Gov. wants to repeal '03 immigrant li...

Gov. wants to repeal '03 immigrant licensing law; NM has issued more than 82,000 licenses to ille...

There are 105 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Gov. wants to repeal '03 immigrant licensing law; NM has issued more than 82,000 licenses to ille.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The men from Poland had settled near Chicago, but New Mexico offered what they coveted - driver's licenses without any proof of their immigration status.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
NuclearBlast

United States

#1 Jan 23, 2011
82,000 licenses to illegals.
Welcome to NM, the free welfare State.
NM can't pay it' bills as it is yet we invite people who have broken US immigration laws to come here .
str8talk wolfe

United States

#2 Jan 23, 2011
will you look at that?
finally a governor with some Balls!!!!!!!
it amazes me that.
we now have women leaders showing more back bone then these pathatic ass kissing men.who stroke each other.
and nobody.but them. are satisfied.

i am so damn sick and tired of politians catering to thier special interest groups.
what in the hell is so wrong about America maintaining its sovereignty?
we go all over the world protecting other ungrateful countries.and we cant even protect our own.
and because of spineless politicians.
illegal aliens
think they have more rights then i or any other true red,white and blue American !!!!!!!
i am so freaken tired of you liberals making this a racial issue.
when will you thick headed numbskulls realize .they are here illegally!!!!!!!
i dont give a damn if thier here for a job.
they are stealing jobs!!
and dont give me this b.s. about
they do what Americans wont do.
ive dug ditches before.and if i need to do it again.to put food on the table.
i'll do it all again.
they say there are 82,000 illegal aliens with drivers license in new mexico.
that shoud be an 82,000 count indictment on all of those foolish butt kissing legislators who voted to give them licenses to begin with.
and against False king richardson.
the charge?
im sure theres a law against aiding and abedding a criminal.
entering another mans country without permission.is crime.
fond of farmington

Huntsville, AL

#3 Jan 23, 2011
YOU GO GOV.
2cool4school

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Jan 23, 2011
About time! Illegal is Illegal
Mrs A

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jan 23, 2011
Sometimes it takes a woman to do a man's job---especially if the men are wishy washy politicians trying to line their own pockets
none

Corrales, NM

#6 Jan 23, 2011
What a dog and pony show. Waste time, money, and resources that will do nothing but make our roads less safe, and illegals harder to track.

This buffoon is going to bring National embarrassment to this great State before she is done. Wait and see.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Danny

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 23, 2011
For years - vote for Bill Richardson - a man that will save NM.

And of course - straight party voters did as he told them. All the time he was driving NM into a deep hole.

I hope everyone that ever voted for Richardson feels the pain they caused!
Success

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 23, 2011
none wrote:
What a dog and pony show. Waste time, money, and resources that will do nothing but make our roads less safe, and illegals harder to track.
This buffoon is going to bring National embarrassment to this great State before she is done. Wait and see.
Failure to enforce existing laws is a national embarrassment. Requiring US citizens to pay the bills of illegals is a national embarrassment.
jonny

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 23, 2011
Good going Governor!

I am new to NM and wasnt aware illegals were able to obtain driver licenses in NM! What a crock! Any other idiot laws in this state?

Makes sense.
iwasthere

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Jan 23, 2011
Well way to go Gov. Martinez!!!!

This is way rediculous 82,000 illegals have gotten a drivers licence here in NM. have any of you tried to get a drivers licence lately? I took my teen ager down there 2 years ago and after 3 trips back to the house to get some document the DMV fails to tell you that you need she finally got her licence!
I hope you don't stop there Gov Martinez.
In the past 15 years my wife has been in a minor car accident 3 times each time the other driver was at fault and each time the other driver had zero insurance.
Here we are following the law paying for our insurance plus paying a higher rate for carring the uninsured motorist policy. What a bunch of crap.
see its against the law to not have insurance yet they turn around and sell unisured policies to protect yourself.

The big problem with our politicians is most of the are or were lawyers at one time so they know how to twist everything to basically fill their pocketbooks.
Sure there are some good ones in office but we need to make sure they do a term or two then they are gone! Im talking about our congressmen and women. They don't adhere to the same rules as we do, they get better insurance and retirements.
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jan 23, 2011
I sent the following e-mail to Senator Richard Martinez of Espanola
[email protected]

Just exactly what is it you don't understand about the word "ILLEGAL"???????

Why are all "ILLEGALS" who happen to stumble into New Mexico entitled to benefits and services that LEGAL New Mexico resident are not permitted to receive? Yet we are the ones paying the taxes.

I suspect you introduced this bill solely to counteract and undermine Governor Martinez's initiative to
revoke all New Mexico drivers licenses that have been issued to "ILLEGALS" since 2003.

Your bill should more appropriately be titled NON-ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS

In my opinion, you Democrats are a pathetic bunch of sore losers and sanctimonious hypocrites.

“Oh please!!!!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 23, 2011
Absolutely wrote:
I sent the following e-mail to Senator Richard Martinez of Espanola
[email protected]
Just exactly what is it you don't understand about the word "ILLEGAL"???????
Why are all "ILLEGALS" who happen to stumble into New Mexico entitled to benefits and services that LEGAL New Mexico resident are not permitted to receive? Yet we are the ones paying the taxes.
I suspect you introduced this bill solely to counteract and undermine Governor Martinez's initiative to
revoke all New Mexico drivers licenses that have been issued to "ILLEGALS" since 2003.
Your bill should more appropriately be titled NON-ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS
In my opinion, you Democrats are a pathetic bunch of sore losers and sanctimonious hypocrites.
amen...nuff said
CornDogz

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 23, 2011
Mrs A wrote:
Sometimes it takes a woman to do a man's job---especially if the men are wishy washy politicians trying to line their own pockets
Since when was a Governor's job exclusively a man's position?
CornDogz

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jan 23, 2011
none wrote:
Richardson already embarrassed NM on the National front, numerous times. An ILLEGAL with a NM DL doesn't make our roads any safer than one w/o a NM DL. You are simply parroting the same nonsense $Bill and Denish spewed with no facts to back it up.

Keep up the good work Susana, STAY THE COURSE!!!
CornDogz

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 23, 2011
jonny wrote:
Good going Governor!
I am new to NM and wasnt aware illegals were able to obtain driver licenses in NM! What a crock! Any other idiot laws in this state?
Makes sense.
More than you care to know, but with new leadership at the helm, some of them may be changed.
noway

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jan 23, 2011
i hope there is no delay to this. but don't like how they want to offer some permit back to them???? Just take the dang things already and send them all back. make them apply properly to be here. including their kids.
The Answer

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jan 23, 2011
none wrote:
"Illegal immigrants are boycotting Arizona by the thousands, showing their outrage with Arizona 's controversial new SB-1070 law by moving elsewhere.

In the small town of Guadalupe AZ , south of Phoenix , Manuel Renaldo is one of those who is punishing Arizona by leaving. As he loaded his stolen car with his belongings and family of ten, Renaldo told this reporter through an interpreter, "It's a matter of principle. I refuse to be supported by a state that treats me like a criminal."

The effects of the exodus are being felt by Arizona retailers who are reporting dwindling sales of beer, spray paint, and ammunition. Also hit hard are the state’s hospitals, which have reported a dramatic decline in births and emergency room visits. Tattoo parlors are also in a state of panic.

Renaldo told a reporter through an interpreter , "He and his family are moving to California , which is a state that will support him and his family with dignity. There are far more Democrats there!"
CornDogz

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jan 23, 2011
The Answer wrote:
<quoted text>"Illegal immigrants are boycotting Arizona by the thousands, showing their outrage with Arizona 's controversial new SB-1070 law by moving elsewhere.
In the small town of Guadalupe AZ , south of Phoenix , Manuel Renaldo is one of those who is punishing Arizona by leaving. As he loaded his stolen car with his belongings and family of ten, Renaldo told this reporter through an interpreter, "It's a matter of principle. I refuse to be supported by a state that treats me like a criminal."
The effects of the exodus are being felt by Arizona retailers who are reporting dwindling sales of beer, spray paint, and ammunition. Also hit hard are the state’s hospitals, which have reported a dramatic decline in births and emergency room visits. Tattoo parlors are also in a state of panic.
Renaldo told a reporter through an interpreter , "He and his family are moving to California , which is a state that will support him and his family with dignity. There are far more Democrats there!"
Lol, these ILLEGALS obviously don't understand that CA is over $25BILLION in the hole already!
Ringling Brothers

Rio Rancho, NM

#19 Jan 23, 2011
The Answer wrote:
<quoted text>"Illegal immigrants are boycotting Arizona by the thousands, showing their outrage with Arizona 's controversial new SB-1070 law by moving elsewhere.
LOL, go down to SJRMC to watch the Circus; Rob Mayes' Farmington being a Safe Haven and all.
Real problems

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jan 23, 2011
Those pesky immigrants paying the state for licenses and registrations. We don't need their money, let them send it back home where it won't help dig us out of this hole. Maybe we should be charging triple for these licenses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Przemysl, Poland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Polish church celebrates Resurrection Mar '16 tworowwampum 1
News Polish opposition names hawkish lawmaker as def... (Oct '15) Oct '15 bluestreak returns 2
News Poles ambiguous over EU's, Francis' call on ref... (Sep '15) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 24
News Poland's Catholics ambiguous over Francis' call... (Sep '15) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 6
News The Latest: Polish authorities ban anti-migrant... (Sep '15) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 12
News Polish President concedes election to challenge... (May '15) May '15 William Dale Math... 1
News Polish miners in hunger strike, sit-in over wag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Totalitarian Poli... 4
More from around the web