Puerto Rico slowly warms to more gay rights

Mar 2, 2013 Full story: Bellingham Herald 88

In this Feb. 18, 2013 photo, demonstrators stand outside the capitol building during a "Puerto Rico Rises" rally to protest any move to legalize same-sex marriage in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1 Mar 2, 2013
An article full of contradictions.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#2 Mar 2, 2013
Hey, el cacique/TPMP:

What does Ricky Martin have to say about all this????

ROTFLMAO!
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#3 Mar 2, 2013
An article full of contradictions because of a people full of contradictions .. I lived there long enough to know that Puertoricans practice homosexuality on a scale as large as anywhere else in the world .. And as everywhere else in the world hypocrisy is the order of the day ..
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
An article full of contradictions because of a people full of contradictions .. I lived there long enough to know that Puertoricans practice homosexuality on a scale as large as anywhere else in the world .. And as everywhere else in the world hypocrisy is the order of the day ..
And I bet you met some extremely LARGE Puerto Ricans....

Come on, now!

Admit it, don't be such a hypocrite; you DO loved LARGE Puerto Ricans....while here and are just eating your heart out there, in extremely SMALL Argentinians....

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#5 Mar 2, 2013
Full rights for gay Americans is inevitable ... it will apply to Puerto Rico regardless of how many people protest.

PRSC Chief Justice Denton even quoted Obama saying that we as a nation must move forward and make homosexuals equal in order to "complete the journey" started in 1776.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#6 Mar 2, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
...homosexuals equal...
homo...who????

What a therapeutic word!

Its like calling you heterosexual, all the time...

Why don't we drop the scientific nonsense and refer to all of us as Americans?
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
Did ICE catch you with an overextended tourist visa, here?
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
And I bet you met some extremely LARGE Puerto Ricans....
Come on, now!
Admit it, don't be such a hypocrite; you DO loved LARGE Puerto Ricans....while here and are just eating your heart out there, in extremely SMALL Argentinians....
I did meet a lot of Puerto ricans ; some large , some normal and some small , like everywhere else .. In that respect Argentinians , North Americans , Europeans, etc. are all alike .. Don't brag ..
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did ICE catch you with an overextended tourist visa, here?
No ; my husband is Puertorican and , after many years , we're still going strong .. He likes it here .. We both hate anything that smacks of nationalism ; which is nothing else but " loving " your country and hating every other .. Ignoramus stuff ..
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
homo...who????
What a therapeutic word!
Its like calling you heterosexual, all the time...
Why don't we drop the scientific nonsense and refer to all of us as Americans?
I agree with you a hundred percent on this .. But it's just the unfortunate way we've been conditioned ..
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I did meet a lot of Puerto ricans ; some large , some normal and some small , like everywhere else .. In that respect Argentinians , North Americans , Europeans, etc. are all alike .. Don't brag ..
You're the one complaining!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#12 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>No ; my husband is Puertorican and , after many years , we're still going strong .. He likes it here .. We both hate anything that smacks of nationalism ; which is nothing else but " loving " your country and hating every other .. Ignoramus stuff ..
What "country" is your hubby from?

Puerto Rico???

ROTFLMAO

That's like saying that you're from the "country" of Cordoba or one of your country's provinces.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#13 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you a hundred percent on this .. But it's just the unfortunate way we've been conditioned ..
Well "decondition" yourself, sweetheart!

Welcome to the 21st century (ooops! we're 13 yrs in the 21st century).
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#14 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I did meet a lot of Puerto ricans ; some large , some normal and some small , like everywhere else .. In that respect Argentinians , North Americans , Europeans, etc. are all alike .. Don't brag ..
Your husband is an American from Puerto Rico but you met "lots" of Puerto Ricans?????

...and you're still going strong?????

while meeting some small, large, extra large...????

These two messages are as contradictory as the article itself.

You're married but at the same time sleeping around?
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#15 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one complaining!
I'm NOT complaining .. I'm telling it like it is and you know it .. Much as I love Puerto Rico there's a lot that could be better there ; as there's a lot that could be better in Argentina , the US and every other country on earth ..
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband is an American from Puerto Rico but you met "lots" of Puerto Ricans?????
...and you're still going strong?????
while meeting some small, large, extra large...????
These two messages are as contradictory as the article itself.
You're married but at the same time sleeping around?
You don't deserve an answer .. You talk more incoherent nonsense than I've heard in a long while .. Organize your thoughts and stop spewing crap if you want to be taken seriously .. But maybe your aspirations can't match your mental powers ..
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#18 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>You don't deserve an answer .. You talk more incoherent nonsense than I've heard in a long while .. Organize your thoughts and stop spewing crap if you want to be taken seriously .. But maybe your aspirations can't match your mental powers ..
Hey...you're the one with a husband while sleeping around (left, right and sideways) and keeping measures.

At least protect him from any VD's if you love him.

Talking about incoherent behavior...
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#19 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I'm NOT complaining .. I'm telling it like it is and you know it .. Much as I love Puerto Rico there's a lot that could be better there...
This kind of LOVE, we, Puerto Ricans can do without.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Fix your own country and then we'll talk about mine (the big, ol' USA).
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#20 Mar 2, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I'm NOT complaining ..
david traversa wrote:
.. hypocrisy is the order of the day ..
Which is it, love?

You're not complaining yet in the same breath are calling us-hypocrites?

Hopefully, people like you will not be coming back to Puerto Rico (always remember, you think we're hypocrites).

Your words, not mine!
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#21 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of LOVE, we, Puerto Ricans can do without.
Thanks, but no thanks.
Fix your own country and then we'll talk about mine (the big, ol' USA).
"Fix your own country and then we'll talk about mine (the big, ol' USA)."
David left the USA for Argentina years ago.
No one seems to miss him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan, Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Six former Puerto Rico police officers plead gu... Dec 24 allan 15
Undeclared cash lands pilot in jail in Puerto Rico Dec 11 JMWinPR 10
35 Cities Join Global Comeback Effort Dec 10 allan 5
Airbag Recall Nov '14 JSantoli 1
Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban Nov '14 lides 105
Former Puerto Rico mayor pleads guilty to solic... Oct '14 gypsyglo 1
Puerto Rico R&G Financial Corporation settles f... (Feb '08) Oct '14 dariusrickard 15
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:57 am PST