Anti gay marriage protesters pressure Puerto Rican gov't

There are 20 comments on the 13WHAM story from Apr 13, 2013, titled Anti gay marriage protesters pressure Puerto Rican gov't. In it, 13WHAM reports that:

File photo of a same-sex wedding cake-topper as a lesbian couple applies for a marriage license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WHAM.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 14, 2013
It's Catholic territory.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#2 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
It's Catholic territory.
What about the thousand plus murders each year?

Doesn't seem too Catholic to me, this territory (colony of what's left of the US once great empire)!

Even our flag's name is "old glory"????

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 14, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the thousand plus murders each year?
Doesn't seem too Catholic to me, this territory (colony of what's left of the US once great empire)!
Even our flag's name is "old glory"????
If you think that "Catholic" and "murders" don't go together in a sentence, I suggest you read some better histories.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that "Catholic" and "murders" don't go together in a sentence, I suggest you read some better histories.
Some Christians, as always, selectively applying the Bible to what, conviniently, suits them.

Puerto Ricans have to learn that religion and state matters ought to be separated (as Jesus taught us-"...al CÚsar lo que es del CÚsar; a Dios, lo que es de Dios...").

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Christians, as always, selectively applying the Bible to what, conviniently, suits them.
Puerto Ricans have to learn that religion and state matters ought to be separated (as Jesus taught us-"...al CÚsar lo que es del CÚsar; a Dios, lo que es de Dios...").
True, but with Catholicism, the murders were INSTITUTIONAL.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 14, 2013
Where there is a conflict between man's requirements and God's requirements.

God comes first.

People conveniently misintepret the Ceaser scriptural reference all the time.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 14, 2013
They should be concerned about status before this issue.

Talk about "the Cart before the horse".

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
Where there is a conflict between man's requirements and God's requirements.
God comes first.
People conveniently misintepret the Ceaser scriptural reference all the time.
Saul disagreed with you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul disagreed with you.
Expand.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#10 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text> Expand.
Expand those azz cheeks, TPMP!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul disagreed with you.
El cacique's (aka TPMP) son is gay and he uses his JW religion to abuse him!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#12 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
They should be concerned about status before this issue.
Talk about "the Cart before the horse".
"they"??? As if Bronx's NewYoricans concern themseleves first with their own poverty and state's welfare dependance before any religious matters.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#13 Apr 14, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Expand those azz cheeks, TPMP!
Jorge has to desperately ratchet up his comments. He can't help being a pathetic fa**ot troll.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#14 Apr 14, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
"they"??? As if Bronx's NewYoricans concern themseleves first with their own poverty and state's welfare dependance before any religious matters.
Yadda... Yadaa.

Get some new material.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#15 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>
Jorge has to desperately ratchet up his comments. He can't help being a pathetic fa**ot troll.
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>Do i come off too serious to you?
I get that impression.
I didn't mean to sound like a lecturing father to you in my other posts. I can't help it. You should hear and see me in person. I sound like a drill sargent at times. LOL!
But, I do have a good sense of humor.
Yeah, right!

Abuse disguised as a "drill sargent"????

Leave that poor gay kid of yours alone or I'll report you to the South Bronx's police!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#16 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>
Jorge has to desperately ratchet up his comments. He can't help being a pathetic fa**ot troll.
You are used to degrading your only son with such insults as "fa-ggot"!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#17 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>
Jorge has to desperately ratchet up his comments. He can't help being a pathetic fa**ot troll.
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text> Correct. I don't hate anyone. Nor am i homophobic.
==========
He is just trying to bait. Same ol sh*t with him as usual.
You're full of hate and contempt against the LGBTTy community!

Here's the proof!

Why do you constanly lie?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Apr 14, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text> Expand.
If you're inclined to use that anthology of old writings as an authority in contemporary issues, then you need to recognize that Saul declared that Civil Governments are emplaced by "God", and he orders his followers to obey them.

Yeshua, on the other hand, was essentially saying that such things are irrelevant to his message. He didn't come to enact another rule book, but to teach the proper approach to the old one ... from love and compassion for others. With those two as the sincere inner motivation for decisions and action, you are assured that you can't go far wrong, and where you do, it's forgiven.

I'll take Mark, Matthew, James, and John the presbyter over Saul every time.
TPMP

Greenwich, CT

#19 Apr 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're inclined to use that anthology of old writings as an authority in contemporary issues, then you need to recognize that Saul declared that Civil Governments are emplaced by "God", and he orders his followers to obey them.
Yeshua, on the other hand, was essentially saying that such things are irrelevant to his message. He didn't come to enact another rule book, but to teach the proper approach to the old one ... from love and compassion for others. With those two as the sincere inner motivation for decisions and action, you are assured that you can't go far wrong, and where you do, it's forgiven.
I'll take Mark, Matthew, James, and John the presbyter over Saul every time.
You are making a reference to Romans ch 13 in the wrong context.

"All teaching is inspired from God and is beneficial for teaching and setting things straight" I don't have my bible in front of me, or i would quote the chapter and verse.

God has moral laws and he as our creator knows what is best for us.

==========

I do appreciate your civil response. That goes along way toward constructive dialogue.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#20 Apr 15, 2013
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>You are making a reference to Romans ch 13 in the wrong context.
"All teaching is inspired from God and is beneficial for teaching and setting things straight" I don't have my bible in front of me, or i would quote the chapter and verse.
God has moral laws and he as our creator knows what is best for us.
==========
I do appreciate your civil response. That goes along way toward constructive dialogue.
Here's more civility:
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>Correct. He also made a reference to Sodom.
People conviently forget that the apostle's expanded on Jesus ministry.
They would have stated nothing without the approval of Jesus. It simply would not have made it in the new testament.
If one doesn't want to respect on the other apostle's thoughts on the subject. Then they deny Jehovah and Jesus teachings. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan, Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Puerto Rico governor signs order legalizing med... 1 hr GodSmacked 2
News Angelica Campos (Jun '10) Mar '15 cats 252
News For Americans, Puerto Rico is an easy beach get... Mar '15 LongIslander1987 4
News Puerto Rico authorities seize 222 pounds of coc... Feb '15 allan 3
News Cedar Hill couple get 15 years for tax-preparat... Feb '15 JMWinPR 1
News First Trailer for Johnny Depp's The Rum Diary (Aug '11) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 2
News Puerto Rico governor seeks new value-added tax Feb '15 Jorge 2
More from around the web