!...At his age. What a waste.
Anyway enough about that.

Yes, you have a right to post what you wish. The internet is a negative place. Unfortuantely, we are dealing with people with those traits on steroids here.
You do debate. For sure. Trully debate facts.
You have a good handle on it. Nobody should be permitted to control the discourse here. Not Dave or anybody else.
Keep it up.
==========

BTW.....If you don't mind me asking, bro...Are you Anglo, Puerto Rican or what?
Have you lived in PR?... What is your intrest in the island?.
Do you consider yourself racist?... I personally have never got the racist vibe from you. You may think along classist lines. Perhsps, that comes from fear of the unkown yet facination. However, i haven't got the racist vibe. Maybe that can be rectified by exposing yourself to the PR culture or people a bit more. Or studying it with an open mind. You defeinetely have an intrest in it or you wouldn't spend the time talking about PR as you have been.
You do have an inquisitive mind and are quite intelligent. It doesn't mean i always agree though.
So what is your deal? I want to hear it directly from you. Not colored through anybody else's lens or perception of you.

Thanks.

Peace,TPMP 35
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#4 May 4, 2011
Correction: I'll paste it here.

TPMP 35

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#5 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Heh i meant to answer your post to me on the other thread. It didn't leave me room.
I'll past it here.
==========
Heh Good Morning JTF,
Excuse me for not answering you yesterday. I multitask when i am on here. I also wanted to take the time to write out a post to you. The times i did post last night i was dealing with our resident asshat Dave. I don't deal with him anymore for the most part. You are doing a well job with that....LOL!
Seriously. i can't deal with it. He is not well individual and just a clown. I don't have the patience anymore for that nonsense. If you notice i was away after over a two week absence. He was still the same and ,yet, he claims it is others who make the environment negative here. He s delusional, nasty, mean amongst many other negative traits.
Yes, you have a right to post what you wish. The internet is a negative place. Unfortunately, we are dealing with people with those traits on steroids here.
You do debate. For sure. Truly debate facts.
You have a good handle on it. Nobody should be permitted to control the discourse here. Not Dave or anybody else.
Keep it up.
==========
Have you lived in PR?... What is your interest in the island?.
Do you consider yourself racist?... I personally have never got the racist vibe from you. You may think along classist lines. Perhaps, that comes from fear of the unknown yet definition. However, i haven't got the racist vibe. Maybe that can be rectified by exposing yourself to the PR culture or people a bit more. Or studying it with an open mind. You definitely have an interest in it or you wouldn't spend the time talking about PR as you have been.
You do have an inquisitive mind and are quite intelligent. It doesn't mean i always agree though.
So what is your deal? I want to hear it directly from you. Not colored through anybody else's lens or perception of you.
Thanks.
Peace,TPMP 35
Hi...Police brutality is everywhere...check Cuba's police brutality and why? just for express themselves different from the government....... But I do not agree with it.
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#6 May 4, 2011
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Hi...Police brutality is everywhere...check Cuba's police brutality and why? just for express themselves different from the government....... But I do not agree with it.
Heh Marie, Hello! How are you?. I hope all is well with you and family.. Long time no post. I was away for two weeks. Took a break from here.

Yes, The police brutality in Cuba is Horrible. True!. They do not have the same rights we do here. Not anywhere close. We are truly blessed to live in the USA. Many of us take things for granted here. Evn with all our problems we are still better off than a police state like present day Cuba.

TPMP 35
Jorge

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#7 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Heh Marie, Hello! How are you?. I hope all is well with you and family.. Long time no post. I was away for two weeks. Took a break from here.
Yes, The police brutality in Cuba is Horrible. True!. They do not have the same rights we do here. Not anywhere close. We are truly blessed to live in the USA. Many of us take things for granted here. Evn with all our problems we are still better off than a police state like present day Cuba.
TPMP 35
So, it took you years to find treat Marie as the lady she is!

Never mind Puerto Rico, post about your native Dominican Republic and quit casting a negative light on us, boricuas.
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 May 4, 2011
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it took you years to find treat Marie as the lady she is!
Never mind Puerto Rico, post about your native Dominican Republic and quit casting a negative light on us, boricuas.
Jorge as a truly born PR, give him a piece of the real Boricuas de pura sepa. He is more for the pro racist antio Puertoi Rican people who hate on Puerto Ricans rather than be with those of us who do love our island, our people, our culture and our music. They just think they do, but yet they are the poorest SOB's living in America that makes all good hard working Puerto Ricans, that do not take welfare or free handouts look really bad....I'm persistent consistent, I change not, but they surley do depending on which way the wind is blowing on any given day...

If you noticed for over 4 years I admired and respected Hairy Guy, because I thought he knew where I was coming from when I was promoting our people, our art, our culture and our music, plus much more, like defending us from haters and racist SOB's...He stood out of my way for over 4 years even commended to me many times on my ongoing good works in favor of our beautiful paradise like island for over 5 years now....But as of lately he has turned and decided to attack me indirectly by posting to the haters and siding with these sell out racist treasonous pigs like TPMP, justhefacts, TJM and now Yankee too, who he thinks Yankee as an old man can do no one no harm because of his age and his race...He favored none Puerto Ricans over us Puerto Ricans....I peronally despise and hate traitors and sell outs myself and if we were in an actual war to the death I would slice them up into a thousand pieces, even before I finish off with our own sworned enememies because our enemies at least "ARE" our enemies. But these sell out backstabbers were once our confidants and close friends who threw us under the bus in favor of those who hate on Puerto Ricans the most....

Enough said, for I truly believe too that God hates the acts of a traitor also, just look at Lucifer, who was closest angel to himself, but yet he turned on God his friend and now He has been trying to throw God under the bus, but has failed to do so, and hell fire will be his eternal home forever and ever with no end in sight. Not even a finger of water to cool him off once those flames are ligthed after the day of judgment of the wicked one and his direct and indirect followers. You can bet on it...I surely will....
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Heh i meant to answer your post to me on the other thhread. It didn't leave me room.
I'll past it here.
==========
Heh Good Morning JTF,
Seriously. i can't deal wih it. He is not well individual and just a clown. I don't have the patience anymore for that nonsense. If you notice i was away after over a two week absense. He was still the same and ,yet, he claims it is others who make the enviromnent negative here. He s delusional, nasty, mean amongst many other negative traits.
Yes, you have a right to post what you wish. The internet is a negative place. Unfortuantely, we are dealing with people with those traits on steroids here.
You do debate. For sure. Trully debate facts.
Keep it up.
==========
Have you lived in PR?... What is your intrest in the island?.
Do you consider yourself racist?... I personally have never got the racist vibe from you. You may think along classist lines. Perhsps, that comes from fear of the unkown yet facination. However, i haven't got the racist vibe. Maybe that can be rectified by exposing yourself to the PR culture or people a bit more. Or studying it with an open mind. You defeinetely have an intrest in it or you wouldn't spend the time talking about PR as you have been.
Thanks.
Peace,TPMP 35
Go ahead keep on kssing thr racists azz. It is all here all admitted by you for all to see and read....You are not fooling no one but yourself when you support them and then deny it.

Keep that azz kssing going for the actual anti Puerto Rican racist yankees, for it is making you look real desperate alright.

I'm so well in the mind that I laugh my way to the bank while you cry yourself to the welfare line....That is that major difference btween your food stamps and welfare, they write the checks to you I write the checks to those who work for a living...I'm not a left over Puerto Rican living in NYC as you are....Those that are doing well, have left, those that are not are still there and you are one ofr them...admit it!!!!
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 May 4, 2011
Correction:

Go ahead Tony or TPMP, keep on kissing the racists haters azz. It is all here all admitted by you for all to see and read for themselves....You are not fooling no one, but yourself, when you support them on a daily basis and then deny it.

Keep that azz kssing going, for the actual anti Puerto Rican racist yankees, for it is making you look real desperate alright by making yourself look weak when you do so.

I'm so well in my mind that I laugh my way to the bank, while you cry yourself to the welfare lines....That is that major difference between your welfare check and food stamps, they, the US government writes the montlhy checks to you, and I write the weekly checks to those who honestly work for a living....I'm not a left over Puerto Rican still living in the ghettos of NYC as you are....Those that are doing well, have left, those that are not, are still there because they cannot afford to get out, and you are one of them...admit it!!!!
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#11 May 4, 2011
Tell the truth wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead keep on kssing thr racists azz. It is all here all admitted by you for all to see and read....You are not fooling no one but yourself when you support them and then deny it.
Keep that azz kssing going for the actual anti Puerto Rican racist yankees, for it is making you look real desperate alright.
I'm so well in the mind that I laugh my way to the bank while you cry yourself to the welfare line....That is that major difference btween your food stamps and welfare, they write the checks to you I write the checks to those who work for a living...I'm not a left over Puerto Rican living in NYC as you are....Those that are doing well, have left, those that are not are still there and you are one ofr them...admit it!!!!
No food stamops or welfare here, buddy!

FOR sure!

It would be nice to sit on my azz and collect....If only we were so lucky. Having kids doesn't afford that

==========

No matter what noncesne you state. I have inner strength you can never touch.

Why are you obsesssed with TRYING to insult others?

You just make yourself look like more of a fool than you already are....If that's possible...LOL!

Perhaps, you have low self- esteem. You always have. All your life, i suspect.

An injured soul!

While we are at it. You had to get MARI to finance your buiusness by getting a loan for you... Because your credit was in the TOILET.

MR self made buisnessman!....ROTFLMAO!

You were shclepping home alarms and had a bunch of bills whan you met here.

You are actually in hock to her and The banks to keep your redwagon together....You have to pay her back every week for her loan to you.....Snicker, snicker.

YES! You had to borrow from a woman under the 'false pretense' of relationship to get finacing......So what you got married to her?...BIG DEAL!.... Did it last?

You a jerk. That's why your alone..... You fat TUB of lard!

You want to go there??......Well, i did!

You lack self-control and bring this on YOURSELF!

Things are NOT so rosy as you paint them, or else you wouldn't be talking abnou them.

Your a clueless punk that doesn't undertand psychology in the least.

Just an Azzhat!

Don't forget what you have told me on the phone and what she exposed about you in your wars here with her a couple of months ago.

I don't forget.

ALL THAT APPEARS GOLD IS NOT!

How tru that is!

You blew your own bubble because you lack self dicipline and don't know whn to quit.

You are weak and LACK self control!

Shall i continue, FATBOY?

TPMP 35
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> No food stamops or welfare here, buddy!
FOR sure!
It would be nice to sit on my azz and collect....If only we were so lucky. Having kids doesn't afford that
==========
No matter what noncesne you state. I have inner strength you can never touch.
Why are you obsesssed with TRYING to insult others?
You just make yourself look like more of a fool than you already are....If that's possible...LOL!
Perhaps, you have low self- esteem. You always have. All your life, i suspect.
An injured soul!
While we are at it. You had to get MARI to finance your buiusness by getting a loan for you... Because your credit was in the TOILET.
MR self made buisnessman!....ROTFLMAO!
You were shclepping home alarms and had a bunch of bills whan you met here.
You are actually in hock to her and The banks to keep your redwagon together....You have to pay her back every week for her loan to you.....Snicker, snicker.
YES! You had to borrow from a woman under the 'false pretense' of relationship to get finacing......So what you got married to her?...BIG DEAL!.... Did it last?
You a jerk. That's why your alone..... You fat TUB of lard!
You want to go there??......Well, i did!
You lack self-control and bring this on YOURSELF!
Things are NOT so rosy as you paint them, or else you wouldn't be talking abnou them.
Your a clueless punk that doesn't undertand psychology in the least.
Just an Azzhat!
Don't forget what you have told me on the phone and what she exposed about you in your wars here with her a couple of months ago.
I don't forget.
ALL THAT APPEARS GOLD IS NOT!
How tru that is!
You blew your own bubble because you lack self dicipline and don't know whn to quit.
TPMP 35
Be proud, you are a welfare and food stamp taker and user. That is how you can be home all of the time with 4 kids and a wife and on Topix 24/7. Why lie about it???.....Be proud of it...You have no place to run to and no other place to hide...I will be on you like white on rice....I pay my taxes while you feed on them...
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
FOR sure!
It would be nice to sit on my azz and collect....If only we were so lucky.

TPMP 35
If you are so strong why are you answerring me then?

Who is the weak one? Who was here first for the last 5 years, you or me? Who invaded who's forums instead of staying in your own Dominican and Jehovah Witness forums, huh? You or me?

You invaded my home I'm just defending it....Who's the weak one now
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
FOR sure!
It would be nice to sit on my azz and collect....If only we were so lucky. You are weak and LACK self control!
TPMP 35
If Im a fatboy as you say, that is because I do eat good with my own hard earned money, unlike you, that eats with other peoples money...from us The tax payers while you keep on popping more and more babies to get a much fatter check but even no matter how fat you get them they will still keep you living in the ghettos of the Bronx.......
Tell the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 May 4, 2011
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Hi...Police brutality is everywhere...check Cuba's police brutality and why? just for express themselves different from the government....... But I do not agree with it.
Hi Marie, you do look lovely as ever before and that is because you do have a good heart...

Que vivan Cuba y Puerto Rico juntos, Libres y soverano!
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#16 May 4, 2011
Tell the truth wrote:
<quoted text>Be proud, you are a welfare and food stamp taker and user. That is how you can be home all of the time with 4 kids and a wife and on Topix 24/7. Why lie about it???.....Be proud of it...You have no place to run to and no other place to hide...I will be on you like white on rice....I pay my taxes while you feed on them...
Who is home all thwe time?

Who is on TOPOX 24/7?.... I just got back after 2 weeks.

Why do you care?..... Are you my wife?....

My life isn't any of your biz, fatboy. I get net service no matter whwer i am. I alo work close to my home. You know this. I'm fortunat that i can.

You know nothing, Dave and are grasping at straws.

How many kids do i have??...

This is why i detest you. You bring up families are a real lowlife scumbag.

Your batting at zero. As always.

I'm not stupid enough to share my life on here as you do. I share only what i wish.

Stick yo your own buisness.

You sound like a yenta.

No shame!

Why do you live alone, Dave? Perhaps, nobody can stand you.....Isn'y that what you told me?

You have a hard time living with people. That why you have bben divorced like 4 times alkready.

TPMP 35

Since: Jun 08

Plantation

#17 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Who is home all thwe time?
My life isn't any of your biz, fatboy. I get net service no matter whwer i am. I alo work close to my home. You know this. I'm fortunat that i can.
I'm not stupid enough to share my life on here as you do. I share only what i wish.
You sound like a yenta.
No shame!
Why do you live alone, Dave? Perhaps, nobody can stand you.....Isn'y that what you told me?
You have a hard time living with people. That why you have bben divorced like 4 times alkready.
TPMP 35
LOLOLOLOLOL..Here is One who knows you evil TPMP so well and is very much credible unlike you and your slanderous ways about me...Lie baby lie as lies will coem back to haunt you one day much sooner thasn you think...It will be then that you will sink with your own lying stink.

Read Post #81
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/puerto-rico/...
Read Post #109
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/puerto-rico/...
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#18 May 4, 2011
Tell the truth wrote:
<quoted text>Be proud, you are a welfare and food stamp taker and user. That is how you can be home all of the time with 4 kids and a wife and on Topix 24/7. Why lie about it???.....Be proud of it...You have no place to run to and no other place to hide...I will be on you like white on rice....I pay my taxes while you feed on them...
Why aren't you registerd with the Better buisness Bureau if you run such an upstanding company?

MR pest sprayer?

You are NOT registerd.

ROTFLMAO!

TPMP 35

Since: Jun 08

Plantation

#19 May 4, 2011
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Who is home all thwe time?
You sound like a yenta.
No shame!
TPMP 35
I'm very much secured and quite comfortable in my very own skin TPMP, and I'm very proud of my self made man accomplishments and achievements in life, while not letting my own failures in life stop me from getting back up on my own 2 feet and advancing ahead until my objectives in life are reached and met head on, and I do thank God for it all....And that is why I no longer live in the Bronx, nor in Brooklyn, as you now still do TPMP.....MY security and confidence brought me out of those human slum dumps..which are some of the poorest, with some of the laziest and in secured Hispanic people living in them that I have ever met and known, they do come from these 2 areas, just as you still do, which also includes the lower East Side of Manhattan as well as Spanish Harlem too... So who are you TPMP to speak about my insecurity????....TPMP, look at your very own obvious insecurities first before you can become a living proof and legacy in your own insecure mind...

When the mind thinks of success, the outside world mirrors these thoughts.
TPMP 35

Bronx, NY

#20 May 4, 2011
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm very much secured and quite comfortable in my very own skin TPMP, and I'm very proud of my self made man accomplishments and achievements in life, while not letting my own failures in life stop me from getting back up on my own 2 feet and advancing ahead until my objectives in life are reached and met head on, and I do thank God for it all....And that is why I no longer live in the Bronx, nor in Brooklyn, as you now still do TPMP.....MY security and confidence brought me out of those human slum dumps..which are some of the poorest, with some of the laziest and in secured Hispanic people living in them that I have ever met and known, they do come from these 2 areas, just as you still do, which also includes the lower East Side of Manhattan as well as Spanish Harlem too... So who are you TPMP to speak about my insecurity????....TPMP, look at your very own obvious insecurities first before you can become a living proof and legacy in your own insecure mind...
When the mind thinks of success, the outside world mirrors these thoughts.
Dave who cares?

You constantly have your life on here like a billboard.

WHO THE HELL CARES?

Good for you!

You are not a nice person. Period.

There is NOTHING to envy about you. NOTHING!

God does not like arrogance. It is one of the things he hates, actually.

Proverbs Chapter 6

Besides, you are in hock to your ears and Mari made you.

However. I REPEAT..... who the hell cares?

Seriosly, YOU have MAJOR insecurity issues and are just a nasty person.

You lack any humility...Yet, you talk about God.

Delusional!

What rubbish!

TPMP 35

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan, Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puerto Rico appeals to young entrepreneurs 18 hr Allan 3
Six former Puerto Rico police officers plead gu... Tue Allan 7
NY Fed: Puerto Rico should seek economic reforms Jul 31 Jorge 1
Jennifer Lopez honored by scientists who name P... Jul '14 Allan 2
Reader photos: Puerto Ricans march for independ... Jun '14 LongIslander1987 2
Photos: Felix Verdejo Putting in Work in The Bronx Jun '14 Allan 4
Haitians left on barren islands off Puerto Rico Jun '14 lol 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••