Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

United States

#2141 Mar 19, 2013
Jody's female's attorney doing a nice job in redirect of Dr Samuels, she is straight forward and acually trying to help the jury understand this clinical matter. In a sense, Dr Samuels has a modern day country doctor charm, who made a few typos.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2142 Mar 19, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Jody's female's attorney doing a nice job in redirect of Dr Samuels, she is straight forward and acually trying to help the jury understand this clinical matter. In a sense, Dr Samuels has a modern day country doctor charm, who made a few typos.
I like her.
It's hard for most people to type perfectly, even with plenty of time.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2143 Mar 19, 2013
Tomorrow 1pm ??????????
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2144 Mar 19, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Hi Luv
Just back on, apparently my early observations as to our mild matter Judge being cognizant of running for re-election is more evident than ever.
"Another Poster" aptly put it as to it being practically unhead of, judges not allowing a witness to refer to their notes. Strange, most opposing Attys are only to happy to allow a hostile witness to refer to one's notes.
Those notes can be a minefield, but Martinez felt they would help Dr Samuel's credibility. He may already have them on discovery.
Dr Samuels just may be resonating with some on this Mesa jury, in that he is not a slick Beverly Hills type of expert witness. Even his fee's are moderate, at only $250 per hour for these type of services.
Hi :) post 2120 was re-used by someone in a derogatory manner, and that person has been trolling me.
LA Guy is friend, not foe :)

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#2145 Mar 19, 2013
One big mess of lies wrote:
Juan Martinez did a fantastic job today. "Dr.Confused Samuels" definitely lost some of his credibility.
. Entertaining to watch the defenders of this murderer trying to save face with irrelevant subject matter.For god sake the doctor just admitted he screwed up on his report.
Looking forward to the jury questions.
Have you looked up blood atonement? It is a mormon practice where blood is shed for a sin. Typically the heart is stabbed and the throat slashed.
Did you see the youtube video of the cross of Lisa. JM had the image of Travis throat. It was a very clean cut. Not what you would expect from the 5" knife that the ME said was responsible for the other cuts. Further you can see what it is like to cut someone's throat with say a 7" hunting knife if you go to sites such as best gore. Even then the victim is tied up.
I have seen executions with a long blade such as a machete or sword and except for the spine you could probably do it in one go. Typically these executions take several chops..
The letters that Jodi presented regarding pedophile admissions by Travis were photocopies of originals. Where are the originals? Why didn't Jodi give those instead?
Why did the judge allow the testimony on the pedophile matters? One would question the relevance.
What about the recorded phone conversation. Jodi was leading him and he did talk about rape and 12 year old girls and binding. Why did she record them? What benefit was it? did she give a copy to anyone?
Ford

Kingston, OK

#2146 Mar 19, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe you are mischaracterizing the Doc filling in the asnwers.
The self help book is a non-starter, he wss humanistic in nature.
This could backfire on JM. So damn petty, men nothing.
. Hello..I disagree..it does mean a lot!!! He was their to assess her not treat,not to be humain , just evaluate her.period. He did not do that as we see the truth...he evaluated her under the basis of her story of two ppl coming in and killing Travis n she escaped... You have to realize this is not ok??? Especially if you are,where or know of law or court!!!
LA Guy

United States

#2147 Mar 19, 2013
Ford wrote:
<quoted text>. Hello..I disagree..it does mean a lot!!! He was their to assess her not treat,not to be humain , just evaluate her.period. He did not do that as we see the truth...he evaluated her under the basis of her story of two ppl coming in and killing Travis n she escaped... You have to realize this is not ok??? Especially if you are,where or know of law or court!!!
You missed my point. Dr Samuel's huanistic gesture of giving her a self help book, played well before the jury. Once again, Ford, you like mqny are focusing on technical board infractions, non geramin to human feelings effecting the jury. Dr Samuels further testified under re-direc that it is not unusual in these instancs for battered women to first stick to a cover story. Keep in mind that soon on she admitted to killing TA. Are you seeing this as a as a Manslaugheter case, particulalr in view of the indeoendent audio/text sadistic tapes from TA.

Kindly re- think it along these lines.
Ford

Kingston, OK

#2148 Mar 19, 2013
Um..I will n do not let media sway my thoughts..with that said,sadistic tapes nope,a lil creepy yes,,was she 12 nope,was he abuseing a 12 yr old nope,...ok if you think anal sex is outta thee norm,well that's your flavor.. Also under Docs whole testimony his test were all based on her story of two intruders..not self defense.. Listen close and you'll figure it out.. Ever heard the saying a lie is a lie is a lie??!!! And from my experience self defense is always admitted first and foremost as usually the person is remorseful..if not admitted their is a underline reason for not admitting it..
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2149 Mar 19, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Busy today on my Marina Del Rey deal ... looks like it's a go for me, hopefully opening escrow next week.
This is great news:) Good for you!
* I wish you the best.
I have a sore throat,turning in early.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2150 Mar 19, 2013
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good St.Patrick's day!!
Ford

Kingston, OK

#2151 Mar 19, 2013
I'm thinking more on the lines of life w/out parole.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2152 Mar 19, 2013
Ford wrote:
I'm thinking more on the lines of life w/out parole.
Even if Arias is found not guilty of premeditated murder, I can go with the life without parole sentence. It only seems fair.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2153 Mar 19, 2013
Hey Peggy! Hope your St. Paddy's was a good one too.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2154 Mar 20, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Hey Peggy! Hope your St. Paddy's was a good one too.
Thanks, I did. Had my annual green beer :)
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2155 Mar 20, 2013
Man I think this expert of JA's team is really hurting them. Seriously, if someone asks him which hand he wipes his A$$ with, would he be able to answer the question without looking over his notes?? And the whole reason he is there is to prove in his "expert" opinion that she is suffering from PTSD, and the test in which he conducted to come to that conclusion was givin when she was still giving the intruder story. She was lying to him and on the test and this is what ue used in court to prove PTSD?!? This guy is not the brightest crayon in the box, eh?
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2156 Mar 20, 2013
Hey by the way did you all see what she was doing in the interrogation room? Stretching, doing yoga, telling herself she should have put makeup on. Which I'm sure some may argue it is because she's not in her right mind, but I see her as a person that is just selffish and only cares about herself and her appearance....vain. She doesn't care what she did to him or what she's doing to his family now, and I believe she is getting a sick enjoyment out of all this attention.

And as for her not remembering certain things pertaining to her "fog", there are the things she remembers and the things she can't, and they are not in order. They aren't, they are "out" of order. The things she does recall are things that help her story. The things she can't recall are things that would hurt her.
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2157 Mar 20, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has not received and probably is still not receiving the psychological help she needs. I wonder if she thinks she needs it?
Samuels was made to look very badly today (almost like a repeat offender who does not learn). I feel like out of mercy, get him off the stand. I think Martinez has more than shown Samuels' lack of credibility, not to mention his whole assessment and diagnosis of Arias are based on lies. It will be very interesting to see what questions the jurors will ask, if any.
~Amen sister
Peggy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2158 Mar 20, 2013
Good Day! Hey, have you ever seen that Stephen King movie "Cat's Eye"?? Great movie. Remeber that little troll monster that steals kids breath, the little miniature RumpleStiltskin.....
Man that thing gave me nightmares as a child, lol
LA Guy

United States

#2159 Mar 20, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
This is great news:) Good for you!
* I wish you the best.
I have a sore throat,turning in early.
Namaste

Chinese green tea with Lemon this AM, then Jewish Penicillin in afternoon
LA Guy

United States

#2160 Mar 20, 2013
Ford wrote:
Um..I will n do not let media sway my thoughts..with that said,sadistic tapes nope,a lil creepy yes,,was she 12 nope,was he abuseing a 12 yr old nope,...ok if you think anal sex is outta thee norm,well that's your flavor.. Also under Docs whole testimony his test were all based on her story of two intruders..not self defense.. Listen close and you'll figure it out.. Ever heard the saying a lie is a lie is a lie??!!! And from my experience self defense is always admitted first and foremost as usually the person is remorseful..if not admitted their is a underline reason for not admitting it..
Ni Hao Ma

Remember Ford, that LA Guy previously posted to his wayward days at those Kinky LA parties...I made reference to the tapes of TA, in part to illustrate that independent evidence exists as to his aggressive nautre, beyond JA's recollections.

Did you catch Atty Wilmont's re direct of Dr Samuels. He made it clear, that battered women many times feel that at first no one will believe them, plus the shame factor, thus the Ninja story.
Dr Samuels has been practicing for almost 35 years and reports that JA's followed a pattern well known to experts in these matters. His conclusions were based on the entire circumstances.

Please wait for the prosecutions expert witness, an Asian babe (Doctor) from Phoenix who will no doubt cast a negative light on JA, but nonetheless will play into JA's defense. She will have to admit on cross that JA was in a fragile state and abuse occured at the hands of TA.

Perhaps then you may re-thinka this case as a Manslaughter, which under AZ guidelines could max her out at sobout 22 years. The judge has discetion for a more appropriate sentence of about 10 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ask trump about his taxes 1 hr Dolf 2
we hear on tv tonight lady say the 25 th amendm... 2 hr trump rallys in... 1
trump to burn phoenix, mueller to burn trump 22 hr whalewatcher 1
dont give joe a pardon Mon dont pardon joe 1
NO--DACA-NO- Sanctuary city's- NO- In state tui... Mon Lori 1
News Civil-rights leaders slam Gov. Ducey for Confed... Mon GED Grad 9
Anyone looking for a hook for blues (Feb '17) Aug 20 Yooooooooooo 5

Phoenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance