Caribe Hilton unveils guest room upgrades

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: WIDN Design Network 17

Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Puerto Rico has unveiled the first phase of a room renovation worth over $8 million.

Full Story
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#1 Mar 22, 2012
Look's great.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#2 Mar 23, 2012
TPMP wrote:
Look's great.
The Caribe Hilton's location is one of the most spectacular of any hotels I have seen...
TPMP

North Bergen, NJ

#3 Mar 24, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Caribe Hilton's location is one of the most spectacular of any hotels I have seen...
I agree, man. Probably one of the best views i have ever seen in San Juan.

I once saw the hotel from a private luxury apartment where one can see the whole view of the Condado.

Spectacular.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Mar 24, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, man. Probably one of the best views i have ever seen in San Juan.
I once saw the hotel from a private luxury apartment where one can see the whole view of the Condado.
Spectacular.
In fact, the "boxy" form, its orientation (taking advantage of its location and ocean breezes), the lobby (among the factors) made its architecture winner of international awards and started a trend in the hotel (hospitality) modern concept....

It was a local firm, Toro and assoc. which was launched to international architectural fame....

After the Caribe Hilton, the Ambassador Hotel in Santo Domingo was built by Trujillo...following its pattern.
TPMP

North Bergen, NJ

#5 Mar 27, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, the "boxy" form, its orientation (taking advantage of its location and ocean breezes), the lobby (among the factors) made its architecture winner of international awards and started a trend in the hotel (hospitality) modern concept....
It was a local firm, Toro and assoc. which was launched to international architectural fame....
After the Caribe Hilton, the Ambassador Hotel in Santo Domingo was built by Trujillo...following its pattern.
Intresting. The old Jaragua?
TPMP

North Bergen, NJ

#6 Mar 27, 2012
Never mind....I checked. It's not.
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Mar 27, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
You never cease to amaze me with all of this trivia...I hear a book in your future...anywayyysss...What is the Ambassador Hotel in Santo Domingo today? Same name?
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#8 Mar 27, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text> Intresting. The old Jaragua?
The Jaragua, which by the way is my favorite among hotels in the capital, was the first hotel built by Trujillo in the late 40's.

Its grounds are magnificent!

And the location...well, it was the first built by Trujillo, so its in the middle of the exclusive Gascue zone, with all its magnificent 1930'2 and 40's mansions....

By the way, the Lina hotel has the best cuisine, for its chefs still follow Lina's gourmet cuisine (she used to be Trujillo's chef).
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#9 Mar 27, 2012
TRUTH IS RELATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
You never cease to amaze me with all of this trivia...I hear a book in your future...anywayyysss...What is the Ambassador Hotel in Santo Domingo today? Same name?
I don't know...because depending on the international chain that buys them (in the Dominican Rep. are usually Spanish chains like the Barceló)...

Did you know that the Trujillo family took over the Ambassador's entire top floor for their personal use?

In fact, that's where most of the Trujillo family was-Dña. María, Angelita, Rhadamés, Morales Troncoso (one of his ministers) except Ramfis, when he was gunned down in 1961.

I love Santo Domingo.

Next time you go, try to start an architectural tour, from the Ozama docks next to Diego Colon's castle and walk towards the west...passing the Pza. de la Catedral, the Conde Street ect...that's how Santo Domingo grew (from the Ozama to the west) and you'll see how the architecture changes according to the historical period.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#10 Mar 27, 2012
TRUTH IS RELATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
You never cease to amaze me with all of this trivia...I hear a book in your future...anywayyysss...
Who knows?

But, I have to share all this "trivia" (according to my sister, which I used to bore her to death)...LOL...I would die or it comes out of some body part (which I'll leave to your imagination)....LOL

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah a
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Mar 27, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jaragua, which by the way is my favorite among hotels in the capital, was the first hotel built by Trujillo in the late 40's.
Its grounds are magnificent!
And the location...well, it was the first built by Trujillo, so its in the middle of the exclusive Gascue zone, with all its magnificent 1930'2 and 40's mansions....
By the way, the Lina hotel has the best cuisine, for its chefs still follow Lina's gourmet cuisine (she used to be Trujillo's chef).
In fact, try to go to the Anacaona park, so you can see where the embassies are, including some houses of the filthy rich Dominicans (including Sammy Sosa´s)....

Man, talking about diplomatic mansions....

On the Malecón, ask to the taxi driver to take you to Flor de Oro's mansion (when she was married to Rubirosa)....it is smacked near the Obelisco, in Gazcue.

Did you know that the Malecón was built by Trujillo so that his eldest son, apparent heir, Ramfis, could race his European cars?
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Mar 27, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, try to go to the Anacaona park, so you can see where the embassies are, including some houses of the filthy rich Dominicans (including Sammy Sosa´s)....
Man, talking about diplomatic mansions....
On the Malecón, ask to the taxi driver to take you to Flor de Oro's mansion (when she was married to Rubirosa)....it is smacked near the Obelisco, in Gazcue.
Did you know that the Malecón was built by Trujillo so that his eldest son, apparent heir, Ramfis, could race his European cars?
When I think of that monster I cringe...talk about decadent to the core.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#13 Mar 27, 2012
TRUTH IS RELATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of that monster I cringe...talk about decadent to the core.
We have to judge a historic character within the country's history and circumstances (including international geopolitics) which produced it.
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Mar 30, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to judge a historic character within the country's history and circumstances (including international geopolitics) which produced it.
Anyone who orders the torture and massacre of defenseless people is a criminal.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#15 Mar 30, 2012
TRUTH IS RELATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who orders the torture and massacre of defenseless people is a criminal.
Talking about Guantanamo and Abu Dhabi again?
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Mar 31, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about Guantanamo and Abu Dhabi again?
"Anyone"
LUIS MALDONADO

Birmingham, AL

#17 Apr 1, 2012
VERY INTERESTING!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan, Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neighborhood reborn amid Puerto Rico decline Tue GodSmacked 6
Puerto Rico debuts as leading Caribbean yachtin... Sep 28 dennis 4
Watershed Implications of Sediment and Nutrient... Sep 26 allan 3
Jennifer Lopez honored by scientists who name P... Sep 4 Ikyb 3
Puerto Rico appeals to young entrepreneurs Aug '14 Allan 3
Six former Puerto Rico police officers plead gu... Aug '14 Allan 4
NY Fed: Puerto Rico should seek economic reforms Jul '14 Jorge 1

San Juan, Puerto Rico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE