Driver's license reform a priority fo...

Driver's license reform a priority for Martinez

There are 218 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Driver's license reform a priority for Martinez. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The men from Poland had settled near Chicago, but New Mexico offered what they coveted - driver's licenses without any proof of their immigration status.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Clean up

Mililani, HI

#1 Jan 22, 2011
the mess Richardson created and left behind.
Real problems

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jan 22, 2011
What about jobs? Or was that just a bunch of campaign talk
Ruu

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jan 22, 2011
Yeah,Richardson allready gave everybody in Juarez
a driver's license, it's kind of late for Martinez
to fix that matter anymore, but at least she tried
to do the tight thing. I don't know what this world
is coming to, it's to bad she came in a little to late and I don't know how this people got their
driver's license because some were illegal imigrants and the Motor Vehicle Dept. was allways
very full, one time I went and had to wait about
an hour and this people came over to US and they
were allowed to have appointments to get their
driver's license.
still possible

Roswell, NM

#4 Jan 22, 2011
Ruu wrote:
Yeah,Richardson allready gave everybody in Juarez
a driver's license, it's kind of late for Martinez
to fix that matter anymore, but at least she tried
to do the tight thing. I don't know what this world
is coming to, it's to bad she came in a little to late and I don't know how this people got their
driver's license because some were illegal imigrants and the Motor Vehicle Dept. was allways
very full, one time I went and had to wait about
an hour and this people came over to US and they
were allowed to have appointments to get their
driver's license.
Those licenses can always be revoked as far as the driving matter. Of course the ID itself would still exist until it expires. I wish they could have made the expiration dates yearly for those types of licenses because then the problem could solve itself.
slowly but surely

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Governor Martinez is exactly what we needed here in New Mexico. I get so irritated that illegals can come here and get a license without proof of residency in the USA. Remember people united states of Americans!
Crucen

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Jan 23, 2011
slowly but surely wrote:
Governor Martinez is exactly what we needed here in New Mexico. I get so irritated that illegals can come here and get a license without proof of residency in the USA. Remember people united states of Americans!
A while back at the DMV I happened to be behind two ladies who spoke only spanish. These ladies were talking and making no effort to hide the fact that as soon as they received their NM drivers licenses they were going straight to the human services department to file for emergency food stamps and sure enough who do I see at Wal Mart with two grocery carts full of beef brisket, steaks, sodas and junk food galore! Seeing the way these two ladies with there stupid little smirk as well as their actions at the DMV had me at the point where I literally wanted to slap them with their own side of brisket! Bill Richardson you are a worthless SOB!
Real problems

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Jan 23, 2011
slowly but surely wrote:
May your auto be hit by an unlicensed driver
Got to Wonder

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 Jan 23, 2011
I hope this get's done and welfare reform too.
Got to Wonder

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Jan 23, 2011
Crucen wrote:
<quoted text>
A while back at the DMV I happened to be behind two ladies who spoke only spanish. These ladies were talking and making no effort to hide the fact that as soon as they received their NM drivers licenses they were going straight to the human services department to file for emergency food stamps and sure enough who do I see at Wal Mart with two grocery carts full of beef brisket, steaks, sodas and junk food galore! Seeing the way these two ladies with there stupid little smirk as well as their actions at the DMV had me at the point where I literally wanted to slap them with their own side of brisket! Bill Richardson you are a worthless SOB!
I thought I was the only one to witness something like this, it's a slap in our face and wrong. We need change and I hope it happens soon.
Got to Wonder

Rio Rancho, NM

#10 Jan 23, 2011
Real problems wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend got in a car accident last summer, the driver that hit him had TX tags on his pick-up and a NM driver's license. Doesn't Texas require car insurance and a Texas DL when they register? The driver's vehicle only had one plate on the rear, nothing on the front and no inspection sticker on the wind shield, seems fishy. All he got cited for was no insurance and failing to yield to on coming traffic. I forgot to mention, he did not speak english, the officer had to wait for a translator. Laws do need to change!
Sam

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Jan 23, 2011
How about a line on the license that shows yes or no for citizenship? That might help with keeping uninsured out of the driver's seat as Richardson's goal and help solve the problem of using it as US ID.
Border Native-American

Florissant, CO

#12 Jan 23, 2011
Poles? lol How many 4? Silly Poles, the giving of driver's licenses was meant for people with brown skin from Mexico and Latin America. The last story they had on this they used Chinese as the example. Why don't they mention the invasion of Latino illegal aliens from Mexico, Latin American and South American by the multi-millions for multi-decades? Or is this politically incorrect for the press?
sincamisa

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 23, 2011
Gotta say I was not a Martinez fan before the election, but most of what I read about what she is doing I like.

One convert here.
predictor

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2011
Real problems wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the illegal that obtained the license on Monday with proof of insurance, then dropped the insurance on Tuesday, and will smash into your car on Wednesday?
Cosoll Grinkinly

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 23, 2011
Border Native-American wrote:
Poles? lol How many 4? Silly Poles, the giving of driver's licenses was meant for people with brown skin from Mexico and Latin America. The last story they had on this they used Chinese as the example. Why don't they mention the invasion of Latino illegal aliens from Mexico, Latin American and South American by the multi-millions for multi-decades? Or is this politically incorrect for the press?
Somebody call Chuck Norris!

Invasion USA!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 23, 2011
Real problems wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's to say they are the only ones that are unlicensed. Careful of what you wish for, it may come back and bite you on the a**.
hunkie boy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#17 Jan 23, 2011
the gov. is doing a great job!
perez dicks cafe

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Jan 23, 2011
well who wants a nm license? i gave up mine so did my wife, so not paying state income taxes..... d
Common sense

Dallas, TX

#19 Jan 23, 2011
Real problems wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash they don't buy auto insurance!! Just like they don't buy health care, and food NM taxpayers do!!
chldy

Rio Rancho, NM

#20 Jan 23, 2011
as someone who works with law enforcement I see that giving these people a d.l. did nothing to make drivers safer. They still dont register their cars,or buy insurance. The illegal alien sells the drivers lic. like it was a commodity on the stock market. They use thier kids social security number and sell it to the highest buyer.People have forgotton how much damage identity theft does. When your identity is stolen,for the rest of your life you are cleaning that mess up.
So I for one want to see this practice go,and will do whatever I can to help make it happen.The illegals have bankrupted this county and we have to put it back togeather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Przemysl, Poland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Polish church celebrates Resurrection (Mar '16) Mar '16 tworowwampum 1
News Polish opposition names hawkish lawmaker as def... (Oct '15) Oct '15 bluestreak returns 2
News Poles ambiguous over EU's, Francis' call on ref... (Sep '15) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 24
News Poland's Catholics ambiguous over Francis' call... (Sep '15) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 6
News The Latest: Polish authorities ban anti-migrant... (Sep '15) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 12
News Polish President concedes election to challenge... (May '15) May '15 William Dale Math... 1
News Polish miners in hunger strike, sit-in over wag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Totalitarian Poli... 4
More from around the web