Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 7,234

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Full Story
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2181 Mar 20, 2013
I've never watched anything like this in my life before. But once I started watching and following it, I can't stop. I feel like i'm almost taking it personally.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2182 Mar 20, 2013
Can't wait to see what questions the jury has for samuels, but "Pukey" ruined it for everyone :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2183 Mar 20, 2013
Hi Peggy I used to watch Court TV sometimes..
CA was the first trial I followed consistently
well

Hazard, KY

#2184 Mar 20, 2013
if it was up to the idiot's on hln,she would be skinned alive and boiled in oil,i think if they couldn't be neutral in a trial they should not be allowed to televise it.never saw so much hate for a person on trial!!
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2185 Mar 20, 2013
well wrote:
if it was up to the idiot's on hln,she would be skinned alive and boiled in oil,i think if they couldn't be neutral in a trial they should not be allowed to televise it.never saw so much hate for a person on trial!!
I definitely see where you are coming from, but the reason america is so outraged is because of the brutality of this crime. And then on top of that she has lied and lied, to save her own a$$, and putting his family through more turmoil. Don't know if you have seen the photo's of his body, but to me...
Knowing what she did and SEEING what she did is a mind-blowing difference.
And it REALLY pisses people off when she cares more about doing her makeup and looking put together when getting arrested than actually feeling sorry for what she has done. Listen, she did this, she made the conscience decision to do this and she SHOULD face the consequences wether it's her choice or not.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2186 Mar 20, 2013
Good Day wrote:
:) I know she doesn't care for LG; it was the insults directed at me and the kind of person I am, that were especially nasty.
Oh well, interesting trial and the law has always intrigued me :)
It'll be interesting, if they televise the Zimmerman case.
What is the Zimmerman case about?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2187 Mar 20, 2013
Hey Peggy, Read page 102 of this thread and you can see for yourself what happened between me and Good Day. I was not defending a "troll" any more than I defend (support or enable) someone who demeans or frustrates another poster.

As for Samuels, I understand the defense trying to habilitate his testimony. For me, I do not care so much about what I see as his unethical behaviour ("humanizing" him to some). The fact Samuels did not have Arias take another test after he learned that she had been lying to him, gives validation to his findings being questioned. His "typos," "mistake" or "oversight" only confirms the doubt of his findings. He had enough time before this trial for Arias to retest but it did not happen. I am very curious to hear the jurors questions to him.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2188 Mar 20, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Hello everyone :) LA Guy, like the comments...
Hope you are feeling better ... spent half of my day getting financial records in order for my new mortgage in Marina Del Rey, henceforth referd to as MDR. What a hassle. Need every page (even if they are blank) of bank statments, four years tax returns and even my old divorce decree...lol...this is even when well established with my bank, with a 800 credit score and pre-approved. Can't beat a 3.5% fixed interest rate, 30 years, with 20% down, no points. Remember back in the 80's when interests rates were 14% plus. Property values are being unrealisticaly run up again in Cal, it's crazy.
Another Poster

Lisle, IL

#2189 Mar 20, 2013
Peggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely see where you are coming from, but the reason america is so outraged is because of the brutality of this crime. And then on top of that she has lied and lied, to save her own a$$, and putting his family through more turmoil. Don't know if you have seen the photo's of his body, but to me...
Knowing what she did and SEEING what she did is a mind-blowing difference.
And it REALLY pisses people off when she cares more about doing her makeup and looking put together when getting arrested than actually feeling sorry for what she has done. Listen, she did this, she made the conscience decision to do this and she SHOULD face the consequences wether it's her choice or not.
The fact that Jodi wanted to put on some make up speaks volumes about her state of mind and the alternative reality that she was living in after she killed Travis. She wasn't thinking logically, no one who is about to be arrested for committing a crime would do something like this.

I don't think that killing Travis was a conscious choice, I don't believe the murder was premeditated, any crime investigator, other than Flores, knows that the crime scene was very disorganized and that there was no planning involved. Something went terribly wrong in the last few minutes of their "sexual rendezvous".
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2190 Mar 20, 2013
So, a new round of jury questions, this time for Dr Samuels. It's weird, not allowed in most states and there are damn good reasons for it

They could be revealing though.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2191 Mar 20, 2013
ROSE!! Where you been girl!
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2192 Mar 20, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Jodi wanted to put on some make up speaks volumes about her state of mind and the alternative reality that she was living in after she killed Travis. She wasn't thinking logically, no one who is about to be arrested for committing a crime would do something like this.
I don't think that killing Travis was a conscious choice, I don't believe the murder was premeditated, any crime investigator, other than Flores, knows that the crime scene was very disorganized and that there was no planning involved. Something went terribly wrong in the last few minutes of their "sexual rendezvous".
I think that would be a very logical argument for anyone other than Jodi. Jodi is a very self involved person, she was like that before Alexander, while she was with him and even now. She cares about herself, no one else. That's just my opinion.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2193 Mar 20, 2013
Peggy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Zimmerman case about?
In Florida: George Zimmerman says he was attecked by Trayvon; Martin died.
Zimmerman claiming self defense.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2194 Mar 20, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ready to post to the same, then you beat be to the punch. Her behavoir in the interrogation room speaks volumnes as to her state of minds (dissociative behavoir). LA Guy has coined the last Fiften Minutes phenomena, non premeditation. Was the crime scene investigation disorganized, dout that, but none are perfect. Dt Flores is a pro and remember his position on the first shot.

Since: Mar 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#2195 Mar 20, 2013
Cordyceps Sinensis, Excipient.
FEATURES:
The first time in Vietnam, Professor Academician Scientific Doctor Dai Duy Ban together with scientists and Daibio Great Traditional Medicine Family Clinic Company discovered the Cordyceps sinensis as well as Fermentation Daibio Cordyceps sinensis for (liver, kidney, heart, blood pressure, lung, stomach, match, erectile dysfunction...) and also to anti-HIV/AIDS. We received the official legal licenses from Vietnamese Ministry of Health for Daibio Cordyceps sinensis and National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam. Vietnamese Ministry of Health confirmed this information in their website and Health Publishing under Vietnamese Ministry published Cordyceps Sinensis Book:

As we may known, in Natural in Tibet, China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, the Cordyceps Sinensis has been exhausted due to large consumption from China and all over the world. That is why the Fermentation Daibio Cordyceps sinensis becomes more and more significant. Vietnamese National TV, Vietnam Multimedia Corporation VTC, Hanoi TV, Ho Chi Minh TV… as well as Social and Family Newspaper, Enterprise Forum Newspaper… in Vietnam broadcast Fermentation Daibio Cordyceps as follows about the copies in YouTube with thousands of views :

USES:
Increase health level, Self Control, and immune system. Support for human health by combination in the treatment for all acute and chronic diseases (Erectile dysfunction, Heart, Lung, Liver, Diabetes, Anti-oxidative Activities, Cancer, Memory, Cholesterol Profiles, Heart and Circulation Issues, HIV/AIDS…). It can be combined with other drugs to anti-HIV and anti-Cancer.
DOSAGE:
Use it about 30 minutes before meals (Breakfast and Dinner). Twice a Day, each time: 5g equivalent 2 teaspoons. Use it continuously in of 1-3 month period to get the best results. Children (4-12 years) use as a half of the adult dose.
STORAGE:
Store in a dry, cool place, protected from light
Keep in touch with DAIBIO during using to get the best results.
Following the history of the Le family with the Emperors who making Vietnam Nation as Emperor Le Thai To, Emperor Le Thanh Tong, the Le family in Son An Huong Son, Ha Tinh and Nguyen Khac family (the family of Medical Doctor Le Khanh Dong, Mrs Nguyen Thi Vang) has such famous doctors as Academy Physician Le Nguyen Le, State Government Physician Le Kinh Hap, Maderin vice Minister under Nguyen dynasty Le Khanh Lam Le Quy Bac, Minister under Nguyen dynasty Nguyen Khac Niem, Politician Dr Nguyen Khac Vien, Physician Le Khanh Quyen, Prof. Dr Le Kinh Due, Dr. Le Khanh Dong, Professor pharmacist Le Khanh Trai, Colonel doctor Le Khac Thien ... These are the people who make the foundation for their next generations followed Great traditional Medicine Traditional Family for over 300 years.

Le Khanh Family has relationship with family of Professor Academician Scientific Doctor Dai Duy Ban, Prof. Dai Duy Ban is the founder Daibio Traditional Medicine Great Clinic Company. Daibio is the group of Professor, Phd, Masters, Doctors, Physicians, Pharmacy, Engineers, Herbalists in Big Traditional Medicine Families to develop traditional medicine for over 300 years.

DAIBIO GREAT FAMILY has pursued the Health Goals as follows:
Patient is Center, Science is Motivation, Quality is Assurance

DAIBIO GREAT TRADITIONAL MEDICINE FAMILY CLINIC COMPANY
Address: No 38 Ngo Thai Thinh 1, Dong Da District, Hanoi
Phone:(84 – 04) 6275 4799 Fax:(84 – 04) 6275 4729
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2196 Mar 20, 2013
Another Poster,
There was a guy in tv today with a dummy showing exactly where TA was stabbed. Those wounds are defensive, the grouping of the wound and a few of them on his head show that he was being attacked, not the other way around. I believe he was crouched over trying to protect his head instinctively.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2197 Mar 20, 2013
And none of the things she has done BEFORE she got caught shows remorse, not only no remorse but it was quite the opposite. She is now trying her best to "act" remorseful, but only because she's caught and she's trying to save herself.
I'm not a really religious person, but if this girl really did what I believe she did, the JUDGE she really needs to fear is GOD
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2198 Mar 20, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you are feeling better ... spent half of my day getting financial records in order for my new mortgage in Marina Del Rey, henceforth referd to as MDR. What a hassle. Need every page (even if they are blank) of bank statments, four years tax returns and even my old divorce decree...lol...this is even when well established with my bank, with a 800 credit score and pre-approved. Can't beat a 3.5% fixed interest rate, 30 years, with 20% down, no points. Remember back in the 80's when interests rates were 14% plus. Property values are being unrealisticaly run up again in Cal, it's crazy.
Thank you :) about 80% better. I'm so excited for you! I know, all of the paperwork... best time to buy, right now. So great! So nice to know you're getting what you want and no one can show up with cash above asking and take it :)
Funny, I was thinking of referring to it as MDR.
* I have a 30 year 4% fixed. It was a challenge for me because it was down to the wire, because the first 2 lenders were sitting on my docs.#3 was my brother's friend who took it over and got it done.:)
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2199 Mar 20, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
In Florida: George Zimmerman says he was attecked by Trayvon; Martin died.
Zimmerman claiming self defense.
What is wrong with people lately. I'm no saint but, jesus.
Now see, this is why I don't watch the news....
They should call it the "Bad News"
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2200 Mar 20, 2013
Is MariaLombard a message board telemarketer??.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uncle Niece sex....Incest? Relationship? (Aug '13) 5 hr nawty niece 19
Immigrant Rights Advocates Protest Democrat Ina... Sat Millie Collins 3
Phoenix Business Directory Sat Slewer 2
Review: D & J Machine & Engine Parts Thu pissed off in ca 1
Thousands visit Tempe Healing Field to remember... Sep 17 Phoenix 1
World Mission Society Church of God Religious F... (Apr '12) Sep 17 Dea Thtomagwee 106
Is Ebay's Declining Reputation Scaring Buyers A... (Oct '13) Sep 17 OnlineConsumer 20
•••
•••
Phoenix Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Phoenix Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Phoenix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE