City-Data Forum
wah wah wah

Crystal Lake, IL

#24 Nov 15, 2009
oh you poor thing AMR ... :(
kkt45253

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Nov 24, 2009
Can someone help me? I posted a question on Cit-Data about moving to Ft. Pierce in October 09. I received an email saying I have replies but I can't find my post or repiles. Can you tell me how I can find them? Thanks [email protected]
Bellringer wrote:
I experienced everything you describe, but with a different cast of players(posters and mods). Check out my blog: http://bellringerfromtucson.blogspot.com
City Boy

Daly City, CA

#26 Dec 3, 2009
I was banned yesterday. I am a "Liberal" so to speak however I don't take political sides. I was banned for calling somebody "ridiculous" I have been warned several times. I never cuss or anything but you will get warnings from the self righteous scum moderators that act like they are better than everybody else and issue warnings like they are grade school teachers. What a pathetic site, you can't speak your mind unless you want to walk on eggshells and get warnings and all sorts of edits from the moderator who will lock or take out lines of your post. It's like posting from China or Cuba. It's really absurd.
Pug Life

San Diego, CA

#27 Dec 4, 2009
I was banned from C-D too...they didn't even tell me why!

And considering that I specifically argued against JDubsMom in the immigration forums, it's not about THAT specific thing.

The worst of it is, the majority of my infractions were for calling people racist when they said blatantly racist things.
Dan

Honolulu, HI

#28 Dec 17, 2009
I contributed a lot to my state forum. We got along well but we had/have a Mod for that particular board that is on a power trip. I wasn't banned. However, I got tired of the way City-Data is run. I left City-Data on my own terms.
It's a very poorly run website. The Mods are rude. If you complain about the Mods to the Senior Mods, you get snotty insulting replies. I moderate two other boards that are as large as City-Date. None of the Admins/Mods on those sites would respond to a member the way I've been treated. Mods on City-Data break the rules all the time yet nothing happens to them. People say the most asnine things on the City-Data website, especially in the Politics board, the Religion board, and Relationships. There are posts that are absolutely sexist and racist. These posts aren't deleted or moderated. However, make one comment in your state forum that is perceived as chit-chat such as just posting a smiley face emoticon in response to a post, and you get your post deleted and a Direct Message from the Mod. The reputation/brownie points feature on the site is quite amusing and juvenile. It's like being back in junior high and worry whether you're in the popular group or not.
Sha

Calumet City, IL

#29 Dec 17, 2009
nbv.jkhv.kjh
Rita Morida

Edmonds, WA

#30 Dec 20, 2009
The site is the legitimate face of stormfront racist forum

I was getting tired of my posts attacking the antisemetic, anti mexican and anti-black commentary there erased and getting short bans for it, I confronted the mods and they point blank told me they have no problem with anti-nonwhite racism there. Seriously. F-ing BOLD. I started lurking stormfront and their members told me that they effectively 'run' citydata. Its mods, most of its large scale posters, even its admin are all SF members, who actually INVITED Stormfront posters over to the forum upon its last relaunch.

I almost didnt believe this (like anything those trashy crazies say), until I searched SF forum and actually found the links (they are still up). Its totally true. CityData IS stormfront, only with instructions for members to recruit/spread their lies but not use the racist language or be overt about it while there.

I started finding out about all kinds of creepy crap that goes on there. Their mods and big posters were posting and requesting suggestive things towards minors, their mods were giving out IP data of people arguing against forum members anti-semetic claims, all kinda terrible crap.

I then checked the 'statistical' data listed on their main site about different cities. TURNS OUT IT DOESNT MATCH CENSUS takings. They just have their members make all the numbers up!

Likewise, I emailed a the folks at a few hatewatch sites and was informed that 'City data is listed as a hate affiliated site', and is likewise monitored as all those sites are.

If you are smart or dont want to have your name/handle/ip associated with that site, I recommend not posting there.
pandora

Summit, NJ

#31 Dec 20, 2009
Belle from Tucson wrote:
Anyone can get on City-Data Forum to read, as well as, to post. Even those people who have been banned for life can get right back on. But, it’s not fun if you can’t be yourself. You have to be a bootlicking sycophant to avoid being ganged up on, or banned. You must be very careful how you express yourself on City-Data Forum. If you want, you could also start your own uncensored Blog. I did. I am not a troll, nor have I ever been, yet, I was banned. I bet all the banned members are Americans, even though it's worldwide. City-Data is a very anti-American site. I will be discussing many of the goings on at City-Data. Disreputable posters, like ZonyPony and SierraAz, will be exposed for what they are. I also have information about the odd mod Markablue. I am Bellringer! I hope to hear from other City-Data posters, past and present, so we can share our experiences. Check out bellringerfromtucson dot blogspot dot com/.
Interesting Bellringer, so why do you think you were banned?
pandora

Summit, NJ

#32 Dec 20, 2009
Dan wrote:
I contributed a lot to my state forum. We got along well but we had/have a Mod for that particular board that is on a power trip. I wasn't banned. However, I got tired of the way City-Data is run. I left City-Data on my own terms.
It's a very poorly run website. The Mods are rude. If you complain about the Mods to the Senior Mods, you get snotty insulting replies. I moderate two other boards that are as large as City-Date. None of the Admins/Mods on those sites would respond to a member the way I've been treated. Mods on City-Data break the rules all the time yet nothing happens to them. People say the most asnine things on the City-Data website, especially in the Politics board, the Religion board, and Relationships. There are posts that are absolutely sexist and racist. These posts aren't deleted or moderated. However, make one comment in your state forum that is perceived as chit-chat such as just posting a smiley face emoticon in response to a post, and you get your post deleted and a Direct Message from the Mod. The reputation/brownie points feature on the site is quite amusing and juvenile. It's like being back in junior high and worry whether you're in the popular group or not.
I haven't been banned, I've had many post deleted. its either orphaned or or mass deletes. I don't worry about it life goes on.
The clicks are kind of high school and if your post doesn't agree with the masses, look out. The friends requests and reps are so high school. I've read thru some of the posts here, where posters were accused of trolling. There are trolls there right now I know one repeat offender, it isn't hard to figure out, you put in there old screen name and the new one comes up as well. Why, bc there grouped by IP address. doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, I'm not even computer savvy. There are alot of posts that are just plain off the beam, there ppl in need of attention, get a damn hobby. Just my rant!!
usakindatheart

Athens, TX

#33 Dec 24, 2009
wow, I just registered, made 3 posts and was banned
I live in texas.. and posted on a military thread
and asked for advice
and I made an opionoin on a discussion about wages and nurses/doctors with public health care

came back to hopefully find some answers
and saw a box that said banned...

said reason TROLL..
what the heck is a troll??

I am a human being

weird

usakindatheart
Panafrican

Troy, MI

#34 Dec 28, 2009
Belle from Tucson wrote:
Anyone can get on City-Data Forum to read, as well as, to post. Even those people who have been banned for life can get right back on. But, it’s not fun if you can’t be yourself. You have to be a bootlicking sycophant to avoid being ganged up on, or banned. You must be very careful how you express yourself on City-Data Forum. If you want, you could also start your own uncensored Blog. I did. I am not a troll, nor have I ever been, yet, I was banned. I bet all the banned members are Americans, even though it's worldwide. City-Data is a very anti-American site. I will be discussing many of the goings on at City-Data. Disreputable posters, like ZonyPony and SierraAz, will be exposed for what they are. I also have information about the odd mod Markablue. I am Bellringer! I hope to hear from other City-Data posters, past and present, so we can share our experiences. Check out bellringerfromtucson dot blogspot dot com/.
I was banned by a stalker called CornerGuy.He sucks. He wanted me to have the negative mainstream view about Kwame,the then mayor of Detroit,MI. I refused, so I was banned. I went back under another name, after a while I laughted and revealed to them that I was panafrican ,he banned me again.What a hater!
:))
Person of interest

UK

#35 Dec 28, 2009
Hoosierman wrote:
Yes bring a lawsuit against City Data!! Or atleast that little "Maroon" Make them shut that place down!
Check out this page about City Data
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/co/T9SAT72F2...
I'm doing a tell all "story" about City Data's filthy "underworld" I'm just getting stared..( laughs devilisly) City Data won't know what hit them!!..lol
I'm reading a bit more of your blog now.
A lawsuit? For real? People can't be that serious about a two bit site like that....move on...whatever will be will be.
Person of interest

UK

#36 Dec 28, 2009
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
I was banned by a stalker called CornerGuy.He sucks. He wanted me to have the negative mainstream view about Kwame,the then mayor of Detroit,MI. I refused, so I was banned. I went back under another name, after a while I laughted and revealed to them that I was panafrican ,he banned me again.What a hater!
:))
While I was still posting under my usual Monika I had a few names also and got such a laugh from getting a rise out of them.

http://raggydeeann.blog.com
Person of interest

UK

#37 Dec 28, 2009
ooops that should be http://raggydeeann.blogspot.com
Person of interest

UK

#38 Dec 28, 2009
usakindatheart wrote:
wow, I just registered, made 3 posts and was banned
I live in texas.. and posted on a military thread
and asked for advice
and I made an opionoin on a discussion about wages and nurses/doctors with public health care
came back to hopefully find some answers
and saw a box that said banned...
said reason TROLL..
what the heck is a troll??
I am a human being
weird
usakindatheart
You haven't missed out on anything
Laurel

Brookline, MA

#39 Dec 30, 2009
The site is self-hating and heavy-handed. Self-hating because it depends on the comments of volunteers to keep the site alive, yet admins. treat these people with contempt. Heavy-handed because admins. don't think people can evaluate all types of comments by themselves and instead depend on clumsy policing by volunteer moderators to present a tidy picture of a messy, fascinating, and beautiful world.
It's a great idea, but it needs to be run by smarter people.
Laurel

Brookline, MA

#40 Dec 30, 2009
I'd like to amend this to say that City-Data Forum is self-hating and heavy-handed. Self-hating because it treats the volunteer posters it depends on for content with contempt, and because it doesn't believe users have the mental capacity to evaluate different kinds of posts. Heavy-handed because it depends on clumsy editorial policing by volunteer moderators to present a tidy picture of a messy, fascinating, but beautiful world.

It's a great idea but needs to be run by smarter, more creative people.
Bellringer

Tucson, AZ

#41 Dec 31, 2009
Laurel-That is an absolutely perfect description of City-Data!!! Great idea, but needs to be run by smarter, more creative, and might I add, more open-minded people. Too many moderators with personal agendas whose biases show through their clumsy policing. The banned for life Bellringer:)
YAK

Edmonds, WA

#42 Jan 4, 2010
TNHilltopper, Rita Morida, and Albiginne are all regs over at stormfront. That idiot hilltopper lost his temper once I started posting on Ron Pauls Don Black ties, then went on his usual ad hominem rants then subsequently DELETED my posts and BANNED me from getting the last word.
His Admin is aware Ive tracked those idiots to their posts at Stormfront, and apparently does care. Submitted it to as many hatewatch sites as I could muster (hatewatch, SPLC, ADL, NAACP, NCLR, DOJCR). The one org that responded told me they have been aware of that forums ties to hate sites for a while now, and left it at that.
Chicago City Data Forum

Mooseheart, IL

#43 Jan 6, 2010
This website is a joke written by suburbanites or know nothing about urban living. These transplants and ex suburbanites repeatedly knock decent neighborhoods like Logan Square, Bucktown, West Town, Near West Side. After speaking to them you realize they have never been to these areas and get their opinions from websites. In their eyes, any area that is not 80% White is a ghetto. Go back to Michigan, you transplants are not welcome in Chicago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Trump flip flopping? 3 hr Trump Train 2
Frito lay lies to customers and employees (Dec '15) 13 hr guest 91
frito lay makes rainbow chips in support of gay... 13 hr guest 6
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) 18 hr storymdayz 95
Heather Burns Tue Chris C 1
News Can Sheriff Joe Arpaio win re-election in the f... Tue Donnie 1
Help for harassed frito lay employees Tue guest 4

Phoenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance