Portland bike rider wins challenge to...

Portland bike rider wins challenge to $143 ticket for carrying friend on the back

There are 5 comments on the The Oregonian story from Jun 22, 2010, titled Portland bike rider wins challenge to $143 ticket for carrying friend on the back. In it, The Oregonian reports that:

Kenneth Southerland had offered to give a friend a ride on the back of his bicycle last February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Oregonian.

it just takes one

Portland, OR

#1 Jun 22, 2010
boy you are a lucky SOB, not having the courts stick the ticket too you, to show what an idiot you must be, I just gotta say WOW!!! the bike' will hold the extra 128lbs, but what will the two of you do when you need to take evasive action of that car that nearly comes way too close for you and you crash that bike' and it is not even the car's fault as he was on the correct side of the bicycle path lane line. you were riding so very close to it but hey you were on your side as well, but who got hurt, also was your extra rider wearing the protective head gear as the law states, maybe the officer gave you a ticket and the judge who is most likely a fan of the City of Portland Mayor ole' Sammy what a bike seat up his back side, maybe the judge likes to have the same, any ways you get too close too the line when I am out there and you will most likely be picking your ass up off the ground. rules are rules and you broke this one and got off, but do not most gay men get off, the bike's they ride, more of you that will die by practicing this kind of procedure,
just watch out the next time you will not be so lucky as you will die??????????

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2 Jun 23, 2010
it just takes one wrote:
but what will the two of you do when you need to take evasive action of that car that nearly comes way too close for you and you crash that bike' and it is not even the car's fault as he was on the correct side of the bicycle path lane line.
What if aliens drop an A-Bomb on the bicyclist and then shoot them with their Bop Guns? What if the airliner would have crashed into a school full of bunnies and there was one survivor who ran home and beat his wife unmercifully? What if there was another shooter on that grassy knoll in Dallas?
it just takes one

Portland, OR

#3 Jun 23, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>What if aliens drop an A-Bomb on the bicyclist and then shoot them with their Bop Guns? What if the airliner would have crashed into a school full of bunnies and there was one survivor who ran home and beat his wife unmercifully? What if there was another shooter on that grassy knoll in Dallas?
yes we could have had rabiit stew had the dog not stopped to take a shit. BTW, their was a second shooter on the Grassy Knoll that fateful day in Dallas, Tx. it was me, but first I had too beat my wife silly just for kicks, as she would have called the FBI, oh I forget they already knew it was I, and that wasn't enough,
Hop lite

United States

#4 Jul 8, 2012
WTF is the world coming to. A guy gets a ticket for a piggy back ride on a bicycle. It's all you liberal bed wetters making this world ridiculous. This country and it's sue happy fine everybody for anything is absolutely pathetic.

“Did you say something?”

Since: Jul 12

San Diego, CA.

#5 Jul 9, 2012
We'd be talking about a different kind of story if the bike had fallen over into the road and a car had run over the two people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to town, hurting and needing H bad (Sep '13) Tue 503starstar 57
nicks marine and performance are liars and stol... Jun 27 Discusted 1
how you hate oregon; let you count the ways (Feb '07) Jun 27 LelandSeal 2,411
Organized Stalking / Gang Stalking Oregon Forum (Jan '14) Jun 24 Kjp 62
Nicks Marine and Performance - Ripped us off - ... Jun 20 BURT 1
Nicks Marine and Performance ripped me off- DO ... Jun 20 Burt 1
News Portland homelessness: Bleeding-heart liberal i... Jun 19 Who Knows Joe__ 5

Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portland Mortgages