CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006

Jan 31, 2011 | Posted by: Abu Najda | Full story: news.antiwar.com

A new report from the Conflict Monitoring Centre has reported that 2,043 Pakistanis have been slain in CIA drone strikes in the past 5 years, with the vast majority of them innocent civilians.

Comments
1 - 20 of 990 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2013
First Prev
of 50
Next Last

“Peace, Justice, Honesty, Adab”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

From the article:

"The report notes that the attacks target Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas where “people usually carry guns and ammunition as a tradition. US drones will identify anyone carrying a gun as a militant and subsequently he will be killed.” Pakistan’s government, which has only a nominal presence in the region, traditionally brands anyone killed by the US a “suspect.”"

You see the thing is - each one of these drones represents millions of dollars of US tax payers money. Don't you have better things to do than spend on this killing of innocents?

Targetting people with guns - like the ones who fired shots into the air at my brothers wedding? Imagine if they were flying over parts of the US - they would kill a lot of people.
WhiteBongo

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Your post is just Chinese internet propaganda. Fail.

Your ISP is in China.

You don't even, put a link to your so called report (because you don't have one, you made it up).

I give you 2 out of 10.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Firing guns in the air is a damfool thing to do.

“Trespassers will be shot dead.”

Since: Jul 10

Sandy Ground, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Trying to rid pakistan of all those millions of terrorists infesting the land it's bound to happen that one or two civilians get caught in the crossfire.

Those rare innocent collateral casualties dying in the fight for a just cause are in no way comparable to the tens of thousand innocents being blown to smithereens every year by muzzie's "friendly fire" -bombs in markets, on buses, inside or around mosques etc. etc.

C'mon Aboo, just who do you think you're kidding?

I mean, besides yourself?

“truth always wins”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

the only way out to save pakistan from drones is to lunch a real offensive by pakistani security forces to kill or capture all the militants.
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

debasis behera wrote:
the only way out to save pakistan from drones is to lunch a real offensive by pakistani security forces to kill or capture all the militants.
I wonder if there's any evidence that would reduce civilian deaths? And Pakistani security forces are just as human as civilians, if we're going to fight the war at all, I think use of drones is a good way to reduce unnecessary deaths. Just my opinion.
Adrian in Tacoma

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

CIAin't different from profiling cops...

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Abu Najda wrote:
``
From the article:

'And while 2,043 is a lot of people to kill in the past five years, over 75% of them were actually killed in the past two years since President Obama took office.'

Ah......I think you've missed the real point of the article you posted.

roflmao!

You discovered a Libertarian~~~Conservative website. Enjoy it all!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article:
'And while 2,043 is a lot of people to kill in the past five years, over 75% of them were actually killed in the past two years since President Obama took office.'
Ah......I think you've missed the real point of the article you posted.
roflmao!
You discovered a Libertarian~~~Conservative website. Enjoy it all!
Did you think this amount of death was about who is your president? These killings are happening in your name.

Still - a good paki is a dead paki in Trish's world ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

RastaJoe wrote:
Trying to rid pakistan of all those millions of terrorists infesting the land it's bound to happen that one or two civilians get caught in the crossfire.
Those rare innocent collateral casualties dying in the fight for a just cause are in no way comparable to the tens of thousand innocents being blown to smithereens every year by muzzie's "friendly fire" -bombs in markets, on buses, inside or around mosques etc. etc.
C'mon Aboo, just who do you think you're kidding?
I mean, besides yourself?
C'mon yourself damn reggae man. What's the best way to take a regular "joe" and make him a militant?

Answer: send a drone into his village and kill his family, then leave the bits of drone and his family for people to show as evidence - then when you go to the authorities - who are thoroughly corrupt - you get the "suspects" line.

Now if your dead kids were suspects according to the Americans - then its time to join people who tell you the US is Satan and we need to kick them out of our country.

You will need to kill a lot of people if you think you can cure militancy with security forces. But the US seem too stupid to get than. Maybe when a few hundred more of your proud son's and daughters in the military have been killed (killing thousands more in Pakistan in the process) then you will get the message.

Just use your heed - thats all I am saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if there's any evidence that would reduce civilian deaths? And Pakistani security forces are just as human as civilians, if we're going to fight the war at all, I think use of drones is a good way to reduce unnecessary deaths. Just my opinion.
Unecessary deaths meaning your own forces since an Pakistani life and an American life are not equal in value
British Expat

Aigues-vives, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Pakistan should consider itself lucky. The CIA/American war machine killed over 3 million civilians in Vietnam before being booted out!
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Abu Najda wrote:
<quoted text>
Unecessary deaths meaning your own forces since an Pakistani life and an American life are not equal in value
Another despicable distortion.

While there is no question that I want to minimize US death, but I mentioned unnecessary deaths for Pakistani security forces as well.

Aren't "Pakistani security forces" Pakistani life?

Or would you rather Pakistani killing Pakistani as the alternative?

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

"CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006"
Right and most of those civilians are supporting the terrorists.

If you lay with dogs you get flees.
If you lay with terrorists you get dead.

When the West goes to war, we leave our families at home.

When Muslims go to war they take there women and children with them.

They put their families in 'Harms Way' then blame us when they get harmed.
Military Man

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Just imagine if those drones carried nuclear ordnance! This whole nonsense would be over in minutes.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

At some point, nuclear ordnance IS going to appear. Either on the drones, or some suicider or maybe Pak or Iran will hurl something. The muz never consider what happens next and are surprised when the kuffar rise up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
Another despicable distortion.
You did not make the distinction ...
Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
While there is no question that I want to minimize US death, but I mentioned unnecessary deaths for Pakistani security forces as well.
But still no comment about the innocent civilians killed? Security forces and army - at least they know there is a risk when they signed up - but 2000 innocent people? What about them? Acceptable is it?
Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't "Pakistani security forces" Pakistani life?
Or would you rather Pakistani killing Pakistani as the alternative?
I would rather the US was out of Pakistan and left them to sort their own issues out minus interference and threats. Pakistanis are killing Pakistanis - at the instigation of the US in Pakistan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

Wilberhum wrote:
"CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006"
Right and most of those civilians are supporting the terrorists.
If you lay with dogs you get flees.
I see, and if a so called terrorist moves in next door, you move house straight away because you don't want to be associated with them. Because "flee"ing is what you advocate for the Pakistani.

Self righteous goat shit as usual.

[QUOTE who="Wilber the Old Goat with 'flees'"]<quoted text>
If you lay with terrorists you get dead.[/QUOTE]
Unless you let them chase you out of town - lets call it the "Wilber Plan"

When the West goes to war, we leave our families at home.[/QUOTE]
Unless someone brings the war to you, then its all "oh my God - what did we do to deserve this?"

When Muslims go to war they take there women and children with them.[/QUOTE]
Usually because "going to war" means defending your home where your family lives. Tell me, where should the Palestinians have hidden their children and women when Israel bombarded them? You are such a sick old goat.

They put their families in 'Harms Way' then blame us when they get harmed.[/QUOTE]
More like "you" put their families in harms way - then you get the blame for the harm caused.

Don't rub your two braincells together too hard - you may start a fire.

No condemnation or remorse for more than 2000 dead. They deserved it. This is your answer. You are a pig brained old goat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

lol - editing on form as usual ...
CecilRhodes

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

There are no "civilians" in Pakistan. They are all terrorists. We should be assisting India and bombing Pakistan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 50
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••