Man Killed In Police Shootout

Oct 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KPHO-TV Phoenix

Phoenix police killed a man in an early-morning shootout, putting an end to an overnight standoff. via KPHO-TV Phoenix

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Krissey Daniels

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 26, 2007
 
I am the wife of the man killed on Monday October 23 2007. I was on the telephone with the negotiator when my husband was shot and killed by the officers. They did not tell him i was on the phone and i heard the shooting also. My husband was Robert Lee Daniels and the police did know who he was cause they called me. my husband gave them my phone number to contact me. My husband would not harm anyone and was a GREAT man. He had no intentions obviously to hurt anyone he simply did not want to spend the rest of his precious life in prison he already spent eight years in already. The man was identified and his name is ROBERT LEE DANIELS.
chris kramer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 29, 2007
 
I am the wife of the man killed on Monday October 23 2007. I was on the telephone with the negotiator when my husband was shot and killed by the officers. They did not tell him i was on the phone and i heard the shooting also. My husband was Robert Lee Daniels and the police did know who he was cause they called me. my husband gave them my phone number to contact me. My husband would not harm anyone and was a GREAT man. He had no intentions obviously to hurt anyone he simply did not want to spend the rest of his precious life in prison he already spent eight years in already. The man was identified and his name is ROBERT LEE DANIELS.
ATTENTION MRS DANIELS, you are in serious denial. You say your husband wouldn't hurt anyone? He was shooting at the police!
Your husband spent eight years in prison, then stole a car, shot at the police in a residential area, broke into an occupied home while running from the police and continued to fire at them, and you think he was a great man?
This man had no regard for anyone's well being except his own. I live across the street and witnessed the entire incident. I drove through the scene as your husband was firing at innocent people. He chose to end his life, but not before endangering others. I feel sorry for the elderly couple who lived in the home your husband broke into, and who have not returned after being awaken by the sound of your husband firing at police officers from inside their garage. Thank God the door from the garage to the house was locked or your husband probably would have taken them hostage. Where is your concern for the innocent people threatened by your husband's actions? A great man does not shoot at innocent people.
The police gave your husband three hours to peacefully resolve the situation. He shot at them first and continued to shoot at them when he could have ended the situation peacefully.
Thank you Phoenix Police Department!
Miss Anonymous Friend

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 31, 2007
 
I, too am a friend of Robert Lee Daniels. Just so you know, Bobby did his time already for the crime he had committed. Then was pulled over one day for no reason and the police committed an act of illegal search and seizure. This is why he was running to begin with. Because they wanted to give him the rest of his life in prison and they were in the wrong. He did not steal the car either, I'm sorry but you have been misinformed. It was his own car however someone had stolen his plate and he was unaware and driving without one. The cops saw that he had no plate and came after him that evening....But I'm sure that Bobby had no intention of injuring anybody else that night. You don't know him, so for you to make any comment about what kind of person he was is WRONG. YOU DON"T KNOW HIM>>>>>>Jus t for the record Bobby was a very good man and I am sorry if you felt that innocent peoples lives were at risk and that the couple who lived in that house can't seem to go back home. I apologize for him because if he were still around I'm sure he would do the same since that is the kind of person he was.
The cops in this town are too triogger happy anyway they seem to shoot and ask questions later.
chris kramer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 1, 2007
 
Attn: Miss Anonymous Friend,

Any coward can post an anonymous posting at least have the courage to sign your name.

You stated "Mr. Daniels did his time already for the crime he committed." You mean "crimes" plural. Mr. Daniels was NOT a victim. Do a search on Robert Lee Daniels, 44, www:superiorcourt.maricopa.gov /docket/ he was a career criminal with a very lengthy record. They don't send you to prison for life for driving without a license plate.

I am wrong for commenting on the type of person he was? I don't have to know the man to comment on his actions on October 23. I witnessed the entire sequence of events myself. He broke into my elderly neighbors garage while shooting at the police and anyone else in the vicinity. They begged him to come out peacefully for over three hours. He responded by starting my neighbor's van, that happened to have the keys in it, ramming their garage door and shooting at the police.

If you consider Mr. Daniels to be a very good man I would hate to meet someone you consider to be a bad man.

If you were a true friend at least have the courage to sign your name and tell the world some of the good things Mr. Daniels accomplished besides breaking into someone's home while shooting at the police.

Don't blame the police for Mr. Daniels' actions.
Andrea

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 1, 2007
 
Miss Anonymous Friend wrote:
I, too am a friend of Robert Lee Daniels. Just so you know, Bobby did his time already for the crime he had committed. Then was pulled over one day for no reason and the police committed an act of illegal search and seizure. This is why he was running to begin with. Because they wanted to give him the rest of his life in prison and they were in the wrong. He did not steal the car either, I'm sorry but you have been misinformed. It was his own car however someone had stolen his plate and he was unaware and driving without one. The cops saw that he had no plate and came after him that evening....But I'm sure that Bobby had no intention of injuring anybody else that night. You don't know him, so for you to make any comment about what kind of person he was is WRONG. YOU DON"T KNOW HIM>>>>>>Jus t for the record Bobby was a very good man and I am sorry if you felt that innocent peoples lives were at risk and that the couple who lived in that house can't seem to go back home. I apologize for him because if he were still around I'm sure he would do the same since that is the kind of person he was.
The cops in this town are too triogger happy anyway they seem to shoot and ask questions later.
"Birds of a feather flock together."
Joe S

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 2, 2007
 
I am so sick and tired of people placing blame on others! Why don't people take responsibility for their own actions??? I don't know why that guy spent years in prison and really dont care! Let me guess........he was innocent????? I'm just thankful that nobody else was hurt. If you shoot at police then you should be turned into swiss cheese by them!!! Screw criminals!
Roberta

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 2, 2007
 
I could waste my time to tell you about all of the good things that Robert did in his life, but why? So you can put down one more time. He's gone, can't you just let him rest in peace? If you had been in his shoes I'm sure things wouldn't have ended much different. But thanks for all of your magical words have a nice life.
Doug

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 2, 2007
 
Miss Anonymous Friend wrote:
But I'm sure that Bobby had no intention of injuring anybody else that night. You don't know him, so for you to make any comment about what kind of person he was is WRONG. YOU DON"T KNOW HIM>>>>>>

The cops in this town are too triogger happy anyway they seem to shoot and ask questions later.
If he had no intention of hurting anyone, why was he shooting at everyone?

If the cops are so trigger happy, why did they wait three hours before shooting him?
chris kramer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 3, 2007
 
After three hours of negotiating, the Phoenix Police department broke a window in the garage and threw a cell through the broken window. Mr. Daniels responded by starting the van inside the garage and ramming the closed door while firing several rounds at the police.

The police rammed the garage door from the outside and it came off the hinges. Mr. Daniels fired at the police, the police defended themselves.

Thank you Phoenix Police Department and supporting personnel for risking your lives protecting our neighborhood that night

God Bless you.
chris kramer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 3, 2007
 
Roberta wrote:
I could waste my time to tell you about all of the good things that Robert did in his life, but why? So you can put down one more time. He's gone, can't you just let him rest in peace? If you had been in his shoes I'm sure things wouldn't have ended much different. But thanks for all of your magical words have a nice life.
Attn: Roberta

Is he resting in peace? I don't know only God can answer that question.

I believe we are held accountable for our actions in this life after we die. I would not have made the choices Mr. Daniels chose to make, such as shooting at innocent people, etc.,

I am glad I am not in his shoes. I do not have magical words.

God Bless you.
ROBERTS BELOVED WIFE

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 4, 2007
 
chris kramer wrote:
Attn: Miss Anonymous Friend,
Any coward can post an anonymous posting at least have the courage to sign your name.
You stated "Mr. Daniels did his time already for the crime he committed." You mean "crimes" plural. Mr. Daniels was NOT a victim. Do a search on Robert Lee Daniels, 44, www:superiorcourt.maricopa.gov /docket/ he was a career criminal with a very lengthy record. They don't send you to prison for life for driving without a license plate.
I am wrong for commenting on the type of person he was? I don't have to know the man to comment on his actions on October 23. I witnessed the entire sequence of events myself. He broke into my elderly neighbors garage while shooting at the police and anyone else in the vicinity. They begged him to come out peacefully for over three hours. He responded by starting my neighbor's van, that happened to have the keys in it, ramming their garage door and shooting at the police.
If you consider Mr. Daniels to be a very good man I would hate to meet someone you consider to be a bad man.
If you were a true friend at least have the courage to sign your name and tell the world some of the good things Mr. Daniels accomplished besides breaking into someone's home while shooting at the police.
Don't blame the police for Mr. Daniels' actions.
YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE A CLUE. YES MY LOVE DID HIS TIME FOR HIS IMMATURE BEHAVIOR OVER TEN YEARS AGO. I BET YOU ARE THE COP HE EMBERASSED RIGHT? THAT IS WHY YOU HAD IT OUT FOR MY LOVE. AND FOR EVERYONES INFORMATION OBVIOUSLY HE DID NOT WANT TO HURT A SINGLE PERSON NOT EVEN A COP! IF HE WANTED HE WAS AWESOME WITH HIS AIM. I KNOW WHO HE WAS AND YOU DO NOT. YOU READ ABOUT SOMEONES PAST MAYBE THAT IS WHY HE FELT HE NEEDED TO DEFEND HIMSELF I WAS ON THE PHONE AND I KNOW HE DID NOT SHOOT FIRST. YOU SAY OUR SATURN WAS STOLEN? LIES AGAIN! AND WE R SUPPOSE TO RESPECT THE LAW HOW? WHEN ALL THE LAW DOES IS DECIEVE US AND LIE TO US! NOT A GOOD CHARACTER! ROBERT WAS A GOOD MAN AND YOU CAN ASK ANYONE WHO KNOWS HIM AND THEY WILL AGREE I GAURANTEE MY LIFE ON IT! PLEASE STOP DISRESPECTING HIM AND JUDGING HIM....LEAVE THAT TO THE GREAT LORD ABOVE. ITS GODS JOB NOT YOURS! MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP US ALL!
Roberta

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 4, 2007
 
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had no intention of hurting anyone, why was he shooting at everyone?
If the cops are so trigger happy, why did they wait three hours before shooting him?
Like I said he wasn't shooting at anyone. If he had been then there would have been other people INJURED. They may have looked like random and careless pot shots coming from Robert, but like I said before he was an excellent shot. If he had wanted anyone else to get hurt then believe me they would have been. Bobby didn't want anyone else to get hurt because of the choices he was making.
ROBERTS BELOVED WIFE

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 4, 2007
 
I CHECKED THE PROPERTY THAT THIS HAPPENED AT AND HE DID NOT TRY GETTING THE VEHICLE OUT. ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE LIEING. AND THE CAR DID HAVE PAPER PLATE IT IS CLEAR IN EVERY CLIP IN THE NEWS! AND YOU ARE A WORSE MALE NOT EVEN A MAN THAN HE EVER COULD BE CALLED! AT LEAST HE WAS HONEST AND NOT INTENDING TO HURT PEOPLE EVERY DAY LIKE YOU DO. YOU LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE SUFFER CAUSE YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON OBVIOUSLY. IF YOU DO NOT STOP DEGRADING MY HUSBAND I WILL SUE YOU FOR DEFIMATION OF CHARACTER.
Roberta

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 4, 2007
 
chris kramer wrote:
<quoted text>
Attn: Roberta
Is he resting in peace? I don't know only God can answer that question.
I believe we are held accountable for our actions in this life after we die. I would not have made the choices Mr. Daniels chose to make, such as shooting at innocent people, etc.,
I am glad I am not in his shoes. I do not have magical words. "
.
God Bless you.
I don't think you heard me the first time. Robert wasn't just shooting randomly or someone would have been hurt. He was truly a good person and you should just let this be. Seeing as how you obviously have nothing better to do than sit around and judge other people's lives and the mistakes they have made. Why don't you look in the mirror and judge yourself.
colleen

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 4, 2007
 
ROBERTS BELOVED WIFE wrote:
<quoted text>YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE A CLUE. YES MY LOVE DID HIS TIME FOR HIS IMMATURE BEHAVIOR OVER TEN YEARS AGO. I BET YOU ARE THE COP HE EMBERASSED RIGHT? THAT IS WHY YOU HAD IT OUT FOR MY LOVE. AND FOR EVERYONES INFORMATION OBVIOUSLY HE DID NOT WANT TO HURT A SINGLE PERSON NOT EVEN A COP! IF HE WANTED HE WAS AWESOME WITH HIS AIM. I KNOW WHO HE WAS AND YOU DO NOT. YOU READ ABOUT SOMEONES PAST MAYBE THAT IS WHY HE FELT HE NEEDED TO DEFEND HIMSELF I WAS ON THE PHONE AND I KNOW HE DID NOT SHOOT FIRST. YOU SAY OUR SATURN WAS STOLEN? LIES AGAIN! AND WE R SUPPOSE TO RESPECT THE LAW HOW? WHEN ALL THE LAW DOES IS DECIEVE US AND LIE TO US! NOT A GOOD CHARACTER! ROBERT WAS A GOOD MAN AND YOU CAN ASK ANYONE WHO KNOWS HIM AND THEY WILL AGREE I GAURANTEE MY LIFE ON IT! PLEASE STOP DISRESPECTING HIM AND JUDGING HIM....LEAVE THAT TO THE GREAT LORD ABOVE. ITS GODS JOB NOT YOURS! MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP US ALL!
cris, I know you loved him , but wake up girl. He didn't take care of you, you guys lived in a car or anyone who would take you guys in, he was a junkie and turned you into one. He ripped off people that were supposedly his friends. Maybe he was a great man at one point in his life, but as much as I don't like the police either, I think they had every right to shoot him , I mean he had a gun and he knew by shooting that they would end his life and maybe thats what he wanted Cris. He knew what he had become and maybe just wanted out. Sorry, I always like you, but couldn't understand why you let him try and take you down, like the time he had you carry the stuff. A man dosn't do that to someone he loves. He takes the fall, not puts it on the women he loves. Your young, but I bet someday you will see it. And I know you probably hate me for saying my opinion, but eveyone is entiteled to their own opionion whether others agree or not. I am sorry for your saddened heart because I know you did love him. And I hope it will heal soon.
Andrea

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 4, 2007
 
Roberta wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you heard me the first time. Robert wasn't just shooting randomly or someone would have been hurt. He was truly a good person and you should just let this be. Seeing as how you obviously have nothing better to do than sit around and judge other people's lives and the mistakes they have made. Why don't you look in the mirror and judge yourself.
There is this thing called "Shannons Law" And it states that one may NOT randomly shoot a gun in the air because THAT is just how "Shannon" was killed. By a bullet that may have been fired from a mile away!

So you can take your "boo hoo I feel sorry for him" and SHOVE IT! And THAT goes for his supposed wife. Why the HELL are you people trying to solicit sympathy over the internet? HE TERRORIZED PEOPLE AND MADE THEM LEAVE THEIR OWN HOME!

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PEOPLE ARE YOU TO CRY OVER THAT?!?!?!?!
colleen

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 4, 2007
 
This is to Andrea...queen of rightousness.....What the hell kind of person are you to think your opinion is the only one that counts........and the key word here is OPINION. Everyone has the right to have one whether you agree or not and also has the right to post it...whether you like it or not. I didnt like Bobby much from the start because I saw what kind of person he was, but People don't chose who they love, and Cris loved him regardless and I do have sympathy for her because I know her heart is hurting bad. And unless your the ice queen also, you might just put yourself in her shoes.... if you had a husband that you loved unconditionally or a son you loved unconditionally and they ended up dead because of there actions, let me ask you ....would you feel saddened? or can you turn on and off the feelings in your heart? He got back what he put out and like I said, the police had every right to shoot him, but you dont need to kick cris while shes down. Love is blind, and she saw what she wanted to see in him because she loved him. So what the hell kind of people we are.....are human.
amie lynn

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 4, 2007
 
Wooo Hoooo, THANK YOU PHOENIX POLICE OFFICERS. Making our streets safer for us all. THANK YOU!
chris kramer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 4, 2007
 
ROBERTS BELOVED WIFE wrote:
I CHECKED THE PROPERTY THAT THIS HAPPENED AT AND HE DID NOT TRY GETTING THE VEHICLE OUT. ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE LIEING. AND THE CAR DID HAVE PAPER PLATE IT IS CLEAR IN EVERY CLIP IN THE NEWS! AND YOU ARE A WORSE MALE NOT EVEN A MAN THAN HE EVER COULD BE CALLED! AT LEAST HE WAS HONEST AND NOT INTENDING TO HURT PEOPLE EVERY DAY LIKE YOU DO. YOU LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE SUFFER CAUSE YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON OBVIOUSLY. IF YOU DO NOT STOP DEGRADING MY HUSBAND I WILL SUE YOU FOR DEFIMATION OF CHARACTER.
Attn Mrs. Roberts,

I am not judging you or your husband. I don't like to see people suffer.

I am NOT a cop, I live across the street from the house your husband broke into, I wrote this to let you know the truth, the police begged your husband to surrender for over three hours. You implied they were trigger happy and from what I witnessed this is far from the truth.

If you point a gun at the police or most armed homeowners, they will shoot you.

The homeowners had the garage door reinstalled, but you can still see bullet holes.

I have made no comment on your husband's character, only his actions on the night of October 23 as I observed them from my front window.

God Bless you
chris kramer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 4, 2007
 
ROBERTS BELOVED WIFE wrote:
I CHECKED THE PROPERTY THAT THIS HAPPENED AT AND HE DID NOT TRY GETTING THE VEHICLE OUT. ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE LIEING. AND THE CAR DID HAVE PAPER PLATE IT IS CLEAR IN EVERY CLIP IN THE NEWS! AND YOU ARE A WORSE MALE NOT EVEN A MAN THAN HE EVER COULD BE CALLED! AT LEAST HE WAS HONEST AND NOT INTENDING TO HURT PEOPLE EVERY DAY LIKE YOU DO. YOU LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE SUFFER CAUSE YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON OBVIOUSLY. IF YOU DO NOT STOP DEGRADING MY HUSBAND I WILL SUE YOU FOR DEFIMATION OF CHARACTER.
The vehicle your husband used to ram the door belonged to the homeowner, it was not a Saturn.

I read from the newspaper that the Saturn your husband abandoned on 28th was stolen, if this is incorrect I apologize.

I did not watch the TV news so I cannot comment on seeing the temporary tag.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Phoenix Forum right now

Search the Phoenix Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Men Keep Underwear for 7 Years on Average: Study 4 hr Latter Day Faints 19
dont but from this unprofessional company 9 hr Thats Right 6
Nostradamus 10 hr guest 26
Uncle Niece sex....Incest? Relationship? (Aug '13) 20 hr Flako101 13
we are suppliers of froozen chicken feet in l... (Mar '13) Wed chicken feet 16
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Wed ZIONIST BANKSTERS 28
Suspect in Glendale police shooting arrested (Jan '07) Apr 22 SMARTYPANTS 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Phoenix Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Phoenix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••