Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Puerto Rico Completes Phase One of...

Mar 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hotel Online

The first phase debuted 195 main tower guest rooms revamped with new furniture, carpets, bathrooms and design elements.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2012
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

When my parents married in 1954, they honeymooned in the Caribe Hilton...so maybe I was conceived there...

I wonder how many Puerto Ricans owe their existence to the Caribe Hilton....LOL
TPMP

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

A hot hotel!
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

TPMP wrote:
A hot hotel!
The Tropics....a couple of Piņa Coladas (which were invented the same year, 1954, in the Caribe Hilton) and a full moon...must have conspired...

My Dad is still complaining that some of their guests wouldn't leave their suite, and on the contrary kept on asking for drinks from the bar....including the ever expensive Piņa Coladas, which Dad still remembers the price....$4 bucks (in those days)-hey, it was the Hilton and the bartender had just won the first price in an international competition.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

TPMP wrote:
A hot hotel!
Last time I "roamed around" the Hilton's lobby, when my Mom would still enjoy a full dinner...I came across some display of photos from couple which actually were married in the Hilton (or spent their honeymoon there) since its opening in 1953 and would return over the years....
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

couples

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••