Death toll from Pakistan floods rises to 1,100

Full story: LA Daily News 17
The death toll from massive floods in northwestern Pakistan rose to 1,100 Sunday as rescue workers struggled to save more than 27,000 people still trapped by the raging water. Full Story
Do you Question Me

Mission Hills, CA

#1 Aug 1, 2010
Too bad it wasn't 500,000 dead.
Sick and Tired

La Mirada, CA

#2 Aug 1, 2010
Good.
UR not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Aug 1, 2010
If they didn't pray and kill so much maybe they could work on their infrastructure.Pray you sinners,not one penny of aid.Get rid of Allah and work.
Do you Question Me

Mission Hills, CA

#4 Aug 1, 2010
1,100+ less suicide bombers in the world.
Professor Hackenbush

Valley Village, CA

#5 Aug 1, 2010
God is great hahahahahahahaha wheres your prophet now?..Take a shower get a shave and get out of the 7Th century ..you want heaven try some baby back ribs then pound it down with an ice cold beer ..kick back turn on the ball game ..relax ..
Got it now

AOL

#6 Aug 1, 2010
I hope our Half Sack President does not give those back stabbing, goat smelling pieces of chit one penny

“http://www.pukaa r.org/donate.h”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 1, 2010
Do you Question Me wrote:
1,100+ less suicide bombers in the world.
All you on here relishing in the death of people should be ashamed of yourself's

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).
But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further.(hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009.(If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)
The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.
Here are the official tables provided in the reports…
click link if you actually want to see the truth with official tables instead of propaganda as spouted here.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/terrorism-in...

(According to the report, there was 1 “Islamist attack” in the UK in 2008, which was omitted in the table above. It has been included in the bar graph below.)
Just glancing at those tables is enough to know how absurd it is to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth. If we compile the data, it comes out to this:
Separatists 84.8% other 8.3% left wing 6.5% Islamist 0.4:
Perception is not reality. Due to the right wing’s influence and propaganda, people mistakenly think that Islamic terrorism is the greatest threat to the Western world. It is even a commonly held belief that Islamic terrorism poses an existential threat–that the very survival of the Western world is at stake. Of course, the reality is that there are other groups that engage in terrorism on a much larger scale, yet these terrorist incidents are minimized. Acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are purposefully sensationalized and focused upon, culminating in the idea that “(nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.”
Terrorism from Islamic extremists is certainly a cause for concern, but it need not be an issue that creates mass hysteria. Nor should it be allowed to be such a critical issue that we are willing to sacrifice our ideals or civil rights for fear of it. Neither should we be reduced to a status of absolute sissitude. We have analyzed data from America and Europe (a good portion of the entire Western world), and the threat from Islamic terrorism is much more minimal than commonly assumed; in the U.S., it accounts for 6% of terrorist attacks, and in Europe not even half of a percent.
It is only through sensationalism and fear mongering that the topic of Islamic terrorism is allowed to be used to demonize a religious community that happens to be a minority in the West. When confronted by such lunacy, we ought to respond with the facts and the truth.
In a future article, we shall analyze the data for terrorism on the world stage in order to further strengthen our argument…
Do you Question Me

Mission Hills, CA

#8 Aug 2, 2010
Ayesha-Livia wrote:
<quoted text>
All you on here relishing in the death of people should be ashamed of yourself's
Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).
But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further.(hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009.(If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)
The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.
Here are the official tables provided in the reports…
click link if you actually want to see the truth with official tables instead of propaganda as spouted here.
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/terrorism-in...
(According to the report, there was 1 “Islamist attack” in the UK in 2008, which was omitted in the table above. It has been included in the bar graph below.)
Just glancing at those tables is enough to know how absurd it is to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth. If we compile the data, it comes out to this:
Separatists 84.8% other 8.3% left wing 6.5% Islamist 0.4:
Perception is not reality. Due to the right wing’s influence and propaganda, people mistakenly think that Islamic terrorism is the greatest threat to the Western world. It is even a commonly held belief that Islamic terrorism poses an existential threat–that the very survival of the Western world is at stake. Of course, the reality is that there are other groups that engage in terrorism on a much larger scale, yet these terrorist incidents are minimized. Acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are purposefully sensationalized and focused upon, culminating in the idea that “(nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.”
Terrorism from Islamic extremists is certainly a cause for concern, but it need not be an issue that creates mass hysteria. Nor should it be allowed to be such a critical issue that we are willing to sacrifice our ideals or civil rights for fear of it. Neither should we be reduced to a status of absolute sissitude. We have analyzed data from America and Europe (a good portion of the entire Western world), and the threat from Islamic terrorism is much more minimal than commonly assumed; in the U.S., it accounts for 6% of terrorist attacks, and in Europe not even half of a percent.
It is only through sensationalism and fear mongering that the topic of Islamic terrorism is allowed to be used to demonize a religious community that happens to be a minority in the West. When confronted by such lunacy, we ought to respond with the facts and the truth.
In a future article, we shall analyze the data for terrorism on the world stage in order to further strengthen our argument…
WikiiLeaks and other news organizations have proved that Pakistan is helping the Taliban. Until they stop killing American troops they can be nuked by India for all I care.
Do you Question Me

Mission Hills, CA

#9 Aug 2, 2010
WikiLeaks and other news organization have proved that Pakistan is helping the Taliban. Pakistan can be nuked by India for all I care.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Aug 2, 2010
10,000 Killed :-'(

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#11 Aug 2, 2010
Pakistan has brought bad name to Islam....90% of the terrorists are directly linked to Pakistan.

All the Islamic nations should bomb Pakistan!

Location hidden

#12 Aug 3, 2010
Do you Question Me wrote:
WikiLeaks and other news organization have proved that Pakistan is helping the Taliban. Pakistan can be nuked by India for all I care.
USA should get out of Pakistan and go home. The drone attacks are mostly killing innocents and very few low level Taliban. It only creates more people joining Taliban. They are protecting there country. This war is never going to be won ever and our Government knows it. War is big business for USA. That's all it is.
shumyla

Pakistan

#13 Aug 4, 2010
ayesha dnt waste ur precious energy on these lame ppl!! they just talk ...and just love waging wars and it surely is a big business for the US!!! why dont u help ppl around wid this money ure wastin in killin innocent ppl....its crystal clear that the only motive u ppl have behind this is to get our land and fish for the oil reserves etc on it but believe u me uve so had it!!! learn to follow ur own religion and then talk abt ours!!! u ppl wont even knw who ur mum dad bro sister is! yea beer it is then whn u find ur mums sleepin wid ur best friend!!stupid twisted ppl! dnt forget the sep 11!even that was planned by u all just to blame the muslims! sadly killin ur own ppl just for the heck of blamin the muslims is sumfin real easy for u all! no one is linked to pakistan!!! its a plan ,,,a bloody conspiracy!!!and i wont pray u ppl suffer cuz i feel for all human beings just the same i do for any one in my country!!!

Since: Sep 09

Pune, India

#14 Aug 4, 2010
Ayesha-Livia wrote:
<quoted text>
USA should get out of Pakistan and go home. The drone attacks are mostly killing innocents and very few low level Taliban. It only creates more people joining Taliban. They are protecting there country. This war is never going to be won ever and our Government knows it. War is big business for USA. That's all it is.
Are you saying that once the USA quits the region, the suicide bombings in Pak will stop? There is a civil war going on in Karachi, owing to MQM leader assasination. Last month a shiah procession was bombed. Few weeks back the ahemdiyas shrine was bombed. What has the US/NATO to do with all this?

The US action in afghanistan is only part of the problem, while the real issue is the state of affairs in pakistan and the terrorist links of the pak army and ISI who have nurtured these extremists for strategic gains. The same extremists are now gnawing at Pak's vitals.

Since: Sep 09

Pune, India

#15 Aug 4, 2010
shumyla wrote:
ayesha dnt waste ur precious energy on these lame ppl!! they just talk ...and just love waging wars and it surely is a big business for the US!!! why dont u help ppl around wid this money ure wastin in killin innocent ppl....its crystal clear that the only motive u ppl have behind this is to get our land and fish for the oil reserves etc on it but believe u me uve so had it!!! learn to follow ur own religion and then talk abt ours!!! u ppl wont even knw who ur mum dad bro sister is! yea beer it is then whn u find ur mums sleepin wid ur best friend!!stupid twisted ppl! dnt forget the sep 11!even that was planned by u all just to blame the mussies! sadly killin ur own ppl just for the heck of blamin the mussies is sumfin real easy for u all! no one is linked to pakistan!!! its a plan ,,,a bloody conspiracy!!!and i wont pray u ppl suffer cuz i feel for all human beings just the same i do for any one in my country!!!
Shumyla bibi,

you are trying to deflect the truth by denying the facts.

You cant change the reality by living in denial.

Pak is a failed nation today because of its own internal reasons.
Pakis are blasting each other everyday....and you are blaming the US!
what a pity!

Location hidden

#16 Aug 4, 2010
shumyla wrote:
ayesha dnt waste ur precious energy on these lame ppl!! they just talk ...and just love waging wars and it surely is a big business for the US!!! why dont u help ppl around wid this money ure wastin in killin innocent ppl....its crystal clear that the only motive u ppl have behind this is to get our land and fish for the oil reserves etc on it but believe u me uve so had it!!! learn to follow ur own religion and then talk abt ours!!! u ppl wont even knw who ur mum dad bro sister is! yea beer it is then whn u find ur mums sleepin wid ur best friend!!stupid twisted ppl! dnt forget the sep 11!even that was planned by u all just to blame the muslims! sadly killin ur own ppl just for the heck of blamin the muslims is sumfin real easy for u all! no one is linked to pakistan!!! its a plan ,,,a bloody conspiracy!!!and i wont pray u ppl suffer cuz i feel for all human beings just the same i do for any one in my country!!!
I think you are correct in All you said, and 911 was a USA inside job 4 sure. Plenty American scientist agree but know one here listens they blindly close there eyes and ears to truth because they can't handle the truth. You don't hear about all the horrible acts of terrorism in other Country's by terrorists that have no affiliation to Islam because there is nothing to gain Monetarily. Hatred for Islam is a business for oil.
Mulla iPOD

Escalon, CA

#17 Aug 4, 2010
Ayesha-Livia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are correct in All you said, and 911 was a USA inside job 4 sure. Plenty American scientist agree but know one here listens they blindly close there eyes and ears to truth because they can't handle the truth. You don't hear about all the horrible acts of terrorism in other Country's by terrorists that have no affiliation to Islam because there is nothing to gain Monetarily. Hatred for Islam is a business for oil.
I'm proud of u, despite staying away from Pakistan u have retained ur madrassa identity…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nowshera, Pakistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The "Terriers" of Wimbledon fought for the Brit... Jul '14 mICHEAL 1
Sources from Kashmir prove Ancient Macedonians ... (Jun '12) Aug '13 mICHEAL 79
district nowshera (Jan '08) Apr '13 Haris khan khattak 9
Kashmiri protesters demanding independence pick... (Jul '10) Jan '12 DesiJai 612
Militants blow up two schools in Pakistan (Nov '11) Nov '11 CTYankee 1
Pakistan Rebuilds - Slowly - Months After Histo... (Mar '11) Mar '11 CTYankee 1
Pakistan floods highlight information gap (Feb '11) Feb '11 Earhquake Cluster... 3

Nowshera, Pakistan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE